Weird screen problems

Search This thread

nachiketa.ramesh

Jun 8, 2012
Bangalore
I'm really sorry if this bug has already been posted but I googled it and turned up with nothing. I do not mean to be a noob and spam this thread.

I have bought a desire x about six months ago and have noticed a yellow hue on the display especially noticeable on a white or grey background on the top right corner to the mid right corner. This translates to weird speckling on a dark black background. You should be able to make out what I'm referring to from the screenshots.

I am almost certain that this is a hardware defect as the problem persists in the bootloader and since my phone is not rooted or bootloader unlocked, will be looking to claim warranty soon

I want to know if anyone else has faced this issue on the desire x and weather it is fixable without sending it to HTC.

uploadfromtaptalk1393580578507.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393580615808.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393580635152.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393580659452.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393580679972.jpg

I also face uncomfortable overheating issue with this phone on simple tasks such as surfing the web..etc. Is this a known issue and if so does it persist to the sense 5 custom ROMs?

Sent from my Explorer A310e using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: t0mf

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
I'm really sorry if this bug has already been posted but I googled it and turned up with nothing. I do not mean to be a noob and spam this thread.

I have bought a desire x about six months ago and have noticed a yellow hue on the display especially noticeable on a white or grey background on the top right corner to the mid right corner. This translates to weird speckling on a dark black background. You should be able to make out what I'm referring to from the screenshots.

I am almost certain that this is a hardware defect as the problem persists in the bootloader and since my phone is not rooted or bootloader unlocked, will be looking to claim warranty soon

I want to know if anyone else has faced this issue on the desire x and weather it is fixable without sending it to HTC.

View attachment 2605343
View attachment 2605344View attachment 2605345View attachment 2605349View attachment 2605351

I also face uncomfortable overheating issue with this phone on simple tasks such as surfing the web..etc. Is this a known issue and if so does it persist to the sense 5 custom ROMs?

It looks like the phone fell on that part of the screen and the only solution is sending it.
What do you call overheat, when the phone is hot or not touchable hot? And did you look at the temperature of the phone?
It should not happen with just browsing

nachiketa.ramesh

Jun 8, 2012
Bangalore
It looks like the phone fell on that part of the screen and the only solution is sending it.
What do you call overheat, when the phone is hot or not touchable hot? And did you look at the temperature of the phone?
It should not happen with just browsing

The thing is my phone was like this since the day I bought it as confirmed by some early pictures of it however, only recently I noticed it. The only other factor that might have caused this is during the application of the screen protector. I have a two year extended warranty with reliance but someone told me that screen defects (burnt pixels etc.) aren't covered by any warranty. Is this true? I have heard about a similar problem on the HTC one x. Is this a known defect with the desire x?

As for how hot, not so hot that it hurts my fingers but hot enough that it hurts my face when I pick up calls and it happens when I browse or run tapatalk or twitter (WiFi and Bluetooth are off. Mobile data is always on the whole day but doesn't heat up at least on its own. Connection is on gsm only (no 3g/wcdma))

How do you check the temperature? Is there an app for that?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Last edited:

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
The thing is my phone was like this since the day I bought it as confirmed by some early pictures of it however, only recently I noticed it. The only other factor that might have caused this is during the application of the screen protector. I have a two year extended warranty with reliance but someone told me that screen defects (burnt pixels etc.) aren't covered by any warranty. Is this true? I have heard about a similar problem on the HTC one x. Is this a known defect with the desire x?

As for how hot, not so hot that it hurts my fingers but hot enough that it hurts my face when I pick up calls and it happens when I browse or run tapatalk or twitter (WiFi and Bluetooth are off. Mobile data is always on the whole day but doesn't heat up at least on its own. Connection is on gsm only (no 3g/wcdma))

I don't know about the temparature, but for the screen you can fix it yourself. A replacement screen costs only 40 $ (just look into Accessories section for a link). It's a bit tricky, but mangeable.

Reactions: nachiketa.ramesh

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

It is hardware problem and the best is to claim warranty.
You can always ask them and report about your heating issue too, it should be covered in warranty.

Reactions: nachiketa.ramesh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

uploadfromtaptalk1393580578507.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393580615808.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393580635152.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393580659452.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393580679972.jpg

I don't know about the temparature, but for the screen you can fix it yourself. A replacement screen costs only 40 $ (just look into Accessories section for a link). It's a bit tricky, but mangeable.

It is hardware problem and the best is to claim warranty.
    You can always ask them and report about your heating issue too, it should be covered in warranty.