Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fk.gregor

Feb 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I have a gnex and I like it, a lot. These windows phones coming out look pretty cool and their just now catching up with some hardware specs us android users are used to. What do you guys think of these windows phones? Im curious to know the app development for the OS. Thats the only thing keeping me away. Your thoughts?

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
I have a gnex and I like it, a lot. These windows phones coming out look pretty cool and their just now catching up with some hardware specs us android users are used to. What do you guys think of these windows phones? Im curious to know the app development for the OS. Thats the only thing keeping me away. Your thoughts?

Have a look at windowsphone.interopabilitybridges.com

Many articles point out as more users move to the Windows Phone platform, app devs will move over as well.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

down8

Definitely shows promise, but I'm locked into Android for the time being.

Just pulled out my HD2, which has WP7.5 on it (giving to my bro for a loaner), and it is a slick interface. Zune may have flopped, but it is just nice to use.

But, I'm Google-locked for now.

-bZj

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Beautiful phones softwate and hardware wise. Run extremely smooth especially the lumia 920. I like android for the freedom but if i had to choose a business phone it would be a windows phone 8 device. Apps are still far behind as their new. If you dont play games tho then they have apps for everything productivity wise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NexusDro

Jan 28, 2010
Lumia 920 looks pretty nice. I have an upcoming hardware upgrade and since I'm buying the Nexus 4 outright, I'll upgrade to the Lumia to give it a try. I hope that Microsoft won't pull another Windows Phone 7 not upgradable to Win8 thing.

ahmadallica

Apr 7, 2009
Beautiful phones softwate and hardware wise. Run extremely smooth especially the lumia 920. I like android for the freedom but if i had to choose a business phone it would be a windows phone 8 device. Apps are still far behind as their new. If you dont play games tho then they have apps for everything productivity wise.

I have always thought the same way. It looks very nice as a business phone especially that Windows OS is mostly used in offices at organizations so it should pair and integrate better with Windows Phone I guess, however, they seem either more expensive or same price to high-cost Android phones, so this makes it harder to pick a WIndows Phone if I can get a similar specifications running Android which will also fit well as a business phone ;)

S

Soldier-3Point0

Maybe Windows will go back to the top once again? :sarcasm:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

slayr76

Mar 26, 2012
perth
I use windows 8 pro on my laptop an everyone goes on about lack of apps well they have all the popular apps that apple appstore an play store has just not as many games but at least they got street fighter lV which looks impressive on my led HD screen unlike android :D but then again PC games kill any iOS,android or console game out there, besides google an root apps I don't use anything else on my gnex.

Last edited:

crixley

May 25, 2012
I use windows 8 pro on my laptop an everyone goes on about lack of apps well they have all the popular apps that apple appstore an play store has just not as many games but at least they got street fighter lV which looks impressive on my led HD screen unlike android :D but then again PC games kill any iOS,android or console game out there, besides google an root apps I don't use anything else on my gnex.

they're taking about the mobile os...

the wp8 app store is a graveyard

theredsonja

Nov 15, 2011
Rio de Janeiro

I actually had to read 3 times to understand. :confused:
But it is actually about the mobile version.

InfDaMarvel

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Windows will always dominate the Enterprise market...

Windows no doubt will continue to rule in in the workspace with windows 8 on tablets. So most people will need one. When it come s to the mobile phone market apple and Google should dominate for awhile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

slayr76

Mar 26, 2012
perth
they're taking about the mobile os...

the wp8 app store is a graveyard

I don't know how you didn't understand my post I clearly said windows 8 pro on my Pc, but I agree win 8 on a smartphone or tablet would be complete garbage compared to android, its a no brainer win8 mobile clearly sucks but so did android before ICS an jellybean came along, I absolutely despised gingerbread an anything before it compared with iOS back then.

Last edited:

InfDaMarvel

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Fyi All windows 8 operating systems can be considered mobile now. Just depends on what hardware its on. Tablets with keyboard attachments are going to be huge in 2013.

063_XOBX

Jun 6, 2010
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Google Pixel 4 XL
Fyi All windows 8 operating systems can be considered mobile now. Just depends on what hardware its on. Tablets with keyboard attachments are going to be huge in 2013.

No they aren't. Just because companies will make them doesn't mean they will be huge. Adding a keyboard attachment defeats the entire point of a tablet and I think the market will respond accordingly.

pbgong

Aug 31, 2010
Oakland Gardens, NY
I think Windows 8 phones might start to catch on in enterprises but for the mainstream users they will probably stick with Apple or Android. How well the phones integrate to the Office suite of products will drive the success or failure of the Windows 8 OS in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you like locked down garbage that will never actually be updated?

Good for you.

I hear "windows" i think "virus" .... no thanks.

That's funny because when I hear "infected" the first word that comes to mind is "noob.".
    Not even remotely interesting. User interface is atrocious.
    I respect you for who you are and what you do for this community, but so many people get a virus\malware\spyware infection on windows machines and have no idea how it happened. Average people...yes...morons... probably not.

You either know how to stay virus free or don't.

I've not had one in 10 years. Of course they don't know how it happened because they have no concept of safe computing.

You don't have to open those attachments and no you aren't a contest winner. On top of that, there are no websites that know you are infected. No, clicking that button in the popup will not fix your computer.

If folks have trouble with viruses, go to OS X so you don't have to learn common sense computing.

I know its harsh but someone has to say it.

It irks me when people blame an OS for viruses. You are right though, moron was too strong. Noob is better.
    I hear "windows" i think "virus" .... no thanks.