***DISCONTINUED***[Recovery] CWM 6.0.2.8 [JB Compatible]

Do you like my work ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
can we have format data in cwm recovery ?
problem is : my friend phone's 16 GB internal become 4 gig . i had same problem with nexus and format data through TWRP recovery solved problem . now with twrp is not available fpr galaxt s advance . anyone can suggest something ?

prologikus

Jan 22, 2012
Bolintin Vale
DOESN'T WORK !!! i tried every recovery from everywhere and no one work.... i tried with adb and didn't work too .... black screen after apply update..

pnuda

Jun 13, 2013
Anyone knows why it doesnt work anymore? I may have made a mistake but I was proceedig according to a guide and I know that it worked on my former S Advance about 2 yrs ago...now I only get black screen after flashing the temp CWM.

Thx for any ideas.

Sourabh Ahuja

Mar 24, 2015
When I flashed it.. I got an error
E: SIGNATURE VERIFICATION FAILED
Help me..
my device - Samsung galaxy star duos gt-5282

Jan 20, 2016
I did everything correct as mentioned still I dont get this recovery, I flash it from the stock recovery then phone automatically shuts off I press the three recovery buttons but I still get the stock recovery , what to do ?

DaksAnkit

Mar 23, 2015
City with Horns
When I flashed it.. I got an error
E: SIGNATURE VERIFICATION FAILED
Help me..
my device - Samsung galaxy star duos gt-5282
THIS IS ONLY FOR galaxy s advnace I9070 dude you are in the wrong forum !!!

I did everything correct as mentioned still I dont get this recovery, I flash it from the stock recovery then phone automatically shuts off I press the three recovery buttons but I still get the stock recovery , what to do ?

After flashing phone reboots into the recovery itself wait for it to reboot and unfortunately its a temp. recovery as mentioned by the developer, so you will be back to stock recovery after reboot it is useful to once root and install custom ROM`s.
:good:
for permanent recovery u need to flash a custom recovery which is compatible to your current ROM . :cool:
HOPE IT HELPS

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2016
THIS IS ONLY FOR galaxy s advnace I9070 dude you are in the wrong forum !!!

After flashing phone reboots into the recovery itself wait for it to reboot and unfortunately its a temp. recovery as mentioned by the developer, so you will be back to stock recovery after reboot it is useful to once root and install custom ROM`s.
:good:
for permanent recovery u need to flash a custom recovery which is compatible to your current ROM . :cool:
HOPE IT HELPS
yes I even tried that flashed and waited for like about half n hour still nothing happened and then pressed the buttons and again gotthe stock recovery . By any chance do you know any permanent recovery for this phone , if you can just share the link :)

DaksAnkit

Mar 23, 2015
City with Horns
yes I even tried that flashed and waited for like about half n hour still nothing happened and then pressed the buttons and again gotthe stock recovery . By any chance do you know any permanent recovery for this phone , if you can just share the link :)
Check the permissions in developer options ON
1 : allow android debug mode,
2: allow mock locations .
3:Download temporary cwm and copy it to sd card
4: REBOOT RECOVERY.by holding volume up +power button
5:select update zip from sd card and select the zip file you copied in sd card ,
(see that you have CWM 2.0.2.8v because the updated one i.e CWM 2.0.4.8v did not worked for me .

if you want permanent recovery you must install cocore kernel. HERE IS THE LINK its FOR ANDROID GINGERBREAD ONLY
also you can read THIS THREAD FOR KERNEL INFO FOR ANDROID JELLY BEAN.

Reactions: siddharthsachdeva

ghnogueira

Jul 8, 2011
Check the permissions in developer options ON
1 : allow android debug mode,
2: allow mock locations .
3:Download temporary cwm and copy it to sd card
4: REBOOT RECOVERY.by holding volume up +power button
5:select update zip from sd card and select the zip file you copied in sd card ,
(see that you have CWM 2.0.2.8v because the updated one i.e CWM 2.0.4.8v did not worked for me .

if you want permanent recovery you must install cocore kernel. HERE IS THE LINK its FOR ANDROID GINGERBREAD ONLY
also you can read THIS THREAD FOR KERNEL INFO FOR ANDROID JELLY BEAN.
I am having the same problem as siddharthsachdeva. I tried these steps you mentioned of enabling dev options etc, but didn't work. Phone doesn't reboot into CWM... :(

Armando84

May 29, 2016

ghnogueira

Jul 8, 2011
You can try a different way: install this http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s-advance/general/rom-modded-cyanogenmod-11-t3387424 It have an easy step by step guide and the rom include an updated CWM for install any other rom for S Advance. ;)
I have installed Resurrection Remix and a new kernel and got this, but thanks for your suggestion. As I'm having trouble with installing Gapps I might try this. Is it better than RR? Why not CM 12 or 13? Thanks!!!

Armando84

May 29, 2016
I've suggested you the Modded CyanogenMod 11 because it's the easiest to install, to give a simple solution, but you have already solved your problems and got to install Ressurection Remix, well done!

Modded Cyanogenmod 11 is lighter than Resurrection Remix (because KitKat is lighter than Lollipop and Marshmallow), so yeah, I think it's a little better.

Last edited:

DaksAnkit

Mar 23, 2015
City with Horns
I am having the same problem as siddharthsachdeva. I tried these steps you mentioned of enabling dev options etc, but didn't work. Phone doesn't reboot into CWM... :(
This is only temporary recovery for s advance so it vanishes after a reboot , you just have to flash it and use it then if you reboot you will have to flash it again for the second time use.

ghnogueira

Jul 8, 2011
This is only temporary recovery for s advance so it vanishes after a reboot , you just have to flash it and use it then if you reboot you will have to flash it again for the second time use.
I don't think I made myself clear enough, then. The phone doesn't boot on CWM. Nothing happens after I flash the .zip file. The screen remains black. Therefore, when I force a reboot, I get stock recovery...

MR.Ro

I have downloaded and flash it via stock recovery. It says
Stock recovery replacing with cwm recovery then it's gone totally black screen! !!........

(I have flash this update. Zip about 5months ago. Then previous week I have flash the stock JB rom.! Then the problem began. )
Plz help.!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***Mod Announcement: This project has been abandoned and links are no longer available. Please do not ask for updates or new links.***

Hello guys. Its me again with a new project.

I present to you CWM 6.0.2.8. Currently it's a temporary recovery, but i will release a full build once i complete it.

device-2012-11-12-141333.png

Download here :
    Temporary (tested) - ***Mod Edit: Dead link removed***

Installation :
    1. Download the zip.
    2. Put it in the sdcard.
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Flash update.zip from the recovery.

Thanks for the guy who pointed that it can be done : frapeti

Please test and let me know the bugs, if you find any.

Please consider donating. It helps me to continue my work.
    shaaan!! u r awesome bro!! when can we expect you to release the permanent build of cwm?
    Next week max.

Thanks btw.
    ;)
    Here you go ;)
    Re: [Recovery] CWM 6.0.1.5 [JB Compatible]

his next release may have CWM and/or Overclock! :) Just have to w8!

Overclock will need some more testing!
    CWM i am testing now..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium
    but he was the first one to post it to the public after all..he will feel bad otherwise! i know shaaan startd first this thread is there since ages

Credit already given..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium