[ROM][discovery][PIE] Resurrection Remix [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread
Thanks for the info. So a few thoughts and questions, so we can get to the bottom of the issue:

Thought - I highly discourage dirty flashing. You never know what is left over from the last ROM. It makes trouble shooting very difficult.

Question - does it work without flashing gapps or magisk, just when you flash only the ROM? (This works for me here, just a clean install with only the ROM. I don't use gapps anymore, so that may matter.)

Question - if you do flash gapps or not, does it work if you boot the phone without it for the first boot, then power down and put it in for future use? E.g., does it work on subsequent boots, after setup is complete?

Question - what firmware are you running? And what phone variant?

Thanks, these things will help. Also, a huge help is pulling logs with logcat, so I can see the errors about the sdcard.

Question for the group: is anyone else successful in using the sdcard?

Just saw this will give it another go now and will keep you posted ? I'm sure it's safe to say all the xa2 ultra users appreciate your work because this device needed development bad so with that said thank you for everything and will look forward to the other Roms mentioned?

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser
Thanks for the info. So a few thoughts and questions, so we can get to the bottom of the issue:

Thought - I highly discourage dirty flashing. You never know what is left over from the last ROM. It makes trouble shooting very difficult.

Question - does it work without flashing gapps or magisk, just when you flash only the ROM? (This works for me here, just a clean install with only the ROM. I don't use gapps anymore, so that may matter.)

Question - if you do flash gapps or not, does it work if you boot the phone without it for the first boot, then power down and put it in for future use? E.g., does it work on subsequent boots, after setup is complete?

Question - what firmware are you running? And what phone variant?

Thanks, these things will help. Also, a huge help is pulling logs with logcat, so I can see the errors about the sdcard.

Question for the group: is anyone else successful in using the sdcard?

so I cleaned flashed and formated the sd card to "Fat" format and it works with just the rom, gapps and magisk it just needed to be reformatted.

BuTzUFo

Dec 6, 2016
This Unofficial Resurrection Remix Pie ROM was built for H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please be sure to let me know in the comments how it worked.

tried it on H3213 it shows zip file corrupt tried both ways 2 flash same thing

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
This Unofficial Resurrection Remix Pie ROM was built for H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please be sure to let me know in the comments how it worked.

tried it on H3213 it shows zip file corrupt tried both ways 2 flash same thing

Good to know, thanks for taking the time to give feedback. :highfive:

What about dual front Cameras? I know that wasn't working initially on the lineage os

Both front cameras work, but only with 3rd party apps like open camera. :good:

https://del.dog/afevorugig
Crash log url I fetched. Is anyone else having their camera crash when you press the camera button on the Xperia?

I'll check this out.... I never used the camera button to be honest. I usually forget it is there! :silly:

Reactions: Yodasgodfather

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
https://del.dog/afevorugig
Crash log url I fetched. Is anyone else having their camera crash when you press the camera button on the Xperia?

Camera button works fine for me :)

I tried the camera button numerous times since reading your post, and it works great for me every time. I'm not sure why yours fails. I was wondering, originally, you said that you "dirty flashed" the rom, and I suggested you wipe clean and flash it. Have you done that? :confused:

I tried the camera button numerous times since reading your post, and it works great for me every time. I'm not sure why yours fails. I was wondering, originally, you said that you "dirty flashed" the rom, and I suggested you wipe clean and flash it. Have you done that? :confused:
I did I launch the camera app and agreed with the permissions now on lineage their was a setting under the "buttons" section in setting and you had to turn the feature on is their that same thing in this Ron I'm just missing it?

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
I did I launch the camera app and agreed with the permissions now on lineage their was a setting under the "buttons" section in setting and you had to turn the feature on is their that same thing in this Ron I'm just missing it?

Great question. I'm not sure, but I don't think so. For me, if using the camera, you can click the camera button to take the picture. I think there is one option to double tap the power button to launch the camera. I do think there are some 3rd party apps that let you map the buttons to any action, that might work. I'm testing AOKP right now, or I'd take a look.... :cowboy:

straight to voicemail

had complaints from friends trying to call me and it will go straight to voicemail. I confirmed this by having my brother call me and sure enough, I got no phone call. This only happens on occasion is anyone else noticing this issue? I did do a clean flash and followed the step for installation.

appleknight

had complaints from friends trying to call me and it will go straight to voicemail. I confirmed this by having my brother call me and sure enough, I got no phone call. This only happens on occasion is anyone else noticing this issue? I did do a clean flash and followed the step for installation.
No issues receiving calls so far

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

I know ya busy working on aokp, but any chance when you're done with that you'll have time to merge the latest lineage build with RR? Been seeing a lot of activity on the changelog

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks

Phone calls were working great before I started my aokp work. What firmware version do you have? Perhaps that may be related.

No issues receiving calls so far

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

I know ya busy working on aokp, but any chance when you're done with that you'll have time to merge the latest lineage build with RR? Been seeing a lot of activity on the changelog

I'll take a look when I'm done with aokp. :good:

Reactions: appleknight

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
To God be the glory! AOKP finally booted all the way! I had to fight with some errors during the build that really threw me for a loop, but here are some teaser screenshots! New thread for AOKP coming soon! :cool:

Attachments

• aokp1.jpg
    aokp1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 50
  • aokp2.jpg
    aokp2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 51
  • aokp3.png
    aokp3.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 50
  • aokp4.png
    aokp4.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: appleknight

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cobauyhbmzsgjb7/RR-P-v7.0.2-20190816-discovery-AKLU-ENG.zip/file
I have this one I also followed luk's steps to flash both boot slots a and b with android oreo firmware then flash lineage or in this case Ressurection remix?

