[DEV] Aero Control v2.2.0 (Stable)

Search This thread

rahul32111

Jan 21, 2011
Hi Blechd0se
Thanks for the aero kernel
I installed V1.00 from play store (apk file fails to install on cm11 29/12 with 03/01 update)
i found that that set on boot works but sometimes it messes gpu and cpu frequencies (like both stuck on 266 and 1000 or cpu at 1000 and gpu at 16)
is anyone else facing this issue?

Blechd0se

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 19, 2012
Stuttgart
@Blechd0se WOW! fantastic work, thank you!
I think Congratulations is in order :)
Now you are in the Play store you could do a donate app?
I don't use PayPal so that would be a good way for ppl like me to help show our appreciation ;)
Happy New Year!

MB525 RED Lense
Yes i will consider this when i have more time. Do you just want a donation app or something else?

Blechd0se
Please Add the Motorola Audio Option In Our Defy Parts Its Useful Other ROM User Like MIUI etc.YOUR DONE GREAT JOB FOR OUR MOTO DEFY
You mean the audio parts in defy settings? I didn't know anybody uses this since you can tweak sound easily with dsp-manager.

@Blechd0se: Looks like I am the first person to download your app from Play store. Its working great so far. Will report if I see anything.

Thank you, but you are not the first person. Google just needs time to update the statistics :cyclops:

Hi Blechd0se
Thanks for the aero kernel
I installed V1.00 from play store (apk file fails to install on cm11 29/12 with 03/01 update)
i found that that set on boot works but sometimes it messes gpu and cpu frequencies (like both stuck on 266 and 1000 or cpu at 1000 and gpu at 16)
is anyone else facing this issue?

If you want to install apk, you need to enable it in the security settings. How did you test that they are both stuck?

Reactions: ebol94

frozenwaverider

Dec 9, 2012
Auckland
@Blechd0se
A very simple donate app would be great or even better you could have say 3 different one's with varying prices :)
First(just a suggestion) about $1.20? So that everyone can afford it & should have no excuse not to buy ;)
Second, say about $5 to $10? For people that want to thank you for your time but have life bills :)
Third, say somewhere between $8 and $19 for those that want to buy 2 drinks for you :)
And finally if people want to donate more they can buy all 3 or use PayPal?

MB525 RED Lense

Blechd0se

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 19, 2012
Stuttgart
Just pushed a new Version to google play (Google might take a while until they send auto-updates).

While Aero Control should be the perfect debugging/tuning app for user as well as developers there was one thing that was missing;
CPU Statistic. So i added this feature. You can now see how long the cpu spent in each frequency.
I also added auto apply support for profiles (per-app-modes should be really easy to develop now).
Furthermore i fixed this stupid bug that one can't see the cpu governor parameter values.

See for yourself, the changelog;
  • Added CPU Statistic overview
  • Added Sweep2Wake Switch
  • Added a few more tutorials
  • Fixed a bug when choosing the CPU Governor Parameter
  • Fixed a bug where profiles won't apply automatically
  • Fixed perference back-Button behaviour
  • Optimized a lot of core functions and also reduced memory footprint (Aero Control should now use even less ram)
  • Updated translations: german, italian (@Android74), croation (@spear1403), chinese-simplified (@struq), portuguese @leandrolutz, romanian (@cyrusct82)

As always you can grab the apk file from my server or if you want to download it directly from the play store.

Thanks to all contributors and also thanks to all users which rate my app on the play store. This really helps me a lot!
If you haven't downloaded it already, what are you waiting for?

Download

Download Play Store

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    94 KB · Views: 357

niksy+

Jan 16, 2012
Oh, man, these CPU statistics look so nice :D But could you maybe add a "reset counters" button? I don't see one :D An option to "reset when unplugged" would be great, too :)

Thanks for the update, will rate on the play store asap!

L3ibnitZ

Jan 25, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi blechdose.
I'm using your app on my milestone2.
Does the defy only have 3 frequency steps? The ms2 has 4.
Is it possible to support 4 frequencies in Cpu statistics and maybe also the deepsleep time?
Maybe a little ot:
I was able to test your sweep2wake feature since czechop supports it in his latest version of cm11. Enabling the display only works if i turn off the display using the powerbutton or if it times out. Turning on the display with s2w doesn't work after turnung off the display with the s2w gesture.
Thanks for your great work!

Sent from my A953 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Badwater55

niksy+

Jan 16, 2012
Hi blechdose.
I'm using your app on my milestone2.
Does the defy only have 3 frequency steps? The ms2 has 4.
Is it possible to support 4 frequencies in Cpu statistics and maybe also the deepsleep time?
Maybe a little ot:
I was able to test your sweep2wake feature since czechop supports it in his latest version of cm11. Enabling the display only works if i turn off the display using the powerbutton or if it times out. Turning on the display with s2w doesn't work after turnung off the display with the s2w gesture.
Thanks for your great work!

