Scratches over camera lens?

Search This thread

Fahad M.

Feb 5, 2013
Lahore
Is there anyone here besides me having these tiny scratches on camera lens? i really doubt that claim of LG that the camera lens is protected with sapphire glass. my phone is totally scratchless even after 2 months of use without any protector, but only the camera lens has got the scratches which is funny as well as annoying or me. though it doesnt make any affect on the camera quality after all but still its so confusing for me that why is it having scratches.

Please see the picture and suggest the way out to remove these scratches or what would be the reason behind them, i have used my set with utmost care.

von9xy.jpg

charlie95113

Dec 25, 2010
I have these issues

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Not only that but after time it will get worst eventually all pictures seem to have a nice blur glowing affect

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

shiftnd

Apr 8, 2012
Oooh, those are serious scratches. Did you run an angle grinder on that? I have one thin scratch with normal use after 6 months

Fahad M.

Feb 5, 2013
Lahore
Oooh, those are serious scratches. Did you run an angle grinder on that? I have one thin scratch with normal use after 6 months

i have done nothing wrong, i wear comfort fit jeans mostly which are very loose, nothing in my pocket it is really annoying that on one hand LG claims that its a sapphire glass and on the other hand i have these scratches.

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
Boy those are some scratches indeed. Can it be it's due to sand or something?
For 6 months i have spotless glass on the camera.

Fahad M.

Feb 5, 2013
Lahore
i have found a better way, the picture quality of my phone was not runied till now, i have applied a transparent sticker on the camera lens and the quality is more or less the same. xD its protected now means the scratches wont increase in number, but still...LG whats this :S

JeffreyNijnatten

Jan 20, 2013
Nijmegen
Same issue here, mine scratches are even worse. Photo quality is still good but when there is a lot of light coming through a window or something, the light gets very fuzzy and intense.

whoamanwtf

Nov 15, 2008
Best Coast
My phone is flawless and always been in a case but I too have camera lens scratches, never had a scratched lens before even on my Evo... Something is not right with this supposed Sapphire glass.

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
Could it be that it is just oleophobic layer that is worn off? Very common with all the phones generating these types of threads.
I know for a fact that oleophobic coat on the front screen, indeed does not last very long, resulting in uneven look, where you are touching mostly.

Once all the coating is gone, with time, all is fine again.

Sent from my LG-D803

Reactions: JeffreyNijnatten

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
Could it be that it is just oleophobic layer that is worn off? Very common with all the phones generating these types of threads.
I know for a fact that oleophobic coat on the front screen, indeed does not last very long, resulting in uneven look, where you are touching mostly.

Sent from my LG-D803

How do you remove the remaining oleophobic coat?

Sent from my Xperia Z1

rajko34

Jul 31, 2011
LG G2

here's what happened on my LG G2
phone did not come into contact with anything sharp
whether there is a guarantee for this
or how much it costs replacement
images are now pale and lack sharpness as previously
just removed a layer of paint is not scratched glass
sorry for my bad english

LG G2 D802 flying to KitKat

Attachments

• IMG047.jpg
    IMG047.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG057.jpg
    IMG057.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG048.jpg
    IMG048.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG056.jpg
    IMG056.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
here's what happened on my LG G2
phone did not come into contact with anything sharp
whether there is a guarantee for this
or how much it costs replacement
images are now pale and lack sharpness as previously
just removed a layer of paint is not scratched glass
sorry for my bad english

LG G2 D802 flying to KitKat

Wow! Just.....wow! What happend?
Was there a paint smudge on the glass and you removed it?

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
i dont understand how people can pay all this money for this phone and not protect it with some type of case. even a $5 case is nothing to spend on a $600+ device. if you keep it naked then something IS going to happen to it. whether it's scratches, dents, nicks. protect your investment. these things can be sold when you move on to an upgrade. you're basically losing money when you dont protect it because it's value will be lower than the avg g2 at the time of sale because you didnt bother to protect it. i've had mine since release and have not 1 scratch on the camera lens or lcd screen. i use a tpu case that cost me $6 on amazon and an HD clear screen protector that cost another $5 on amazon. that $11 is going to save me a couple hundred when i move on to another phone and sell this g2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the only thing preventing me from buying this phone : (

Men, you all so pathetic. Seems as you all wear halo or nimbus above your saint brow. Meh.
    this man said it right "you are buying phone not a wife":cowboy: :good:

Sent from my LG-D803
    This is the only thing preventing me from buying this phone : (

Yeah, sure.....you are buying phone not a wife.