Los Angeles, CA
Is this right?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335236534242.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335236534242.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 429

madjokeer

Aug 10, 2006
when I do the wire trip with perfect timing I look at my device manager and have a unknown device qhsusb_dload which means the device is bricked which we are essentially doing with the wire trick. If i touch the pin with the ground again the phone resets and the s-off script states s-off failed .. what am I doing wrong?? I have Google usb drivers and HTC drivers installed

JCatman

Dec 23, 2011
Unlock/Root/S-off Question

OK - after searching & searching found instructions to accomplish all of the above. However, thought I came across thread saying; you can't start the process with a Rezound if you took the OTA or firmware 2.01.XX? Is this true? Am I not able to go through this process beginning with unlocking bootloader if I am on 2.01? Android version 2.3.4/Sense 3.5/PRI 1.13_002, 1.88_022? Advice appreciated. Thanks

nowetdio

Jun 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
OK - after searching & searching found instructions to accomplish all of the above. However, thought I came across thread saying; you can't start the process with a Rezound if you took the OTA or firmware 2.01.XX? Is this true? Am I not able to go through this process beginning with unlocking bootloader if I am on 2.01? Android version 2.3.4/Sense 3.5/PRI 1.13_002, 1.88_022? Advice appreciated. Thanks

I rooted a few days ago with the latest firmware, and everything worked fine.

Reactions: JCatman

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
any word on the new leak ics hboot 2.25? i mean the patched 1? i just went through the process of the new leak, and im having problems pushing recovery through fastboot. i installed cwm touch 4 now, but prefer twrp. anyways thanks guys.

Marine6680

Jul 12, 2009
Kingsport TN
Yeah I was wondering if we will see a patched version of the new hboot.

Probably should just wait until the OTA ICS update. I doubt much benefit will come from using the new leaked firmware. The radios are the same as the prior ICS leak right?

You should throw up the different radios as well, one convenient place for everything.

Would be nice to know which radio/hboot came from which RUU/leak too.

Meadows is the man :cool:

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I might just roll back and use the 2.21 hboot, being how im needing my fastboot commands to work.

sent from my rooted & s-off rezound using X-parent ics tapatalk 2

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Hell i might just roll back to the latest gingerbread for now and flash the eng. Hboot. ;-) very happy i have many choices now..... Thanks 2 s-off. ;-)

sent from my rooted & s-off rezound using X-parent ics tapatalk 2

Spyke562

Mar 14, 2011
Hey Everyone,

I don't really know what to do next so I am asking. I want to be able to flash all the cool ICS ROMS. I am on stock firmware with S-OFF (attached Screen Shot). My questions is can I flash new firmware (3.11.605.22) and start flashing all the ICS ROMs? I would rather update to ICS firmware then to install the 'old firmware patch'. Am I making a good call on this?

Here is what I plan to do:

Follow steps here to upgrage firmware.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536297

But since I am S-OFF I am thinking I can just do step 5. Since I am S-OFF do I need to unlock boot loader?

1. Download the 3.11.605.22 Leaked RUU: LINK MD5 = 58b0f42defc689650ddd5128f195dc7d
2. Rename the RUU to "PH98IMG.zip"
3. Copy the renamed RUU to the root of your external SD Card.
4. Re-lock the bootloader.
Open a DOS prompt and change directory to the folder where you have fastboot.exe
Reboot to bootloader
Type "fastboot oem lock" (No Quotes) while you are in bootloader (fastboot usb).

5. Reboot to bootloader again via recovery menu.
The bootloader will begin to scan the PH98IMG.zip - This will take awhile
When it asks if you want to update press volume up for yes.
The update will make the first pass - This will take awhile as well
The phone will reboot and sit on the white HTC screen - DO NOT freak out once again "this will take awhile"
When it is done it will reboot back to fastboot mode.
Make sure "Bootloader" is highlighted and then press the power button to run the second pass of the install - once again "this will take awhile " - watch the screen to verify ok next to each partition
Once complete press the power button to reboot.
Your device will now begin booting on the newly installed Leaked RUU

6. Once booted skip everything in setup
7. Proceed to http://htcdev.com/ to unlock the bootloader - Unlock keys do expire so you may need to request a new key.
8. Install the custom recovery of your choice.
9. Flash RezROM as instructed above.

