Ext4 Roms

Search This thread

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
What are some of the roms in the mytouch 4g thread that support appstoext4, currently using a zip file that supports apps2sd (thanks to that dev) but i do prefer using the ext partition. I also prefer aosp to sense, but if there are some sense roms that support apps2ext i will def check them out. Thanks for looking @ my thread and any information is welcome :)

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
Why would you need the ext partition in MT4G? ~1GB of internal RAM isn't good enough?
And if you're talking about reformatting /data with EXT4, why is it of any concern?

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
No, 1gb of ram is not enough for everyone especially me. I have tons of apps/games i install to my phone and the only way i can do this atm is with apps2sd which is decent, but having them installed to an ext4 partition makes them run faster then if they were on sdcard. It's ok i understand why you would think 1gb of ram is enough.

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
If you're installing the downloaded part of the game on the internal memory (it's not RAM, my mistake - it's probably best to refer to as just internal memory), I can understand why.

In any case, the solution might be to use A2SD by DarkTremor on any ROM that you like, which you're probably doing already. I don't think many ROMs bother to support A2SD initially, since the demand for it is very small.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Ya, using dark tremors flashable zip for the moment until i can either find a rom that supports apps2ext(4) or someone educates me on which rom does support it lol Either way problem is very temporary anyways since my upgradeis in August...tho i may just wait till the Hercules or Nexus 3 come out since my last phone was a g1. This MT4G i got from craigslist with a sweet deal and blows away the g1 haha