Old Swype from 4.1.2

Search This thread
I just upgraded to kitkat. As you know the Swype keyboard is gone. I bought the one on Google play. It's awful. No arrows from navigation and no google voice microphone integration. uses Nuances Dragon Dictate.

I was wondering if we could sideload the old JB version and have it work?

I have an unlocked bootloader and am rooted.

Anyone have the .apk?

Thanks!!

Rich "Blackice"

Last edited:

lem22

Nov 25, 2013

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
No it doesn't work I've installed the apk that I posted in that quoted thread and have since removed it yet its still there... I have also restored a back up from TiB and it doesn't work... Closest I've found that I like is the keyboard from my wife's ultra but she won't let me get my hands on it to try and pull it off there to see if it works... Been using xposed with the vol up n down for the cursor...when she goes to sleep I may try and get it off her phone
Just checked... And yea that's missing from the lib folder.... You think if I pull it from a jb phone it would work... I'd gladly swap logic boards and pull it from jb(I can't rsd but have several logic boards)

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
Just tried installing the .APK then placing the lib ( .so file) in the .system/lib.

May have been mismatched. Still didn't work.

Really preferred the old one from 4.1.2

Any ideas?

Rich

Any way you could send me that file so I don't have to swap screens to grab it... I pulled the keyboard from the ultra turns out its just google keyboard that available on the play store...

Sure..attached (I hope!)

Rich

Any way you could send me that file so I don't have to swap screens to grab it... I pulled the keyboard from the ultra turns out its just google keyboard that available on the play store...

Attachments

• libSwypeCore.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: ezknives

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
After trying a bunch of stuff I still get this error

06-27 15:10:36.793 11848 11848 W dalvikvm: Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Lcom/swype/android/jni/SwypeCore;

06-27 15:10:36.794 11848 11848 W dalvikvm: threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x41625d40)

06-27 15:10:36.803 11848 11848 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main

Tonight I'll tinker with it a bit more...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sure..attached (I hope!)

Rich