[ROM] EmeralD v0.83b XXLA2 based European ROM[WIP]

Search This thread

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu
Well, I started to cook this ROM weeks ago, but in the meantime other projects (eg Odin-able ROMS) got higher priority, and this one had little progess in the recent time.
Unfortunately today I've bricked my little Y by experimenting custom bootloaders, so I'm affraid I have to devoid the developement for the next couple of days/weeks.
Therefore I'm publishing it, what I have done up to now.

EmeralD Stock+ ROM v0.83b

While I'm fairly OK with the stock theme, I did minimal changes:
- based on XXLA2 (latest European build with OXX CSCs
- contains all stock apps (you can remove from the zip which you find surplus)
- deodexed, optimized, zipaligned
- pre-rooted and busybox preinstalled
- numeric and animated battery % indicator
- green circle status bar icons
- green overscroll glow
- lidroid's 14 status bar toggle
- boot sound removed
- Swype keyboard for the following languages:
EnglishUK, EnglishUS, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, PortuguesePT, Romanian, SerbianLA, Slovenian, Spanish

Sorry the work is unfinished yet, but it's (hopefully) 100% working, there are no known issues.

INSTALL GUIDE:

- download stock XXLA2
- download Emerald ROM v0.83b
- copy EmeralDv083.zip to your SD Card
- do backup of your current data
- reboot to download mode, and flash XXLA2 via ODIN (short flashing guide here)
- let start the system, then shut down
- start recovery mode (Vol UP + Home + Power)
- select Apply update from SD card - and browse for EmeralDv083.zip, then apply
- the install take about 30 sec
- reboot system
- the first boot takes 2-4 minutes (blank screen). If it's longer, any you see boot loop then boot to recovery, and wipe data!
- after system up and running, set your CSC by *#272*<_your_imei_>#
- if you need other CSC, try email.filtering's CSC pack!

Your comments are welcome!

Last edited:

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu
sorry, no current screenshots, my device is currenty out of order

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• SC20120120-090558.png
    SC20120120-090558.png
    49 KB · Views: 90,611
  • SC20120120-090730.png
    SC20120120-090730.png
    54 KB · Views: 58,932
  • SC20120120-103433.png
    SC20120120-103433.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 50,419
  • SC20120203-162133.png
    SC20120203-162133.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 58,428
Last edited:

Dr. Narinder

Nov 20, 2011
India
This rom is good to go. Most of apps that i trested are functional.
Bootanimation needs to be fixed, because there is a lag of black screen after every restart giving a false indication that phone will not start

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

@Doky73 Cant you use ODIN to repair your bricked phone?

soft bricked phone can be revived but if it is hard bricked that means not even going to download mode then its hard to recover

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu
Bootanimation needs to be fixed, because there is a lag of black screen after every restart giving a false indication that phone will not start
I'ts intentional. The boot animation takes 15 sec then terminated, because i found that boot anim takes big CPU consumption, therefore multiplies the boot time (2-3 times)
I'll take a notice in the install guide that blank screen is normal.
(well, I already did it, You were unperceptive ;-) )

Last edited:
Reactions: benz0076

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu

benz0076

Jan 13, 2011
Just installed it and cleaned it up a bit (deleted unwanted apps etc) and it runs great.
Thanks...kudoos for u :)

DerBobo

Jan 11, 2012
Magdeburg
I've removed some unused apps from . Zip system apps. But now i get low memory (not RAM) notifications with same app-count from stock rom (titanium restore). In stock rom I never got low mem notification. What can I do? App mamagement shows 45 MB of free space on phone, but I can't install a small app like flashplayer for amr6 prozessors wich i could install under stock rom. I don't think that flash player needs installed more than 45 MB.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu
I've removed some unused apps from . Zip system apps. But now i get low memory (not RAM) notifications with same app-count from stock rom (titanium restore). In stock rom I never got low mem notification. What can I do? App mamagement shows 45 MB of free space on phone, but I can't install a small app like flashplayer for amr6 prozessors wich i could install under stock rom. I don't think that flash player needs installed more than 45 MB.

Try clear cache in recovery first, then give a chance again to install any app!

DerBobo

Jan 11, 2012
Magdeburg
Try clear cache in recovery first, then give a chance again to install any app!