Once I upgrade to ICS firmware I can then start flashing ICS ROMs freely without the need to flash the 'old firmware patch'?

Thanks for any help...

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 353

wayne8821212

Feb 2, 2009
Baltimore
Please get verification from non-noobies on this but, now that you have S-off you can leave your bootloader locked. Also is also an even newer firmware RUU (3.13.605.7.. see original post) in this thread).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DISCLAIMER
    I am not responsible for what you do with your phone. If you flash something that you shouldn't have, or do something you wish you didn't, and tell me that it is my fault, I will laugh. It isn't my fault if you are fired because your phone bricked, or if your girlfriend breaks up with you because you couldn't text back. If you don't know what to do, ASK!! That's the purpose of this thread.

Useful Threads:

Back to S-On (From S-Off): Scotty1223's Thread

Guide to Unlock Bootloader from HTCDev: Nightwings' Thread

HTC Misctool: Drellisdee's Thread

Network Bootlooping Fix: Jayochs' Thread

Rezound All-In-One Toolkit: Hasoon2000's Thread

Rezound Rom/Mod/Tool/Guide/Recovery/Kernel/Utility List: Xjedi's Thread

S-Off FAQ: Luis86dr's Thread

S-Off Instructions List: Graymonkey44's Thread

S-Off ONLY! Flashing Splash Screens in Recovery!: Con247's Thread

RUU Files:
    FOR THE ZIP FILES, NAME TO PH98IMG.ZIP AND PUT ON SDCARD. THEN FLASH IN HBOOT.

1.02.605.6 Gingerbread EXE RUU: Goo.im's RUU

1.02.605.6 Gingerbread ZIP RUU: Goo.im's RUU

2.01.605.11 Gingerbread EXE RUU: Goo.im's RUU

2.01.605.11 Gingerbread ZIP RUU: Goo.im's RUU

3.11.605.22 Ice Cream Sandwich ZIP RUU: My File, Goo.im's Hosting

3.13.605.7 Ice Cream Sandwich ZIP RUU: My File, Goo.im's Hosting

3.14.605.5 Ice Cream Sandwich ZIP RUU: My File, Goo.im's Hosting

Other Useful Files:
    ENG HBOOT for 2.11 Users: Con247's File, Jcase's HBOOT

JuopunutBear Patched 2.11 HBOOT: Unlimited.io's File

JuopunutBear Patched 2.21 HBOOT: Unlimited.io's File
    To those complaining about S-OFF.

Your decision to buy this phone does not fall on the backs of the devs who are working on rooting it. You are actually only annoying them and making their hobby less enjoyable. This isn't a car ride to the grand canyon and noone wants to hear you ask "are we there yet" a thousand times.

Sure we all want what you're asking, and we even want you to participate in this forum, but please remember that developers are human beings contributing their own free time and owe you absolutely nothing.

Impatient nervous whining will always drive away talented devs. Please show some respect and try not to let that happen here.
    So unless I missed something, why is there so much talk about jumping ship when the Rezound is almost as open as it can be?

to me, and as well this is not an attack, rather stating my opinion, its that the longer S-On persists with no S-off in sight, it feels like I paid to be restricted, when I could be paying to be 100% free elsewhere on the same network. Yes I can wifi tether, and sure I can freeze my bloat but its the principle to me. Do I want to change my boot ani and splash? The answer is irrelevant, because I cant, and that slightly irks me.

That being said, HTC's device quality surpasses samsungs every time. I'm 80% sure or better that I'll be sticking it out. The 20% is the stubborn german in me that says "fck restriction."
    Don't know why, perhaps because I like tilting at windmills, perhaps because I like the bully pulpit social media can provide, but I went on htcusa's wall and protested the locked-down Rezound. Scolded them for poor last quarter figures (like they really care what some flashaholic east coast lawyer has to say) and told them they had an opportunity with the issues with the other phones (Razr and its SIM card; Nexus and its lack of Google wallet).

I also mentioned that I could understand if they were waiting for ICS to unlock the bootloader, but at the very least they could TELL US what they're doing.

Yeah, glad I got that off my chest. Got a response akin to "thank you for sharing."
    also could put the instructions for flashing amonra's recovery image via fastboot in there too :)

Yeah Ill do that too

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App