about bluetooth gps receivers

Search This thread

delta37

Mar 8, 2005
manila
i plan to buy a bluetooth gps receiver.

i just have some question before buying one :D

- will any bluetooth gps receiver work with niki? are there known receivers that will not work?
- i currently have a mapking software on niki and a map of my city, is the bluetooth gps receiver all i need for it to work? by work i mean it'll tell you where you are, where to go, etc...

thanks! :)

dekoning

Apr 15, 2008
I have an adapt AD-350 bluetooth GPS receiver.

Works like a dime! It 'only' cost me 50 euro's (dixons, the netherlands).

Works with any app that can use GPS, (for all I know).

xmrjx

Jun 15, 2005
Antwerpen
I use an Oasis BT GPS, wich are no longer available under that brand name but it works perfect with my downloaded tom tom software :)

you can find a lot on pdashop.be

succes!!

delta37

Mar 8, 2005
manila
I like the idea of a solar powered bluetooth gps :D

anyways thanks guys! will check out those you suggested! buying one tom :D

Last edited:

kipmast

Sep 14, 2007
Navman B10

I just paired a NAVMAN B10 the $35 special from Expansys US. It is a SIRFIII and so far it works awesome. Cant really see why it was so cheap. Yet.....

James Fock

Apr 14, 2008
I use this, "http://www.bluenext.co.uk/bluetooth-gps/bn-806f-bluetooth-gps.html"

works real good, it's real fast, good battery and have the last chip sirf star III, and of course all this for a good price :D

spam001

Nov 28, 2007
How to setup

Could someone tell me how to setup GPS connection over Bluetooth? I have a Nokia GPS which was working on normal HTC Touch and I just can't get it work on Nike... This is what I did:

1. Turn on GPS
2. Turn on Bluetooth on Nike
3. Search for BT device, Nokia is found
4. Enter code
5. Select serial port (the only port offered)
6. I create an outgoing port (e.g. COM2) for Nokia (in settings/connections/setting/bluetooth)
7. I set GPS program port to the previously created outgoing port in setting/system/External GPS)
8. I set GPS port number in iGO...

What did I wrong? Please help me.

Thank you in advance

spam001

Nov 28, 2007
Me neither... On my old iPaq (WinMo 2003) is a lot easier to connect as there is a connect feature in Bluetooth manager. In WinMo 2006 there is no such possibility... How can a bluetooth connection to GPS initialized without iGO? How could I connect from Windows to test the connection?

pluspeed

Aug 11, 2007
mapping software

i live in the us where can i get a free mapping software with map? because i dont want to access any data...