Android v3.2 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1v confirmed by Vodafone

Search This thread

m3tallikris

Jan 30, 2010
Liège
You need to unroot your device. Install rom from here. Then you probably can install the update.

I tried yesterday with Voodoo Root Keeper to unroot, it was ok but it was the same error but I don't install another rom like you said, I tried, I failed, not so bad, with my luck, I'll brick it ! =p

Try with recovery version 5.5.0.4.

It's true that mine is v.4 but like I said, I prefer to wait but thank you both to help me !

jackgar

Mar 7, 2012
The 10.1v is MUCH BETTER than the ipad 2. Just either Google, Samsung or Vodafone, whichever is responsible for releasing the updates, are much worse than Apple. I had an ipad 1 and sold to buy the 10.1v and I don't regret it, regardless the lack of support and accessories. I currently run the latest ICS rom (after your post I don't intend to try 3.2.1) and I am very satisfied. There are some minor issues that have to be addressed, but overall is a pretty fast and stable ROM and definitely the User Interface is much friendlier than the iOS' one.

It's much better over the paper... but not actually in reliability. BTW I rather android far from IOS, even an iPad with jailbreak has lots of less things to do, and the freedom of movements in android is a MUST HAVE. I'm getting rid of it to buy another tablet with android, but true ICS, may be like TRANSFORMER PRIME...because ASUS is much more concerned about the updates than these people...
PS: my wife long ago got and iPad2 for free (bank thing) and bought an iPad3 the very moment it came out, but I don't share her opinion about apple's devices.

peekewee

Sep 18, 2007
Hi

I received today my update to 3.2.1 on my Galaxy Tab 10.1v
Seems the roll-out in Belgium is started...
It came OTA. Quick and without problems!!

Dryfit.linux

Dec 21, 2011
Recieved the update in he netherlands. Feels abit smoother then 3.0 but not as good as the roms.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA

madjose

Apr 7, 2012
To much information

just because one guy post a backup and other post the full rom it will be a black friday whit so many bricks!
On the other way now they can start looking for who nows, a Transformer prime....
one more update for us ,and we will be extinct...eh eh
Vodafone think about it..!!!

Reactions: makbil

keatom

Nov 12, 2007
Madrid
This afternoon I received the update in Spain.

but there have been problems

I followed the steps, first download the update via wifi to 139mb, the tab called reset.

after restart, I get a android and a box on screen with a progress bar.

Half of the progress bar appeared an exclamation with an android.

Wait 30 minutes, without any result.

Force shutdown of the tablet (holding down the power button)

Turn again, and shows me the screen "clock my world" (with hat) and the menu for reboot, select zip, wipe etc. ..

I selected reboot, and the tab is turned ON right again.

and now in settings, "about tablet," Android version, 3.0.1 appears ¿? ¿? ¿??

And in the update of the system, it appears that the system is already update! ¿? ¿? ¿?

my version of baseband is:

P7100BUKE2

kernel:

se.infra @ sei-07 # 1

Number of compilation

HRI83.BUKE2

somebody can i help me for update my tab to HC 3.2?

Thanks!!

makbil

Sep 4, 2008
Bodrum
just because one guy post a backup and other post the full rom it will be a black friday whit so many bricks!
one more update for us ,and we will be extinct...eh eh

Both points are completely true.
The fact that there are 2 separate files with 2 completely different and incompatible ways to flash really makes bricking the tab a high possibility.

After having spent close to 2 days on the update 3.2.1 ROM, I have decided to go back to isi's ICS ROM. The only up side of the update was that the cameras work but compared to the down sides, such as no USB hosting - thus can't use USB flash disks - the update is not worth the effort.

Anyone who wants to get rid of the update and get back to a custom ROM, make sure that you boot to bootloader directly and use fastboot to flash cwm recovery. If for some reason you find yourself facing a green Android with an exclamation mark, you have not bricked your device yet. If you wait long enough, the tab should boot back to the ROM installed.
I don't think I'll be flashing any official ROM again, unless it's 4.x.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts