Flappy Birds Family

Search This thread

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Wait?,There is a Flappy Bird for Fire TV?!?

Is gameplay in landscape?

The app itself has to be in landscape orientation on Fire TV,otherwise it could be simulating portrait by not using the entire screen-width,which would be as torturous as the original Flappy Bird when played on a tablet that could use landscape.

Although,portrait mode sometimes works on Fire TV for some reason.

Tip:XDA Forums supports attachments,and also supports the apk format directly.

Your limit is 20.00MB for an apk.
If it is larger than 20.00MB,try compressing it into a zip.
Zip files are also limited to a whopping 20.00MB of space.
If you have access to a Windows PC like Win7,you can take advantage of
its "Send To> Compressed (zipped) folder" a most powerful compression tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: hannoshi

TickleMeHomo69

Dec 2, 2012
Wait?,There is a Flappy Bird for Fire TV?!?

Is gameplay in landscape?

The app itself has to be in landscape orientation on Fire TV,otherwise it could be simulating portrait by not using the entire screen-width,which would be as torturous as the original Flappy Bird when played on a tablet that could use landscape.

Although,portrait mode sometimes works on Fire TV for some reason.

Tip:XDA Forums supports attachments,and also supports the apk format directly.

Your limit is 20.00MB for an apk.
If it is larger than 20.00MB,try compressing it into a zip.
Zip files are also limited to a whopping 20.00MB of space.
If you have access to a Windows PC like Win7,you can take advantage of
its "Send To> Compressed (zipped) folder" a most powerful compression tool.

Yes there is. Its was specifically built for fire tv by the original creator. Not even fire tabs or phone can download it.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Got the apk file.

View attachment com.dotgears.flapfire-1.apk

Edit:Alright,can someone mod this so I don't need gamecircle or the Amazon Appstore
so I can actually testrun it?

My Fire TV's current condition with Flappy is improperly trying to open an action list instead of doing the normally assigned action. (whatever that is)
It keeps spamming me with the gamecircle after I touch the "no thanks" option.

I only caught a glimpse of the in-game portion where you select a bird.

Last edited:

Tangopro

Jul 17, 2011
NY
Fire Phone good to Go!

The apk works perfectly on the Amazon Fire Phone! Wonder why they would exclude it from their own newly launched device? As for other android devices? Yea I get it, they paid Nguyen (developer) a sick amount of loot for exclusivity! Probably 6 figures?

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Got the apk file.

View attachment 2884659

Edit:Alright,can someone mod this so I don't need gamecircle or the Amazon Appstore

My Fire TV's current condition with Flappy is improperly trying to open an action list instead of doing the normally assigned action. (whatever that is)

just installed the Amazon App store and the app store works but when i hit the flappy bird's family app it says i don't own it then i hit install and it says it's not compatible :/

spiedo

Mar 12, 2011
just installed the Amazon App store and the app store works but when i hit the flappy bird's family app it says i don't own it then i hit install and it says it's not compatible :/

Same thing happened with me. I had Amazon App store installed. Once the app finished installing and opened, I was immediately greeted with a screen that I do not own the app.

I tried messing around with some of the files contained in the APK, but no luck yet. Experienced modders, where you at?!?

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Same thing happened with me. I had Amazon App store installed. Once the app finished installing and opened, I was immediately greeted with a screen that I do not own the app.

I tried messing around with some of the files contained in the APK, but no luck yet. Experienced modders, where you at?!?

this is what i get when i press view instead of install in Root Browser File Manager maybe if you take out the amazon parts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-05-11-02-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-05-11-02-38.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 394
  • Screenshot_2014-08-05-11-02-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-05-11-02-44.png
    189 KB · Views: 362

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
Works on my HTC one M8 expect when I click it it says to sign in to Amazon. I click sign in, sign up, or not now and nothing happens. Wont let me play the game.