All done. Flashed xxal2 with odin, than back to recovery, clear cache and factory reset and install zip. Restart, recovery and clear cache. Then titanium restore, wich is staple installing, app after app.
But now with some apps with titanium to sd-card it's running.
Nice work. :)

Edit: I've no bootsound!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

axilefoo

Jan 15, 2012
Hello sir, Im from Malaysia (Asian). Will my phone work if I flash with this ROM? Sorry for a noob question. Wonder whether different firmware will work in this ROM which is XX instead of my Asian firmware, DX. :)

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu
how do you do this sir? sorry noob question

If you already installed EmeralD ROM, then pull down the notification page, select the last but one button from the 14 togle, "reboot" then select "Recovery"
If no 14 toggles,
- then power off the phone
- remove battery
- resinsert battery, wait 30 sec
- press Vol Up, Home, Power at the same time
- when Galaxy Y logo appears, release the Power button
- when Recovery menu appears, release the Home button first, then finally Vol Up

You are in the recovery menu. Select wipe cache (by Vol Up, Vol Down, and Home buttons)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I started to cook this ROM weeks ago, but in the meantime other projects (eg Odin-able ROMS) got higher priority, and this one had little progess in the recent time.
    Unfortunately today I've bricked my little Y by experimenting custom bootloaders, so I'm affraid I have to devoid the developement for the next couple of days/weeks.
    Therefore I'm publishing it, what I have done up to now.

EmeralD Stock+ ROM v0.83b

While I'm fairly OK with the stock theme, I did minimal changes:
    - based on XXLA2 (latest European build with OXX CSCs
    - contains all stock apps (you can remove from the zip which you find surplus)
    - deodexed, optimized, zipaligned
    - pre-rooted and busybox preinstalled
    - numeric and animated battery % indicator
    - green circle status bar icons
    - green overscroll glow
    - lidroid's 14 status bar toggle
    - boot sound removed
    - Swype keyboard for the following languages:
    EnglishUK, EnglishUS, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, PortuguesePT, Romanian, SerbianLA, Slovenian, Spanish

Sorry the work is unfinished yet, but it's (hopefully) 100% working, there are no known issues.

INSTALL GUIDE:

- download stock XXLA2
    - download Emerald ROM v0.83b
    - copy EmeralDv083.zip to your SD Card
    - do backup of your current data
    - reboot to download mode, and flash XXLA2 via ODIN (short flashing guide here)
    - let start the system, then shut down
    - start recovery mode (Vol UP + Home + Power)
    - select Apply update from SD card - and browse for EmeralDv083.zip, then apply
    - the install take about 30 sec
    - reboot system
    - the first boot takes 2-4 minutes (blank screen). If it's longer, any you see boot loop then boot to recovery, and wipe data!
    - after system up and running, set your CSC by *#272*<_your_imei_>#
    - if you need other CSC, try email.filtering's CSC pack!

Your comments are welcome!
    sorry, no current screenshots, my device is currenty out of order

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    This rom is good to go. Most of apps that i trested are functional.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

@Doky73 Cant you use ODIN to repair your bricked phone?

soft bricked phone can be revived but if it is hard bricked that means not even going to download mode then its hard to recover
    I think so... :)
    so somethings up..anyways lets consult termagazis for this, he was the one to mod emerald and he is the maker of the .tar kernel :D

first I'll try a clean install. So stock, then MemeralD (modded) and after succsessful boot, back to download mode and .tar. maybe THIS is succsessfull.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

so somethings up..anyways lets consult termagazis for this, he was the one to mod emerald and he is the maker of the .tar kernel :D

OK ...
    Small Result for this "how to" ;)

Flash Modded a2SD Rom over Standard EmeralD ROM causes stuck in Galaxy Y Logo.
    Flash Stock Rom, then EmeralD modded a2SD causes Bootloops.
    Flash Stock Rom, then EmeralD modded a2SD, and after that flashing Moddeed a2SD .tar also causes Bootloops (but it's a step forward, because no stuck at Galaxy Y logo;) ).

EDIT:

2nd try with flashing Stock ROM and Emerald modded a2SD ROM) causes bootloop. But this time, wipe/factory reset in recovery took effect an my device did fully boot up.

now I'll flash a2SD .tar ... I'll keep U up to date guys ;)

EDIT 2:

SUCCSESS GUYS!!!

all work fine after "very clean" install of all (with wipe etc.). Kenerl version in Phone Info also changed ... so he works ... now I'll test a little.

I'm always 'open' for questions. ;)

EDIT 3:

You have to "re-root" your phone.

Where can is see the 'new' mounted partition?