Developer options - which ones make sense on G2

Search This thread

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011
Is there a performance benefit of turning some of these features on?
qyqaruta.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

_Infamous_

Aug 14, 2010
Gardnerville
Force GPU rendering will get you a little more speed but some apps will get screen tear and fc and u will get a higher bench score. The rest won't do to much and will just cause more battery drain and fc

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: fallenwout

zero0422

Jul 25, 2010
Saint Paul
Force GPU will do little in terms of real world performance on your phone. Changing the animation speeds to .5 will make the phone FEEL snappier, as it makes the windows pop in and out faster.

On a stock ROM there aren't many good uses. On custom firmware you can set reboot list options, ART, and a couple others, but really its not useful for the every day user.

Last edited:
Reactions: fallenwout

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Force GPU rendering will get you a little more speed but some apps will get screen tear and fc and u will get a higher bench score. The rest won't do to much and will just cause more battery drain and fc

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Force GPU will do little in terms of real world performance on your phone. Changing the animation speeds to .5 will make the phone FEEL snappier, as it makes the windows pop in and out faster.

On a stock ROM there aren't many good uses. On custom firmware you can set reboot list options, ART, and a couple others, but really its not useful for the every day user.