[Q] Time-Lapse Camera on a hat?

Search This thread

hasan_dubais

Feb 14, 2007
Experts,

I’m trying to think about how can I continuously record a two days hiking trip as a time-lapse video using my mobile device.

There are few Apps in the play store that I could use to do this (time lapse) , but the software is not the problem.
My concern is the hardware.

I thought I might try to somehow attach my Note2 to a baseball hat, but I don't think that is practical.
Not only I would look funny with a note2 attached to my forehead, but I will need to use my phone for other stuff.

Then, I found out that there are apps that I could use to connect an external usb camera (i.e. webcam) , this way I could leave my phone in my pocket and use it while it is connected by a cable to the external Camera. But, I don't think that those apps will let me use other Time-lapse camera recording apps. And if I connect an external Camera, then the usb port will not be available to charge my phone with my portable 12800mah charger (remember two days of recording) !!.

Any ideas ..thought?

regards,

og.blaah

Jul 1, 2012
The closest thing I found was a Looxcie bluetooth camera, but it looks like you cant do timelapsed video with that.

Just a thought, have you considered a GoPro? I dont know if they can to timelapsed either???

Reactions: 101fergus

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Experts,

I’m trying to think about how can I continuously record a two days hiking trip as a time-lapse video using my mobile device.

There are few Apps in the play store that I could use to do this (time lapse) , but the software is not the problem.
My concern is the hardware.

I thought I might try to somehow attach my Note2 to a baseball hat, but I don't think that is practical.
Not only I would look funny with a note2 attached to my forehead, but I will need to use my phone for other stuff.

Then, I found out that there are apps that I could use to connect an external usb camera (i.e. webcam) , this way I could leave my phone in my pocket and use it while it is connected by a cable to the external Camera. But, I don't think that those apps will let me use other Time-lapse camera recording apps. And if I connect an external Camera, then the usb port will not be available to charge my phone with my portable 12800mah charger (remember two days of recording) !!.

Any ideas ..thought?

regards,

This forum is specific to the Samsung Galaxy Camera and not Samsung phones or phone camera questions in general.
If anyone can help then all good but you might find your answers in a different forum.

internetpilot

Jan 26, 2011
Ponte Vedra, FL
Late with a reply and perpetuating a non-Galaxy Cam related thread, but I would just get a GoPro knock-off like the SJ4000. You can pick one up for under $100 and it comes with underwater casing, mounts, etc. Photos aren't the best quality, but the video is seriously comparable to the genuine GoPro. I use my SJ4000 for a kayak fishing and as a dashcam and couldn't be happier, especially when it's literally 1/3-1/4 the price of a GoPro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The closest thing I found was a Looxcie bluetooth camera, but it looks like you cant do timelapsed video with that.

Just a thought, have you considered a GoPro? I dont know if they can to timelapsed either???