Sent from my AFTB using XDA Free mobile app

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Works on my HTC one M8 expect when I click it it says to sign in to Amazon. I click sign in, sign up, or not now and nothing happens. Wont let me play the game.

the app it self will install and "work" on mostly any device just it wont let you play the game till it verifies some bs with the Amazon App store and also check your default mobile internet browser it might have opened some amazon pages

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Report the annoying gamecircle/amazon issue to the developer as a legitimate Fire TV owner.

In a normal circumstance,you would only have the Amazon controller and the remote,meaning you can't
complete the spammed gamecircle bs.
Or maybe I botched something in post-root,and I even have the bueller IME enabled now,but not set as the
default because of the original issue. (null keyboard is my default IME)

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
Download lucky patcher apk on Google not play store. It's mainly for cracking apps but I don't condone warez. BUT it does allow for removing parts of an app. I removed some stuff and got the Amazon game circle removed but then force closed. Maybe you guys can try with it.

Also since its for fire tv, how do we know it will have touch support?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ainz_Ooal_Gown

spiedo

Mar 12, 2011
I believe it has to do with the "com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization" lines in the manifest.xml, but I'm having trouble parsing my signed APK. Will work on it later tonight. Let me know if anyone makes any progress.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
I did not say anything before,but I can confirm pressing basically any button on my Logitech K400r Keyboard made the bird flap.
(at least when not frozen in place from the EFFIN gamecircle crap)

I really want this fixed since I feel that it is much easier than the torturous portrait-oriented version,and would be tons more fun.
I've seen a video of somebody already setting major records like 300+ points.

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
I am making my own clone of Flappy Birds family with basic split screen multiplayer (using modded sprites to avoid copyright of course). Should be done in a day or 2 but I may make it $.99 since it took a bit to make.

spiedo

Mar 12, 2011
I give up. I tried several modifications to the XML manifest and various different compiling/signing tools but the furthest I've gotten is the opening screen on my Nexus 7.

On my Galaxy S5, the FBF APKs (even the original) will no longer even install. Android is mad at me.

It appears that this website has someone working on it: thedroid.net/flappy-birds-family-android-apk/

Not sure if I'm allowed to post that. I apologize if that's against the rules.

:(

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

I give up. I tried several modifications to the XML manifest and various different compiling/signing tools but the furthest I've gotten is the opening screen on my Nexus 7.

On my Galaxy S5, the FBF APKs (even the original) will no longer even install. Android is mad at me.

It appears that this website has someone working on it: thedroid.net/flappy-birds-family-android-apk/

Not sure if I'm allowed to post that. I apologize if that's against the rules.

:(

lol that was my post since the guy said that he was gonna post the apk once it was available and didn't so i posted on there to this thread that already had it and since we are looking into it i said that but if it was against the rules I'll take down that post

spiedo

Mar 12, 2011
Download lucky patcher apk on Google not play store. It's mainly for cracking apps but I don't condone warez. BUT it does allow for removing parts of an app. I removed some stuff and got the Amazon game circle removed but then force closed. Maybe you guys can try with it.

Also since its for fire tv, how do we know it will have touch support?

Good point on the touch support, but I thought someone said it was working on the fire phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i made it work on my s3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check to see if it works for you i modified it to work :)

EDIT: COULD NOT FIND AN EASY SOLUTION FOR 7" TABLETS TRY ON 10" ANDROID TABLETS AND SEE IF IT WORKS THERE BUT SEEMS TO WORK ON MOST IF NOT ALL 4"-5.5" ANDROID SMARTPHONES AND THE AMAZON FIRE TV AND FIRE PHONE

IF IT WORKS FOR YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON :)
    Would anyone be kind enough to download and extract the Flappy birds family apk and upload here. Its only available on fire tv, which I don't have.
    And not only does it work perfectly, but touch is only needed for menu navigation.

I was wrong, fortunately! Touch isn't even needed for menu navigation. Flawless victory and a real gem for the NSP.
    Got the apk file.

View attachment com.dotgears.flapfire-1.apk

Confirmed working on Android TV ADT-1 with Wireless BT Controller running Android L Preview.

I modded it to include intent for leanback launcher so it shows on the ADT-1 homescreen :)