[GUIDE] Dualboot Custom ROMs on L5 and L7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
C

Caio99BR

ic_launcher_web.png

Informations

Hey guys, today i will show DualBootPatcher one of the best apps for multi ROMs (i think this is the unique app for this :p).
I have managed to support L3II, L5, L7 and L7II (Officially)
I am not the creator, just the supporter
XDA NEWS!!!

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

Requirements

1. A Custom Recovery (TWRP or PhilZ Touch or the old CWM :p)
2. A KitKat ROM (Real KitKat ROM, not build.prop edited, a fake KK ROM)
3. The Dualboot Patcher - http://goo.gl/0bcbbN (Download the APK in Downloads Section)(For L3II, L5, L7 and L7II)
4. A KitKat ROM (To install :p)

Installation

1. Make a nandroid backup in case anything fails. (optional if you like playing with fire)
2. Install the DualbootPatcher
3. In the Patcher, go to the ROMs section, and a popup will ask you to set the kernel. Do it.
4. After this you need to go in menu (the tree dots) of Primary ROM and search for Update Ramdisk. Press it.
5. In the patcher, go to the Patch ZIP file section, open your ROM zip file
6. After this select in what partition you want to install:
Primary ROM Upgrade - To update ROM without affect the Secundary ROM (and others) when you have one installed.
Secundary - To install in /system.
MultiROM (1-3) - To install in /cache, you have 3 slots in this.
Data Slot - To install in /data (ID is IDentification of ROM)
Extsd slot - To install in your sdcard
7. You not need to change the Device
8. Do the same for GAPPS (optional)
9. Press in confirmation button and wait.

You have two options here:
9. Go to ROMs section and press in button of a device with arrow inside, select the patched zip files (ROM and GAPPS), and by last press in confirmation button, just wait..
10. After finish, close the app (see Know Issues), open and go again to ROMs section and you will see the default ROM to boot (the last installed). Reboot your phone.
11. It will now boot onto your ROM installed, once you've completed your first boot setup, install the DualBootPatcher.
or
9. Restart in recovery, flash the patched zip files (ROM and GAPPS). Restart your phone.
10. It will now boot onto your ROM installed, once you've completed your first boot setup, install the DualBootPatcher.

You are now able to select which rom to boot from the ROMs section. Once you've selected which rom is the default, restart your phone. Voilà!

Know Issues

- The ROMs section sometimes bug and get a infinite refresh, close the app and open app again.
- Never use this in JellyBean 4.1 or "You are gonna have a bad time"
- Contact me :D

Special Thanks

@chenxiaolong for the awesome DualBootPatcher.
@virulentt for him original thread for tutorial (and encouragement)
@Jonas Cardoso for testing in L5
@WinterR for testing in L7
@ECr34T1v3 for testing in L3II

ScreeShots

photo_2015_12_21_23_32_33.jpg
photo_2015_12_21_23_32_38.jpg
photo_2015_12_21_23_33_55.jpg
photo_2015_12_21_23_33_59.jpg
Screenshot_2015_12_20_20_26_21.png

Last edited:
C

Caio99BR

What about different kernel and not the one from rom's zip? Better to add them to zip before patch or can be installed later by patching kernel's zip?

Or there can be only one kernel for all roms?

Sent using XT1562 - stock 5.1.1

For kernels you need to flash two times, first flash with patched zip (in app) and second flash you need to set the ROM and flash again (via recovery).

The first will update modules (/system) and second is to update the boot.img

Note: Ever you change kernel you need to go to app and set the kernel to save you new boot.img

C

Caio99BR

@ch3mn3y you can use all ROMs up to 4.2, because SELinux and other core things like storage/emulated/0.
The SdExt only store system.img, and only system (for now, the patch is under progress all time).
You have option to put 1 in /system (dual), 3 in /cache (multi-slot), and unlimited in /data and /sdext (External Card).
Support F2FS and Ext4, auto-detect, just need support in your ROM and all will works (not tested because no F2FS support for mine device :p)

C

Caio99BR

So I tried to mod cyanhacker 2.0 to work from extsd, but app FC's at 1.4%. Tried last 8.0.0. Anyone know which one works with our device or this rom (don't know which one cause FC)?
The rom is stored in any partition in a folder called "multiboot", try other rom or old app versions.

Enviado de meu E435 (L3 II Dual) usando Tapatalk

Naah, i use newest app. Zips can be edited on Windows machine.

Small request: any chance to move /cache and /data to the same folder as /system? Or at least /data (as /cache is more temporary) as it can become big for one rom and we have less than 3GB of space on this partition...

Sent using XT1562 - stock 6.0 (retasia DualSim)

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Bug?
After reboot from extsd rom back to primary, app on ptimary doesnt find sdext rom. I can only choose primary one.
Only change on sdext rom I did is installation of app...

Sent using P700 - Mahdi-Rom/SKernel

C

Caio99BR

Check in external card the multiboot folder.
This app have a lot of bugs, use the zip in DualBootPatcher site, for cat the logs, and we can see if something goes wrong and report a bug.

Enviado de meu E435 (L3 II Dual) usando Tapatalk

Its ok. After 2 reboots of primary rom, sdext one is back and after next two reboots between roms its still there. Dont know what was wrong, but right now i suppose there wont be any useful info in logs.

Downloaded the logs zip, so next time will use it.

It works really fast from class 4 sdcard. However I thought that extsd is 2 partition and created one :p

Sent using P700 - Mahdi-Rom/SKernel

Status
Not open for further replies.