[Q] Why Flash Bootloader and Radio? How?

Search This thread

JedTech

May 5, 2014
In the changelog for 4.4 RC 1, we are told that we need to flash a new bootloader and radio. This has not been part of my normal process. Why do we need to do this? Also, I wasn't able to find any threads on suggested bootloaders and radios for PA. Please point me in the right direction if this is something I really need to do. (using a Nexus 5)

Quote from the 4.4 RC 1 Changelog:
4.4 RC1 - Kitkat 4.4.3

Dose of awesome sauce on this week from PA Headquarters, again. As you may know we merged 4.4.3 into our source. You will need to flash new bootloader, radio, Gapps and update to latest recovery before going forward. Many bugs have been also resolved on our bug tracker thanks to community’s reports, less to go.

saumil007

Aug 6, 2013
Mumbai
www.facebook.com
In the changelog for 4.4 RC 1, we are told that we need to flash a new bootloader and radio. This has not been part of my normal process. Why do we need to do this? Also, I wasn't able to find any threads on suggested bootloaders and radios for PA. Please point me in the right direction if this is something I really need to do. (using a Nexus 5)

Flash stock 4.4.3 and then flash PA. Did the same for my primary N4

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

JedTech

May 5, 2014
I ended up unzipping the stock package and selectively flashing the stock Bootloader and Radio.

I'm not sure why I needed to do this, but I did it and I'm using 4.4 RC 1 now.
Thanks!

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
It was mentioned to do so but should have specified that it was only for those old 3.99 holdouts that weren't ready to switch. Mainly only applied to mako users.

Sent from my Nexus 5

irawynn

Feb 11, 2014
It was mentioned to do so but should have specified that it was only for those old 3.99 holdouts that weren't ready to switch. Mainly only applied to mako users.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So all Hammerhead user can actualy just flash directly the new rom right ?

(just want a confirmation so I dont go and flash radio and bootloader for nothing)

XCrazedxPyroX

Mar 2, 2013
Cincinnati
I'm kind of in the same situation, except a Nexus 7 2013 LTE is my device in question. I've been searching everywhere and haven't found any answers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
I'm kind of in the same situation, except a Nexus 7 2013 LTE is my device in question. I've been searching everywhere and haven't found any answers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You don't need to update anything then. If your device didn't come with any new boot loaders or radios then there is obviously nothing to update.

#stayparanoid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4.4 RC1 - Kitkat 4.4.3

Dose of awesome sauce on this week from PA Headquarters, again. As you may know we merged 4.4.3 into our source. You will need to flash new bootloader, radio, Gapps and update to latest recovery before going forward. Many bugs have been also resolved on our bug tracker thanks to community’s reports, less to go.