[TUT] How to change the Internet Globe Icon

Search This thread

David Balfour

Jun 11, 2008
Barnsley
Hi all,

I have had a couple of questions on how to change the globe on the internet tab from the globe to a pic of your choosing.

I have attached the files you need. All you need to do is Create 2 png pictures that are 512x256 and name them the same as in the files.
Once you have done this copy them onto your device,turn off touchflo and drop them along with the mainla file into your windows directory using total commander (or similar) and restart touchflo and hey presto your very own internet icon.

Have fun

Attachments

• display_3.jpg
    display_3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 4,016
  • Globe.zip
    369.9 KB · Views: 1,095
Last edited:
M

mcowly

works great!!
I made a nice Opera logo, maybe someone likes to use it.
Can't find a good screen capture program, just try it.
You have to copy all three files to the windows directory using total commander or other.

EDIT: found screen capture program, so now included

Attachments

• Operalogo.zip
    79.8 KB · Views: 540
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,159
Last edited:

David Balfour

Jun 11, 2008
Barnsley
very nice

Hope to see a few more of these on here. People have been looking but no one has replied.

People I WANT TO SEE YOUR ICONS :D

Rainbow86

Jan 25, 2009
Beijing
Hi all,

I have had a couple of questions on how to change the globe on the internet tab from the globe to a pic of your choosing.

I have attached the files you need. All you need to do is Create 2 png pictures that are 512x256 and name them the same as in the files.
Once you have done this copy them onto your device,turn off touchflo and drop them along with the mainla file into your windows directory using total commander (or similar) and restart touchflo and hey presto your very own internet icon.

Have fun

Hi... I like your internet glob. Can you make it into a cab file? I am very bad at this so far so would be great.

Thanks in advance

Splink

Oct 6, 2008
Hi , sorry to trouble you but could you or anyone please upload the stock 'Internet tab Globe' icon for me ? My operator decided to use its own logo for the Launch Browser icon and it looks quite terrible

Thanks in advance

t0k0m0k0

Oct 18, 2007
Hi all,

Have fun
Very beautiful globe! no need to quit/restart touchflo by the way... just unzip in /windows and it works!

K_Hismoom

Apr 7, 2008
Aachen
I finally solved it, thanks to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2861249 :D
I have to edit a file in \Application Data\Manila which holds the information about banner and operator links.
Thanks anyway for the information in this thread :)

BTW: You can add a property Text to the Banner node to display a heading under the banner icon

Last edited:

zexl5

Jan 14, 2009
Many thanks to David. I've customised my Internet globe.:)

I 'emptied' the Youtube text as well as picture reference fields in your attached XML. So nothing shows. :D Hmm, now I am wondering how I can incorporate another program icon to be exact ...

Guus_

Nov 10, 2008
remove the globe

Thanks for the tutorial, but to me the globe is useless, i would like to start at the tab with only my favorites and no globe at all; so is it possible to fully remove the globe?

David Balfour

Jun 11, 2008
Barnsley
I dont know. It might be possible but due to way TF3D uses the Mainla files you would have to modify it in such a way that it doesn't know there should be anything there and that it going waaay above my head.

It's not as simple as deleting the file you might actually have to change the more progamming but i'm sure someone could help

K_Hismoom

Apr 7, 2008
Aachen
Thanks for the tutorial, but to me the globe is useless, i would like to start at the tab with only my favorites and no globe at all; so is it possible to fully remove the globe?

You just need to delete the "Banner" node (i.e. everything between and including "<Banner [...] />", without the quotes.).

Regards
K_Hismoom

Last edited:

zexl5

Jan 14, 2009
Just played around and found I could remove youtube icon. All I did was to delete the everything within <OperatorLinks>. :)

diamondsnake168

Feb 10, 2009
Dear friend, after i have copied the 2 png pictures to the manila file, turn off and restart the TFL3D, the globe ico remain unchange. Would you give me more detail on how to fix it. By the way, there are two files named InternetPortal and InternetPortal-zh-CN, anything i need to do about that? thanks.

gadgetuk437

Dec 29, 2006
Devon/Cornwall border, UK
You just need to delete the "Banner" node (i.e. everything between and including "<Banner [...] />", without the quotes.).

Would help if I could find the folder \Application Data\Manila\ , let alone the file InternetPortal-en-gb.xml. It is most vexing!

BTW
I am using Total Commander on an OrangeUK 1.14 ROM Touch HD

EDIT
====
Nevermind, I did a bit more forum searching and found the right file to edit.
It is 27c65cbd_manila in \windows\ (for me anyway)

Last edited:

David Balfour

Jun 11, 2008
Barnsley
Dear friend, after i have copied the 2 png pictures to the manila file, turn off and restart the TFL3D, the globe ico remain unchange. Would you give me more detail on how to fix it. By the way, there are two files named InternetPortal and InternetPortal-zh-CN, anything i need to do about that? thanks.

Have you tried the Cab file I have attached as well. Let me know if this works?

Which Globe Icons are you wanting? The blue globe or My Metal Firefox

Bparan

Feb 18, 2009
how do u make the surounding of the picture invisble becouse if its black i have a bleu background how to make it gone.. ?? sorry bad english :)