That should work, although I don't recommend the "ENG" build, I have a non-eng build in that same folder that I recommend for regular use.

Also for the group: AOKP thread is now open! :good:

appleknight

Just thought about this so I'll throw it out there incase it's useful? Ok so I followed Luk's instructions in flashing lineage, using slot a and b blah blah. But I only had to flash this to slot a. Also, a few weeks ago when they released that broken update that cause boot loops, I reflashed an older nightly using only slot a with no adverse effects.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, good news! Praise God! I was able to build Android 9.0 based off the Xperia opensource project with the 50.2 firmware. I flashed it to my 50.2 phone and it works - mostly. It also includes the 4.9 kernel as well (50.1 is still using 4.4 kernel), so that's great! Attached are a few teaser shots.

Everything worked: camera, bluetooth, gps, wifi, cellular, display, sound, fingerprint, etc. the only problem is it seems a bit buggy....
    A few buggy examples are: When using the camera, I switched to selfie mode, then back to the back camera, and it shows up green tinted, you have to reboot to fix it. MTP transfers or PTP file transfers seemed to glitch every now and then, causing problems when moving files back and forth between the computer. And a few other items like that.
    So it is not a daily driver yet for sure, but it is good progress! :highfive:
    I checked the RR repository today, they still have not committed all of the security update changes for October. As soon as they do that, I will make a new (50.1 based firmware) build.

I am currently working on Android 10. It is booting and many things are working, but the 4.14 kernel is not very stable yet. I am also working on the best way forward to support those with 50.2 based firmware. I would like to find a path forward where everyone can legitimately upgrade to 50.2 firmware and have a good solid working custom rom. Thank you for your patience.
    photo.jpg

To God be the glory, I finally finished a XA2 Ultra build of Resurrection Remix! It's Resurrection Remix, Pie flavored!

WARNING: This is for phones that are now using the 50.2 firmware base! There is still an old build for the 50.1 firmware base, but I recommend you upgrade to 50.2 firmware.

"We work to make your android experience elegant. Handpicked features beautifully packed into one ROM."

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

A huge thanks to the Resurrection Remix team!​

Another huge thanks goes out to @LuK1337 for all of the great development that he does on the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra! He did most of the heavy lifting by making a great LineageOS build, upon which this RR is based. Please note, this is an UNOFFICIAL ROM.

Disclaimer: Resurrection Remix is not responsible for any damages to your device.
    All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make Resurrection Remix, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

Downloads:
    Rom Download link:
    WARNING: This is only for those on firmware versions 50.2.xxxxxx, not for those who are on firmware versions 50.1.xxxx. I recommend everyone update to 50.2 firmware!
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/el24nm0l3m38y/50.2_based

WARNING: This is only for those on firmware versions 50.1.xxxxxx, not for those who are on firmware versions 50.2.xxxx and up. This old version is not updated, but works fine.
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/15nb0swbcqcxi/50.1_based

If there is an ENG and USERDEBUG build, the ENG build is marked "ENG" for testing purposes only. You can install anything you want, but I recommend not installing the ENG build.

Gapps link:
    http://opengapps.org/
    If desired. Personally, I've gone Gapp-less.

Installation instructions:
    -Download ROM and gapps, and put them on your removable sdcard storage. (Or leave on your computer and flash with adb sideload.)
    -Reboot into the bootloader.
    -Fastboot boot your TWRP.
    -Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
    -Wipe everything and format data.
    -Install Rom. (Either from adb sideload or from your removable sdcard storage.)
    !!!IF YOU GET AN ERROR, MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE LATEST TWRP!!!
    -Reboot to system and enjoy!
    If you also want Gapps:
    -Reboot again into the bootloader.
    -Fastboot boot your TWRP.
    -Install Gapps. - Optional
    If you plan to install magisk (good idea), then let the rom boot the first time, then go back to TWRP and flash magisk. This is optional, of course.

What works:
    Code:
    So far everything that I have tried works, such as
    - Camera for pictures and video!
    - Phone calls
    - Data 3g/LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - WiFi
    - MTP
    - FM Radio
    etc....
    What doesn't:
    Code:
    - Nothing else that I know of, but if you find something, please let me know so we can try to fix it!

Source Code:
    https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix
    Official website:
    http://www.resurrectionremix.com/
    My device trees, vendor blobs, and kernel source:
    https://gitlab.com/alaskalinuxuser/android_device_sony_discovery

ROM OS Version: 9.0 Pie
    RR version: 7.0.2
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.153
    Based On: The best of every ROM, but particularly based on LineageOS.

Created 2019-08-16
    Last Updated 2019-11-04
    Sweet! Camera crashes with stock app or just any camera app? Personally I've grown accustomed to open camera myself. Cheers for the hard work mate!

Camera is fixed, uploading now....
    Just checked again this morning, RR has still not updated their pie source code with the security patches. I believe that all of their "phocus" is on Android 10. I'll check next week and we will see about using Luk1337's 50.2 firmware for the build as well.