Which s10 should i get/ best for rooting?

Search This thread

Stevered1985

May 24, 2018
I have Sprint and was going to go today to get a new phone. Is there a particular firmware version i should look for ? Or is there a range of firmwares i can check for to make sure i will be able to root it when i get home? i def want to be able to root my new phone but last time when i got my new s8 ans s9 the firmwares were pre updated and i was unable to root either of them. Thanks in advance for any help!

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
None of the US models can currently be rooted and as far as I'm aware the international models aren't compatible with Sprint since it's a CDMA carrier.

If root is important to you then you should probably look at purchasing a different phone.

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
I have Sprint and was going to go today to get a new phone. Is there a particular firmware version i should look for ? Or is there a range of firmwares i can check for to make sure i will be able to root it when i get home? i def want to be able to root my new phone but last time when i got my new s8 ans s9 the firmwares were pre updated and i was unable to root either of them. Thanks in advance for any help!

The Sprint S10+ 5G version of the phone is able to be rooted.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

None of the US models can currently be rooted and as far as I'm aware the international models aren't compatible with Sprint since it's a CDMA carrier.

If root is important to you then you should probably look at purchasing a different phone.

The Sprint S10+ 5G has been rooted.

redplate

Feb 8, 2009
Last edited:

redplate

Feb 8, 2009

That's why you shouldn't buy an US version. I'm from Germany and I'll never buy a mobile phone from there anymore. Especially not from Samsung. My actually galaxy s10+ is from Hong Kong. Waited 2 weeks for it. Snapdragon 855 instead of exynos. Bootloader unlocked, rooted.

Just check if baseband frequencies are supported. There is a cool app out there called spectify. Check it out

Stevered1985

May 24, 2018
Well they ended up replacing my s9 w insurance instead of upgrading me. So aparently I need to find a guide for SamFail I assume?