Sent from my A953 using xda app-developers app

About the sweep2wake issue, read here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49245859&postcount=1873
Basically, the problem is in our still Moto-bound 2.6.32 kernel. It works perfectly in the 3.0 one that is in development, but it has other issues with more important (basic) functions :( Try pushing any remaining MS2 developers into the 3.0 kernel development, we would all benefit a lot from the switch to it :)

Urdle

Mar 26, 2013
Lyon
+1
When I tried TRIM on the system partition, the phone got stuck and I expected it to return to normal after a couple if minutes. After 6 hours, the phone was still unresponsive.
+1
I have the exact same issue : when trimming system, the screen goes black, the backlight (and buttons) are lit, but the phone is completelly unresponsive (20 minutes or so, removed the battery, tried again, still no luck).
Trimming /data gets me a frozen screen, it's still able to light/dim the screen and wakeup if I don't wait to long (except for that, it's completelly unresponsive. Waited 25 minutes before removing the battery)
Trimming /cache did not seem to do anything (nothing on screen, but at least the phone is still usable)

I'm using the version of the app on gplay; and I'm using the last Quarkx build (2014-01-20)
Any suggestions ?

Another completely unrelated stuff : do anyone know a tool to export a dmesg/catlog and other stuffs via google drive ?

slimshady76

Aug 11, 2009
Berisso
I've been playing with the "Low Memory" option under @Quarx's CM11 and I must reckon I don't understand how it works. Enabling it leaves my MB526 with just 20-30MB of free RAM, while disabling it boasts free RAM to 150-200MB...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys :)

It's finally here, the Aero Control App i have spoken for so long. This is actually my first contact with Android App Development. Since
    i know how the kernel works and what it does, its quite frustrating to see, that users could customize their phone even more with just
    simple tricks and shell commands. However for the most its a pain to type on such a small screen such wired commands in a shell.
    Thats why i created Aero Control!

Aero Control features a nice and shiny user interface following the Google Guidelines for User Interface Design.
    Its designed to give new and inexperienced users a quick start to set things up while not overwhelming them with information.
    On the other hand even advanced users can tweak many parts of the OS & Kernel to get the most out of their device.
    Basically, it gives you full control over your device without the knowledge to know each parameter or path.

Aero Control will hopefully someday replace the Defy Parts in the Settings.apk of Android and ship with each new ROM release.
    Since this is my first app, bear with me. I am human too :)

Disclaimer;
    The good part about this is, its Open Source! That means everyone can grab the code and modify/compile it for free! I want this to become more
    like a community project. Everyone can suggest features / send bugs or even do a pull request. The code is actually quite
    easy to understand, at least i tried to document it as good as i can. It's probably also a good way to learn java :)
    You can also help me translating if you want to. I take no responsibility for what you do to your device.

Help with Translations:
    You can help me with translations. This is the file that needs to be translated. You can either fork my project on github and make a pull request to send me your translated file
    or you send me a pm or you post the file here in this thread. If you don't know where you should save your file, have a look over here.
    Make a new folder and add your language flag (example; values-es for spanisch files).

Donate to Quarx
    PayPal: quarx@yandex.ru
    ---------------------------------------
    Donate to Blechd0se
    PayPal: alex.christ@hotmail.de

Enough spoken, here are the features;
    • Full CPU Control (Change each parameter for every governor out there!)
    • Live CPU overclock/underclock
    • GPU OC/UC (overclock/underclock from a nice to use interface)
    • Memory Performance Tuning (enhance performance even further e.g. enable fstrim or zcache)
    • Basic Kernel Backup/Restore Option
    • Set your values on Boot
    • Basic DefyParts features
    • Profiles - define your own profile on the fly!
    • CPU Statistics overview
    • Per-App Profiles!
    • 'Your Settings'-Feature
    • AppMonitor

This App is designed to not only work on the Defy, i tested it with my Nexus 4 and most of the Features work there as well.

Aero Control on Play Store

Download

Aero Control on Github

Have fun and enjoy! :)
    1.0.0 Beta

Hello guys,

i hope you enjoyed the holidays :)
    In the meanwhile i prepared the biggest update for Aero Control and yes we are moving finally into beta-stage.
    This version features a new profile-management. You can add and define your own profiles. At the moment they are
    profiles for the set-on-Boot implementation, so they will only take affect when you reboot your device. I put much efforts
    in doing this right so it can be easily extended in the future. I might do also some sort of per-app settings based on your feedback :)

