[MOD] [UPDATE 3] Google Assistant for the Nexus 6P

Search This thread

brianelv

Jul 30, 2014
Buenos Aires
Google Assistant for the Nexus 6P​

New guide available here: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/guide-how-to-enable-google-assistant-t3477879

Old patch for NBD90X
WARNING! Be sure you're using STOCK NBD90X System Image before continuing.

Method 1 UPDATED (Working, no bugs)
The patch is simple, just replace your build.prop with the one on the link:
http://wamod.ml/xda/nexus6p/opa/build.prop
After replacing the build.prop wipe your data.
If long pressing the home button stills opens Google Now be sure you have the Google App (Velvet) updated (6.5.35.21 or newer), or wipe your data and try again.
Known bugs:
- None

Old method
http://wamod.ml/xda/nexus6p/opa/heavybuild.prop
If long pressing the home button stills opens Google Now be sure you have the Google App (Velvet) updated (6.5.35.21 or newer), or wipe your data and try again.
Known bugs:
- Stock camera crashes
- "There's an internal problem with your device" dialog on boot.

If Google Assistant is not showing up you can try wiping the Google app data too.

Good luck! And have some fun :p

Attachments

• device-2016-10-10-200928.png
    device-2016-10-10-200928.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 45,797
  • device-2016-10-10-200958.png
    device-2016-10-10-200958.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 45,247
  • device-2016-10-10-201008.png
    device-2016-10-10-201008.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 44,092
Last edited:

hpagliettini

Nov 10, 2015
i do copy and paste with the file, do wipe data and have a bootlop, any advice?? im to knew but y want to lern thanks

darabo

Feb 7, 2011
Wow, will definitely try this out! Thank you OP!

Just out of curiosity, will this have an effect on OTA updates as well as compatibility?

darabo

Feb 7, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Assistant for the Nexus 6P​

New guide available here: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/guide-how-to-enable-google-assistant-t3477879

Old patch for NBD90X
    WARNING! Be sure you're using STOCK NBD90X System Image before continuing.

Method 1 UPDATED (Working, no bugs)
    http://wamod.ml/xda/nexus6p/opa/build.prop
    Known bugs:
    - None

Old method
    http://wamod.ml/xda/nexus6p/opa/heavybuild.prop
    Known bugs:
    - Stock camera crashes
    - "There's an internal problem with your device" dialog on boot.

If Google Assistant is not showing up you can try wiping the Google app data too.

Good luck! And have some fun :p
    -SNIP- Could those people chime in and say if their device passes safety net helper test? And provide information on what ROM and kernel they are running and method used. That would help narrow down the possible cause of the issues that are affecting the majority of people.

ROM: WETA ROM 9.2
    Kernel: Stock
    Root: SuperSU 2.78 SR1 (Baked into ROM)
    Suhide: v0.55 (0.54 Baked in ROM, I manually flashed update)
    SafetyNet Request: Success
    Response Validation: Success
    CTS Profile Match: True
    BusyBox by @osm0sis (Baked into ROM)
    Google App version: 6.6.14.21.arm64

Below I'll post literally every step taken to get where I am;

-Navigated to WETA ROM OP
    -Downloaded bootloader & radio zip for new update & vendor IMG.
    -Installed BL/Radio & Vendor
    -Wiped /system, /data, /cache & /dalvik via TWRP
    -Flashed WETA 9.2 & booted system.
    -Downloaded SuperSU 2.78 SR1 & suhide 0.55
    -Reboot recovery, flash suhide 0.55 followed by SuperSU 2.78 SR1
    -Set up ROM. Pattern, fingerprint, Wifi, paired my Moto 360, allow unknown sources, dev options / USB debug, smart lock, OK Google voice recognition, etc.
    -Installed suhide GUI from Play Store
    -Side note: I did NOT add ANY extra apps to the GUI app. Flashing suhide will automatically hide any and all packages that currently identify root and trigger SafetyNet to fail.
    -Downloaded SafetyNet Checker app, passed.
    -Downloaded Snapchat. Was able to log in.
    -Downloaded Pokemon GO, was able to play.
    -Found this thread, lurked for a little to see how you all did first

-Added "ro.opa.eligible_device=true" to the bottom of my build.prop (no quotation marks)
    -Changed "ro.product.model=Nexus 6P" to "ro.product.model=Pixel" in my build.prop (Again, no quotes)
    -Went to Settings / Apps / Google. Selected Storage. Clear Cache. Manage Space. Erase Everything.
    -Reboot. Voila! Assistant.

Notes: I edited my build.prop while booted into Android on the very same phone. I used Solid Explorer to make the edits. I only use "Pixel" and not "Pixel XL". I already set up Google voice detection before attempting to do this. All smart unlock options function 100% correctly and I've tested them each 1 by 1. Moto 360 as a trusted device. Trusted place, my home. Trusted face works. I can UNLOCK the phone by saying OK Google, which now triggers assistant. After I got Assistant the 1st time, I switched product model back to Nexus 6P. It remained for a while, but eventually reverted to Now On Tap. I changed it back to Pixel and wiped Google settings again, rebooted and it is back. OK Google works from literally any screen. In Spotify when the music is playing, I kinda have to yell OK GOOGLE so it can hear me over the music and it does. I can tell it to pause Spotify or turn the volume down. It'll do either. It works from screen off, even if it's been over an hour and it does not have to be plugged in for that to work. What else? Oh, I scratched my nose 3 times while editing the build.prop & I was wearing my lucky underwear when I gave this a shot. I recommend you doing the same... Your lucky underwear though, not mine.

That's all the relevant information I can think of now.
    Ok so I fixed my ok Google hotword detection completely with Google assistant and pixel launcher, pixel icons etc. It just works. I'll type out my exact method which is pretty basic but I guess for those that need it, here's how I did it.

First i downloaded the full factory image of 7.1.1. Then I rebooted to recovery, wiped everything except internal storage, rebooted back to bootloader. I then flashed the entire factory image via fastboot manually (basically the Return to Stock section without wiping data in Heisenbergs post in either general or q&a). Even the recovery. Then I flashed twrp 3.0.2-3 and I booted to recovery and flashed the latest super su. Reboot the phone, set everything up, then set up ok Google and all went well. After that I edited build prop via root explorer, changing to XL and adding the second line right under that. Saved and exit. Reboot. Then I opened Google search and just waited a bit. After a few minutes I held home and Google assistant popped up. Tested OK Google and it worked. Didn't have to retrain at all. Ok this was a long post but hopefully someone finds it useful

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I'm going to play with this to see if I get both camera and assistant both working.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I'm going to play with this to see if I get both camera and assistant both working.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You only have to add ro.opa.eligible_device=true and the assistant will work. You don't have to edit anything in the build.prop other than adding the one line.