[KERNEL][OPO] FrancoKernel - r57 - 16th September - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

Search This thread

gro95qg

Feb 19, 2013
Hello
I have buy your app on the play store for my Nexus5 . If i install you app on OPO i can dowload kernel directly since your app As for nexus 5.

:good::good:

Leicxan

Dec 21, 2011
Shanghai
OnePlus 7 Pro
Have problem with headphones volume boost, i set the value to 4 , then i playback music, the sound is very strange. After enable the headphones volume boost, sometimes
speaker will keep silent. Set speaker gain to 1 or another value ,the speaker will work again.

jorricks

Mar 12, 2012
This means your speakers can not hold up to the boost.. I believe this is a safety feature to avoid damaging of the speakers.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Hello
I have buy your app on the play store for my Nexus5 . If i install you app on OPO i can dowload kernel directly since your app As for nexus 5.

:good::good:
Yes, you can. That's how I flashed it was through the app. The app detects what device it's installed on and gets the appropriate kernel to flash.

Sam_in_PGH

Jun 30, 2013
Thanks much. Just the fact that the charging bug is fixed makes me happy. This is my first time installing Franco kernel on any device so I will definitely appreciate the extra battery life.

ailai55

Jul 28, 2009
Hi all.

Download:
boot image:
http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusOne/4.4/
zip:
http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusOne/4.4/zips

Installation:
fastboot flash boot boot_name_img
or
flash the .zip in the recovery

Changelog:
http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusOne/4.4/appfiles/changelog.xml

Source:
https://github.com/franciscofranco/one_plus_one

Got any questions that you couldn't find after searching?
FAQ: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532422

Disclaimer to moderators:
Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!

Hey, Franco, Thanks for your work!
Does this kernel support swipe 2 wake function? I ask because I find the "double2wake" function is too sensitive to work properly.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
thanks franco!

can you post the "features"?

thanks

No because I could write a bunch of **** and nobody would understand. I never post "features" of my Kernels like other "developers" do just to get more downloads and placebo effects. If you want to see what I do go to my github and read the commits.

Thanks Franco!

Is it true, one hour more onscreen time?
That's amazing, i'm already having 6/7h of screen time!

Downloading ;)

Yes, I got an extra 1h of screen time.

Thanks Tuga community. Your app is in playstore is compatible with the opo?
Thanks

Yes.

Have problem with headphones volume boost, i set the value to 4 , then i playback music, the sound is very strange. After enable the headphones volume boost, sometimes
speaker will keep silent. Set speaker gain to 1 or another value ,the speaker will work again.

Well the headphones sound is already pretty high so it will get to a point of extra gain that you'll start to listen to distortion. There's nothing I can do. And speaker sound is SO high on stock that extra gain will possibly **** it and make it sound badly. Nothing I can do.

Hey, Franco, Thanks for your work!
Does this kernel support swipe 2 wake function? I ask because I find the "double2wake" function is too sensitive to work properly.

I never and will never add any option to something2wake. I hate them and they create more **** than they are worth it,

After flashing this kernel photosphere mode is no longer available in Google Camera app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera). Also, can you set display color temperateure to more cold? Can it be set via hw composer? On ColorOs display color temparature is colder and I think it's kernel configuration issue.

I don't know what you're talking about Google Camera, there's absolutely no changes in the Camera kernel driver. Color temperature is set by Supercurio, I'll let him decide what is best color-wise as he knows so much more than me in that regard. I think you're confused... HW Composer is something else, it's not something you can interact with, it's an abstraction layer between the hardware, the Kernel drivers and userspace...

Timisone

Feb 9, 2013
I flashed this and it took away my root. Not a big deal. What app should i use to change the kernel settings? I always use Faux.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I flashed this and it took away my root. Not a big deal. What app should i use to change the kernel settings? I always use Faux.

How it's taking away your root baffles me, it's using stock CM11S ramdisk. You don't need any app to change settings, but if you absolutely want one you can use my app franco.Kernel updater, but I say it again, you don't need any app to change your settings in any device/Kernel configuration.

Timisone

Feb 9, 2013
How it's taking away your root baffles me, it's using stock CM11S ramdisk. You don't need any app to change settings, but if you absolutely want one you can use my app franco.Kernel updater, but I say it again, you don't need any app to change your settings in any device/Kernel configuration.

Thank you, like I said not a big deal, just root it again and all was fine.

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
I don't know what you're talking about Google Camera, there's absolutely no changes in the Camera kernel driver. Color temperature is set by Supercurio, I'll let him decide what is best color-wise as he knows so much more than me in that regard. I think you're confused... HW Composer is something else, it's not something you can interact with, it's an abstraction layer between the hardware, the Kernel drivers and userspace...
Perhaps not camera issue, maybe it's because of CM, on stock kernel sometimes photo sphere is not available too, restart fiexes this. But after flashing yours, I resarted twice and I didn't have photosphere available. I think it's not because of camera drivers, but rather some sensor issue - google camera thinks that sensor is not available and hides this option. However I'm not sure if it's your kernel issue or not.

About color temperature. Can you make it adjustable? Gui is not neccesary, some kernel parameters will enough. Or even better, make screen color settings available for apps like Trickster MOD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod - on stock kernel it's not possible to set screen colors. Application won't even display that settings.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Perhaps not camera issue, maybe it's because of CM, on stock kernel sometimes photo sphere is not available too, restart fiexes this. But after flashing yours, I resarted twice and I didn't have photosphere available. I think it's not because of camera drivers, but rather some sensor issue - google camera thinks that sensor is not available and hides this option. However I'm not sure if it's your kernel issue or not.

About color temperature. Can you make it adjustable? Gui is not neccesary, some kernel parameters will enough. Or even better, make screen color settings available for apps like Trickster MOD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod - on stock kernel it's not possible to set screen colors.

I won't do anything color related because I'm waiting on Supercurio to expose what it's available to expose, there's no need for me to waste time on that and there's no rush.

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
I won't do anything color related because I'm waiting on Supercurio to expose what it's available to expose, there's no need for me to waste time on that and there's no rush.

Ok I understand , but you are going to notify him about this issue, right? It's some comparision between CM and Color OS:

p1-jpg.38057

Left - ColorOs, Right - CM 11s. David S. says that it can be corrected via Hue setting, of course, it's a lie. It's not possible to disable this yellowish on CM via CM hue settings.

Original thread: http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/re-yellow-screen.40239/

When should we expect Supercurio can look at this? Don't know about others, but I found this as real annoying issue.

Reactions: adlx.xda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds until r44 are for CyanogenOS 5.1.1 YOG7DASK1 only.
    Builds starting with r45 are for Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 CyanogenOS. Currently r45 is the last release compatible with COS 6.0.1.
    Builds starting with r46 are compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.2 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.
    Builds starting with r56 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
    5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled. Mimicking other SD801 devices all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed
    10 - Some famous wakelocks are blocked and disabled by default for maximum battery life through out the day
    11 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    12 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/bacon

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Here's r40. Sorry for taking a bit, I've been extremely busy, finding a hard time managing everything while maintaining some sort of mental sanity:

* Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Fix issues with recent nightlies, including missing double tap to wake
    * Improvement! Merged the rest of the memory routines optimizations from Motorola
    * Improvement! Improved the behavior of very sudden cpu load increases on my Hotplug driver
    * Improvement! Fine tuned some of Conservative's settings
    * Improvement! Decreased load_average
    * Improvement! Merged a round of fixes from upstream, including security enhancements
    Pushed r35 syncing with CM's repo and merged a patch for interactive's responsiveness. Enjoy the new Wi-Fi driver and newer TouchPanel driver! Happy new year!
    Hey guys, r39's in da house!

* r39
    * Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Merged the new full display color adjustments (including saturation, contrast and hue). They'll be available to mess with from FKUpdater starting next update. Path: /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0
    * Improvement! Added Krait memcpy and memmove optimizations from Motorola. Benchmarks on pre-after patch are on the commit on my github
    * Improvement! Merged some cpu task scheduler patches from upstream
    * Improvement! Fixed a bug that could limit max cpu frequency to 1GHz after a screen on/off cycle
    * Improvement! My cat can now cry of joy after seeing MKBHD's video about the One Plus One featuring franco.Kernel
    Nice work... why does title say N5?

Because I'm a moron and didn't fix my copy/pasta :victory: