[HOW TO] Manually invoke send text template

Search This thread

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I tried creating a Tasker scene, with textbox and button

Can't get command to send a message (also tried via send intent function)

Hope to look into querying the db, but will need sqlite3 installed and its super painful typing long amounts of text on such a tiny screen!

Instead of using intent, use terminal command in tasker and enter the command on OP.

snowmangoh

Jan 17, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I´ll certainly do, good point.
I´ll put in a check for com.android.provider.contatcs in the create part of the Activity, if OK - Load contacts, if NOK - Message box about missing app and then exit.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Small update, I´we done some tests regarding editing the db file, very unsuccessfull.. :(
Pulled the original db to computer and did the edit.
Try 1: Delete all rows but one and sent back to Gear - App FC when the Dialog would show
Try 2: Only did minimal changes, editet first row only - App FC when the dialog would show
Try 3: Edit one row only, and renamed the journal file aswell, the only valid file in directory is the edited db wich opens fine in Root Browser - App FC when the Dial would show.

Anyone got ideas what´s causing the Template send FC?

I tried something similar... I didn't FC, but the rewrites I did to the db file didn't even show up. It was the same quick responses. I guess I missed something in there...

Reactions: saamsnj

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
I tried something similar... I didn't FC, but the rewrites I did to the db file didn't even show up. It was the same quick responses. I guess I missed something in there...

I had the exact same experience when editing the db within my Android app insted of pulling it out, edit worked fine but no more to select from.
I did even check owner and permission so it was exactly the same.

I´m digging my way trough the apk to find out another way to send the message without passing through the selection list...

flouflou

Oct 28, 2012
Paris
Maybe I misunderstood the operation of this app, but you can do the same by slipping into the list of contacts on the contact you want to send the message.
Am I wrong?
Or maybe it comes from a recent update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I made a little discovery today while attempting to figure out a way to send native SMS messages on the gear.

What I discovered is a way we can manually invoke the text template popup to any specified number, this can be useful if you want to save various text templates in gear manager and would like to actually send them, rather then only just use them to reply with.

At the moment the only way to preform the intent is using tasker or adb shell, this is more a educational post for those of you who would be considered advanced users can possibly make it a little more user friendly !

Perhaps someone can code a simple app with a contact list so that we can send text templates, @st-tps I'm talking about you ;)

SHELL COMMAND:

Code:
    am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n com.samsung.accessory.texttemplateprovider/com.samsung.accessory.texttemplateprovider.TextTemplateListActivity -e phone_number 0401010101

*NOTE* Replace "0401010101" with the desired destination number.

I will also include a tasker example once I make one.

Happy hacking.
    I´m definitely up for the challange.
    I´ll try to get something running as soon as I get some time to look at it.

Another interresting thing is the /data/data/com.samsung.accessory.texttemplateprovider/databases/texttemplate.db wich stores the Templates. If we find a way to edit the db we could actually write what message we want to the db, then open the dialog and chose the newly created message and send it to what number we want. I´we got some ideas about this, I´ll try em out as soon as I get your shell commands working.
    That is about how close we can get to native SMS right?
    I´m definitely up for the challange.
    I´ll try to get something running as soon as I get some time to look at it.

Another interresting thing is the /data/data/com.samsung.accessory.texttemplateprovider/databases/texttemplate.db wich stores the Templates. If we find a way to edit the db we could actually write what message we want to the db, then open the dialog and chose the newly created message and send it to what number we want. I´we got some ideas about this, I´ll try em out as soon as I get your shell commands working.
    That is about how close we can get to native SMS right?

Oh thats awesome, didn't realize the templates were stored there..

If we can edit the database, We would have a kind of working solution, although I really want to figure out how to send custom text. Rather to relying on the templates.

Also another thing I havnt figured out yet tho is how we can pull the contacts from the phone, it doesn't look like there stored on the gear anywhere that I have found anyway. It seems there pulled from the host phone everytime the contacts app is executed.
    Here comes a real early beta (More like an alpha) of NativeSMS, the most fancy about it may be the progress bar at launch ;)

What it does: list all your contacts (If you´we sometimes synced with Google Contacts that is) that´s got a phone number attached to it, tap a contact and wait until the template box appears, select template and click send.

What it doesn´t do: Sort the contacts alphabetically. Save the list until next appstart. Create own messages.No fancy icon yet.

Download HERE!
    st-tps, i installed nativesms, it gave me an error sub:main_activity_resume (java line: 318) java.lang.nullpointerexeption, because i didnt have the people app installed.

Might want to put some kind of check to see if the app is installed.

Btw im SemRumo in f0mey null chat :)