o2 Exec ROM Now Available...

Search This thread

timetex

Oct 3, 2005
Is this a new ROM or O2 providing it as a download to fix peoples devices when they corrupt them?

simba

Jul 20, 2004
Upload to XDA FTP server

Can an O2 user upload this rom to the xda-developers server please?

The only thing that really is different from the Jasjar rom is the O2 Active UI, and we all know that is very unstable.

Most Exec users end up using basic or corporate install, which is comparable to pressing the reset button after a hard reset and thus bypassing the extended rom setup.

I did no different then anyone else in that matter. I selected basic install. The Jasjar OS also is a tad newer, so unless you are a sucker for the O2 layout and style, I'd say stick with the Jasjar.

(I'm a sucker for the O2 styling so I will probably end up combining the Jasjar OS and the O2 ExtRom ;-))

Just be aware: The Jasjar Extended rom will set your boot logo to the I-Mate one, the O2 Extended rom will NOT set it to the O2 one! It does not contain splash.nb files!

mikeycollins13

Aug 14, 2003
London
How to Update radio only to 1.04?

I have already once download rom radio upgrade to the 1..031 rom , is there a similar radio only package?

Re: How to Update radio only to 1.04?

mikeycollins13 said:
I have already once download rom radio upgrade to the 1..031 rom , is there a similar radio only package?

Just rename it to zip, extract it, delete ms_.nbf and nk.nbf (the only NBF file you need to leave is radio.nbf), use the MAUpgrade_NoID.exe file and flash your radio. You will not even lose your settings or installed programs :)

a18041967

Jul 27, 2004
Ok, here's my findings so far, I took delivery of my XDA Exec and all was OK, foolishly I decided to upgrade to the Imate ROM.

After the upgrade I experienced continual problems connecting to my WiFi, and was unable to get the Wireless modem to work.

Today I reverted back to the o2 ROM, both the WiFi & Modem issues have been resolved.

simba

Jul 20, 2004
a18041967 said:
Ok, here's my findings so far, I took delivery of my XDA Exec and all was OK, foolishly I decided to upgrade to the Imate ROM.

After the upgrade I experienced continual problems connecting to my WiFi, and was unable to get the Wireless modem to work.

Today I reverted back to the o2 ROM, both the WiFi & Modem issues have been resolved.

I am using the imate Rom with my MDA Pro. No problem at all connecting to WIFI.

Churchill

Mar 22, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Wiz said:
The only thing that really is different from the Jasjar rom is the O2 Active UI, and we all know that is very unstable.

Most Exec users end up using basic or corporate install, which is comparable to pressing the reset button after a hard reset and thus bypassing the extended rom setup.

I did no different then anyone else in that matter. I selected basic install. The Jasjar OS also is a tad newer, so unless you are a sucker for the O2 layout and style, I'd say stick with the Jasjar.

(I'm a sucker for the O2 styling so I will probably end up combining the Jasjar OS and the O2 ExtRom ;-))

Just be aware: The Jasjar Extended rom will set your boot logo to the I-Mate one, the O2 Extended rom will NOT set it to the O2 one! It does not contain splash.nb files!

Wiz,

I have the MDA PRO with JasJar ROM I have just upgraded to the Radio Version 1.04.02. Everything is fine. Now I have a QUestion:
If I hard reset my device and bypass the Extended ROM install does it mean tha my Boot screen will not become the one from imate ??. I thought the splash.nb files are in the ROM and not in the Extended ROM. I have tryed to find the Boot Screen image in the cab files of the JasJar Extende ROM and I can not find anything?

Any Ideas

Top Liked Posts