[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Preview & Nightly Builds for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

CMTeamEpic

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2012
CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is the support thread for CM10 on the Samsung Epic 4G. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

WARNING: If you are not already on an official CM10 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock.

Recommended steps before you install:
1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.

Additional Disclaimer:
Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial cm10 build, or a modified/patched Official cm10 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

Nightly Install Instructions (starting from 20120904):
1. Download from get.cm. Pay attention to the filenames. Don't grab a CM9 build by mistake!
2. Reboot into recovery and install.

Nightly Changelog: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#epicmtd/cm10/next

Preview Install instructions:
1. Download cm-10-20120901-PREVIEW-epicmtd.zip [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2] md5: 73fd0294a9cd9e18938a3347cc01f09e

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

Known Bugs:
- Fixed in nightly 0911 DO NOT adjust the Maximum CPU frequency. (Preview build only)
- Fixed in nightly 0911 Headset mic is not working.
- Wired headset buttons don't do anything.
- Phone may enter deep sleep while on a wall charger (not USB).
- Occassional reboot possibility is present, but it could be days between them, if it happens at all.

Last edited:

TeMpTiN

Dec 16, 2011
Far Far Away
Bugs I am aware of

Before you flash make sure you have the correct modem!!!

If you flash CM10 with non epic modem you will have issues!!!

Flashing CM10 from any other Rom will wipe data!!!

To flash FROM CM10 > TO any other rom will require Odin to repartition!!

Use FC09

Currently the head set Mic does not work.

There are some occasional random reboots.

There is also an issue with how the phone sleeps while on charge.

Last edited:

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Its official! Nice, great job guys. Thanks for all that the cmteam does for us. Thiis phone is officially truly epic.:highfive:
Does this include the 3.x kernel?

Last edited:

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago

Mike_77

Nov 26, 2010
So when I do my ermmmm nightly build, will it build the 3.xx kernel or still use the 2.xx?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

codest3r

Oct 27, 2010
Orlando, FL
Not sure I got clarity on this: is it using the NS4G modem and patch or expecting one of the recent official standard epic modems?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
One nice feature (although still under review and not yet merged):
Go to Settings -> Performance, and check the option for High end graphics effects. It will give you the cool dimming effect when you pull down the notification screen. It may or may not require a reboot to take effect, I forget.

EDIT: The screen already dims, but this will make the notification pulldown semi-transparent. And yes, requires a reboot to take effect.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the support thread for CM10 on the Samsung Epic 4G. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

WARNING: If you are not already on an official CM10 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock.

Recommended steps before you install:
    1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.

Additional Disclaimer:
    Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial cm10 build, or a modified/patched Official cm10 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

Nightly Install Instructions (starting from 20120904):
    1. Download from get.cm. Pay attention to the filenames. Don't grab a CM9 build by mistake!

Nightly Changelog: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#epicmtd/cm10/next

Preview Install instructions:
    1. Download cm-10-20120901-PREVIEW-epicmtd.zip [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2] md5: 73fd0294a9cd9e18938a3347cc01f09e

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

Known Bugs:
    - Fixed in nightly 0911 DO NOT adjust the Maximum CPU frequency. (Preview build only)
    - Fixed in nightly 0911 Headset mic is not working.
    - Wired headset buttons don't do anything.
    - Phone may enter deep sleep while on a wall charger (not USB).
    - Occassional reboot possibility is present, but it could be days between them, if it happens at all.
    Just a little teaser for something I've been working on.

Screenshot_touchkeys.png

Updates for next nightly (0911):

1. Volumes levels boosted to match CM9 level adjustments.
    2. Added CIFS (tested with built-in VPN connection and the CIFS Manager app).
    3. Working wired headset mic (although buttons don't work yet).
    4. Performance & Interactive governors are working more properly as they were in the Preview build, & the lockup when changing max frequency has been fixed.
    Cool, the latest nightly has the touch key brightness adjust incorporated.

It also should have a fix for the random reboots :)

Oh, and also the fix to keep 4g on during sleep.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app