Full Changelog;
    • Added Profiles - define your own profile with just a couple of clicks!
    • Added some of the defy parts (no baseband switcher for now.)
    • Added a root checker - you will be noticed if you have no root installed on your system.
    • Added a switch to enable/disable the reboot checker
    • Added a app theme switcher - Aero Control feature now two more themes to choose from.
    • Added a new tutorial for cpu settings
    • Fix exception while trimming
    • Fix set-on-Boot won't execute under some conditions
    • Fix a bug where vsel4 won't be updated when saved
    • Fix a bug where Aero Control would crash while saving oc/uc values
    • Fix a bug where the minimum frequency won't update if overclocked
    • Fix cpu governor specific menu - its now a new button in the action bar and shows a warning if a parameter can't be changed
    • Updated translations: chinese (simplified) @struq, @spear1403 for croatian, @marcin92 for polish, @android74 for italian and german
    • And many more small cleanups and fixes for a better user experience!

So quite big changelog this time and many things have changed and hopefully improved. This release has around 1600 lines of additions and
    around 500 lines of deletions. I hope you guys like it, probably the last release for this year :cyclops:

Download

I also registered myself as a developer for google play and yes, Aero Control is already available on the play store!
    The Play Store option has the advantage that you can update Aero Control automatically when there is a new update and also
    my server will thank you if you download it via google play :)
    Just pushed a new Version to google play (Google might take a while until they send auto-updates).

While Aero Control should be the perfect debugging/tuning app for user as well as developers there was one thing that was missing;
    CPU Statistic. So i added this feature. You can now see how long the cpu spent in each frequency.
    I also added auto apply support for profiles (per-app-modes should be really easy to develop now).
    Furthermore i fixed this stupid bug that one can't see the cpu governor parameter values.

See for yourself, the changelog;
    • Added CPU Statistic overview
    • Added Sweep2Wake Switch
    • Added a few more tutorials
    • Fixed a bug when choosing the CPU Governor Parameter
    • Fixed a bug where profiles won't apply automatically
    • Fixed perference back-Button behaviour
    • Optimized a lot of core functions and also reduced memory footprint (Aero Control should now use even less ram)
    • Updated translations: german, italian (@Android74), croation (@spear1403), chinese-simplified (@struq), portuguese @leandrolutz, romanian (@cyrusct82)

As always you can grab the apk file from my server or if you want to download it directly from the play store.

Thanks to all contributors and also thanks to all users which rate my app on the play store. This really helps me a lot!
    If you haven't downloaded it already, what are you waiting for?

Download

Download Play Store
    Aero Control moves out of beta!

Hello guys,

its finally available for everyone. Aero Control just reached version 2.0.0. This means we are moving out of beta finally (nearly one year after the first release).
    So this release is pretty much full of new stuff and features. I already talked about a few of them. A normal Aero Control release has around 40 commits,
    this one has 75+ and also over 6000 added lines of code. Yes, i was really busy the last couple of months. Since its such a big release and changelog, let
    me talk about the popular features in this release.

The first thing you'll probably notice is a UI overhaul, i added a few bits here and there to make the experience a bit more playful. The second thing
    is the new and improved set-on-boot functionality. Instead of having one global switch to enable/disable the feature, you can set it individual for each
    item that has a checkbox to its right. So if you just want to experiment a bit, don't worry. As long as you haven't checked the checkbox you can experiment
    as much as you want. When you add a new profile each currently checked item will be assigned to this profile too.

The next very big feature is called 'Your settings' and you can find it in the 'Misc Settings'. Its basically a filemanager to let you tweak/tune any desired
    file even if Aero Control doesn't support it out of the box. So in theory there are no limitations for devices/kernels anymore.
    There are many other new things such as improved per app profile handling and support for the upcoming "L" release, but it would take to long to talk about
    every change in detail.

If you are curious, just checkout the (very long) changelog:

• [commit]: Version 2.0.0
    • [commit]: splashscreen: add set-on-boot fragment
    • [commit]: layout: small layout adjustments
    • [commit]: statistics: align layout properly
    • [commit]: prefs: allow to reset tutorials
    • [commit]: misc: add tutorial for 'your settings'
    • [commit]: updater: change update path to subfolder
    • [commit]: profiles: add import/export of profiles
    • [commit]: aero: enable misc settings for defy
    • [commit]: profiles: refactor perapp selection dialog
    • [commit]: service: perapp: reduce sampling rate
    • [commit]: memory: remove unnecessary keys
    • [commit]: res: fix actionbar color
    • [commit]: updater: add generic backup/restore option
    • [commit]: helper: fix null-values for settingshelper
    • [commit]: res: big UI overhaul
    • [commit]: service: prepare perapp for android L
    • [commit]: helpers: add doesExist() helper
    • [commit]: fragments: smooth out transition effect
    • [commit]: helpers: add set-on-boot for your settings (3/3)
    • [commit]: misc: add 'your settings' layout/logic (2/3)
    • [commit]: helpers: add the filemanager backbone (1/3)
    • [commit]: misc: add tcp congestion choice
    • [commit]: voltage: fix values wouldn't update
    • [commit]: activity: fix onBackPressed() handling
    • [commit]: translations: fix missing string derp
    • [commit]: profiles: fix multiple dialog overlay issues
    • [commit]: helper/settings: fix boolean class cast
    • [commit]: shell: prevent log spam on various devices
    • [commit]: helper: fix perApp helper for sure
    • [commit]: profiles: allow to delete profiles fast
    • [commit]: aero: micro-optimize thread handling
    • [commit]: prefs: show current state on checkbox elements
    • [commit]: profiles: resolve null pointer if service is down
    • [commit]: helpers: allow to toggle empty prefernces
    • [commit]: misc: add vibrator control for other devices
    • [commit]: layout: fix tutorial layout issues
    • [commit]: misc/handler: remove 2D array
    • [commit]: helper: shell: make thread usage optional
    • [commit]: memory: add ksm toggle option
    • [commit]: aero: fix layout issues for 4.4+ devices
    • [commit]: splashscreen: add a new SplashScreen for new users
    • [commit]: helper: settings: apply correct file path
    • [commit]: service: give per app service a dedicated handler
    • [commit]: preferences: allow to disable the testsuite
    • [commit]: helpers: call setChecked() on checkbox change
    • [commit]: drawable: add a new progress dialog spinner
    • [commit]: profiles: show spinner while loading app-data
    • [commit]: service: micro-optimize the perapp service
    • [commit]: helpers: fix wired race conditions once and for all
    • [commit]: gpu: fix force close while casting class
    • [commit]: helpers: fix race conditions with cpu governors
    • [commit]: cpu: fix governor wont apply for offline cpus
    • [commit]: memory: add fsync option
    • [commit]: memory: don't try trimming if lib is missing
    • [commit]: boot: remove the set-on-boot check (3/3)
    • [commit]: helpers: transition to new custom preferences (2/3)
    • [commit]: boot: implement a smarter set-on-boot feature (1/3)
    • [commit]: statistics: small layout adjustments
    • [commit]: cpu: add generic live oc/uc
    • [commit]: gpu: fix max frequency control
    • [commit]: aero: add cpu load per core
    • [commit]: translation: fix french translation
    • [commit]: helpers: add missing file path for gpus
    • [commit]: Merge pull request #34 from MaLiXs/patch-1
    • [commit]: Update strings.xml
    • [commit]: testsuite: bump up warumUp phase
    • [commit]: testsuite: add a small test suite
    • [commit]: memory: show low mem option only for defy
    • [commit]: helpers: centralize file paths
    • [commit]: cpu: fix a potential exception
    • [commit]: profiles: fix possible nullpointer
    • [commit]: profiles: hide splash screen after creation
    • [commit]: helper: boot: add gpu governor settings
    • [commit]: gpu: refactor gpu fragment
    • [commit]: profiles: fix IAE while saving
    • [commit]: gpu: add doubletap2wake feature

We are moving out of beta, since i added everything i wanted to see in a kernel tweaking app. Since it features a complete rewritten base the future is very bright!
    I hope you enjoy this massive release and spread the word. I have worked nearly 2 months continuously to provide you this release and even bugged @Quarx to help me
    out in terms of reaching a new quality standard.

Notice: Google might need some time until its available in the playstore.

Download Play Store

Download
    Hello Guys,

just pushed out a new release of Aero Control!
    Just check out the Changelog;
    • Added a new CardLayout based interface for the overview panel (with a few additions)
    • Redesigning the CPU Statistics panel a little bit
    • Complete overhaul of the statistics data structures as well as its calculations
    • Fixed logcat spam if some files doesn't exist
    • Fixed a potential reboot during trimming
    • Fixed theme won't apply immediately
    • Fixed overclocking values won't show correctly in statistics
    • Made some base calculations smarter to be more efficient
    • Much more smaller stuff, check github for details
    • Updated translations: polish @marcin92, chinese-simplified @struq, italian @android74, croation @spear1403, romanian @cyrusct82 (thanks guys!)

So all in all many many bug/logical fixes and also a small UI redesign. Some guy said he didn't like the overview panel with
    those italic font and since that very moment i started to think about how to redesign this. Also if you overclocked your CPU it should display
    those values now correctly. I spend much time on the statistics panel to tweak it as much as possible, basically i did a
    complete rewriting of the base data structure and how Aero Control loads those CPU values. Have fun!

As always you can get the apk file from my server or download it via Google Play.
    Notice that Google needs some time until they give you the OTA update.

I am also very thankfully if you leave a rating for my little humble app in the Play Store. This really helps
    me a lot!

Download

Download Google Play