[28 Oct 2009]WM6.5 WWE ROM shifu 2.1|CHome edition [21857]

Search This thread

bakushimaru

Oct 28, 2009
how to put omapclock to start up

hi guys, im real noob in the pharos, i just had it for days, i just flased shifu's rom 2,0 and i want to ask how to set the omap clock 252 on the startup programs? i hope someone can help me with instructions? thanks alot, btw, i love the rom shifu, i wish to see more updates from you! cheers!

Paulo Marques

Jun 27, 2007
today's clock delayed by 1:02 minutes issue on Mobile 6.5 V2.0 ROM

Hello All,

First, big thanks to Shifu for is work. I've flashed his Mobile 6.5 V2.0 ROM a couple of days ago, and it looks very, very nice :)
(I was coming from Poldo's one. the one with M2D, so that's why I choose this version instead of the 2.1, sorry, but I really like the look of M2D :D)

One thing though, I noticed that the clock on today's page of M2D is always late by exactly 1:02 minutes whenever I change to today's page, and it takes like 1 second for it to flip to the correct time.

anyone else noticed this? is there a fix for it?

I've searched the forum, and found this post (#138) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=571181&page=14

so it seams it's happening with other ROM's on other phones, but the file they say can correct the issue (by replacing the one in windows file) has no correspondence in the case of shifu's ROM. (what I mean is that there is no file with that name in our windows folder or I'm guessing it is there, but with a different file name.)

Could someone give me a help?

Thanks!
PM

Last edited:

lollen

Jun 12, 2010
the noob is speaking ;o

Hello :)

I have downloaded your rom now
and i got it in .rar format.
do i need to convert this into .zip using winzip?

my next problem is that i dont know how to make my pharos run this software.
?!?!?!?!?!
do i just put the .rar (.zip?)-file on to my SD-card and start the mobilephone normally or how does this part work?

mehrzad_64

Mar 10, 2009
Tehran
Battery

Nice & lovely ROM. thanks dear shifu ;)
A big problem is battery consumption. This rom consume too much battery so i should recharge it everyday or every 1.5 day. When the device starts up. it use about 50% of memory that is too large ampunt i think :)
in WM6 it's about 29% and in WM6.1 is about 31% in normal way.

mehrzad_64

Mar 10, 2009
Tehran
Dear lollen;
You shoul unpack the .rar file. Then you can see the "ROMUpdateUtility.exe" file. Just run this file to upgarde your pharos.
Notice that :
1. Before doing any thig, backup your imortant data like contacts, messages and etc..
2. Before you can install this ROM (or any other ROMs which have been cooked), you should unlock your pharos (see the first topic about jump SPL and Hard SPL)
3. After unlocking your pharos. plug it to pc via usb cable and run the"ROMUpdateUtility.exe" and wait to finishing installation

Last edited:

T42

Mar 10, 2010
How to rotate screen with Sifu 2.1 ???

Hello Dears,

Thank you for this great ROM update. It works fine on my P3470. I have only 1 concern: when using my phone with navigation SW (Tomtom 7) in my car, I used to rotate the screen (landscape mode). I can't find where I can activate and de-activate it with Shifu 2.1... Also, I'd like to remap this <rotate> function to the camera button, but this option is not available in the Buttons Setting menu.

Thanks for helping,
V42

ravish_919

Jul 11, 2010
Hi Shifu I'm really impressed with your rom
1st thing is i'm very new to this
2nd thing is can my phone read chinese language also if i flash it with ur rom
i know ur rom is english version & i want my phone in english only but can it be able to display chinese characters in the messages
cos this WM is more complicated when compared to symbian in terms of language packs.. if it symbian i would just flash any language & add chinese characters to the font & it works...but i dont know in the case of windows...

I just want english rom but should also able to show the chinese characters as well...
Is that possible with ur Rom...can i flash my phone now
please reply me as soon as possible
thanks alot for your great creations & modding

mastmalang70

Dec 12, 2010
dutch rom

hi guys , i needed the dutch rom for my htc pharos to change the language from english to dutch (nederlands)
thanks

PranavMehta

Sep 24, 2009
i Keep on getting Error 270 when i am updating my ROM

Here is my 2.1 CHome edition.
In this version Manila 2D and other apps related to it have been removed
so the ROM is more light respect to the V2.0.
Also Media Player issue is fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------
Shifu I Have downloaded your ROM and followed each and every instruction but i am keep on getting error 270 when i am trying to update my existing rom which has following spec:
ONBL: 2.05.0000
SPL: 2.05.000
GSM: 03.37.90
My current image version is "2.5.707.1"
i want to change it to "shifu_2.1"
Please help me to resolve this issue.