Is Using GURU Reset Roms same as USING RUU?

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. My firmware is 3.62.401.1, my hboot is 1.55 and im S-ON.
    I wanna go to completely stock, but don't care about warranty. Since i have to go S-OFF with rumrunner to use RUU, and im afraid i might brick my device i flashed GURU'S REST ROM matching my firmware. Is this the same as using the RUU, or the RUU so to say, flashes it cleaner ?

The Guru reset is not as complete as a true RUU but it is very close, close enough in fact you can take OTA after using it. and after the OTA your are indeed completely stock. The guru reset doesn't update your firmware so yeah it's important that you get the correct Reset to match your current firmware.

if this is the one you used you should be good to go
    http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_3-62-401-1-zip/
    version: 0.5
    version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
    version-main: 3.62.401.1
    version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
    product: m7_ul
    modelid: PN0710000
    cidnum: HTC__102
    gencheckpt: 0

since you dont care about warranty, just go ahead and install http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_3-62-401-1-zip/ using CWM or TWRP

if you want to receive & install OTA updates (when they become available), select "stock recovery" in installer.
    Thanks, i did install it, but i notice some lag when switching between normal notifications and toggles in the notification shade - is it normal ?
    P.S I'm a new One user.

Wiped everything when installed the zip. Was just wondering if it cleans everything properly so the normal perfromance of the phone is achieved or i must play with the RUU.exe .. and S-OFF. I'd like to be completely stock since im sick of modding my phone .. and once i S-OFF i dont know how to S-ON.

1- if you ever decide to go S-Off then DO NOT GO BACK S-ON

2- you are now completely stock (your firmware is 3.62.401.1, and since you dont have s-off it's the official one), and the Guru Reset has put your ROM back to 100% stock -> so performance, etc. is 100% stock

3- you won't get it any different with an RUU (performance and experience)

4- you could try a factory reset, to clean everything and set up your phone from the beginning
    Do you think it's worth it to go through the trouble of S-OFF-ing just to use the RUU, or the phone's just fine with the .zip. I'm kinda of perfectionist - i want to do it right and never bother again with flashing and modding?

Thanks again!

you're phone is 100% stock right now; the only advantages of going to S-Off and (eventually) run an RUU is if you need your bootloader to say "LOCKED" as opposed to UNLOCKED/RELOCKED.
    It still says that my device's been tempered with, is that normal?

That's a so-so question, in theory it should go away once stock recovery has been installed, but in practice i've seen it sometimes go away and sometimes not, even when 100% stock.