Minisuit Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Review

Search This thread

Smeech99

Jun 16, 2012
SF Bay Area
I wanted to share this universal bluetooth keyboard with stand I found..

When I had my N7, I liked the available keyboard "dock" accessories that were available for it. Sure, it was 3rd party and nothing like the attachment of the Asus tabs, but it worked nicely--and wasn't combined with a thick leather case.

I wanted to go thin TPU case, and I am using a Tucano iPad bag to store it in.

I was looking for a N10 and keyboard with a stand. I found the Minisuit Universal Bluetooth Keyboard (available from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846 and eBay).

It works very nicely with the N10. The N10 is slightly longer, but fits in to the stand perfectly. I can use this my lap or in bed. Here are some pics of it with the N10--excuse any dog in the background or screen reflections--she decided it was the perfect time to play.

It fits perfectly in the iPad pocket, and the N10 fits perfectly in the accessory pocket of the Tucano BMTIP bag. The charger and cables fit perfectly in the smaller pocket. I'm pleased with the combination.

P2091064_zpse1b1ecae.jpg

P2091062_zpsb1d40185.jpg

P2091061_zpsadf1604e.jpg

P2091059_zpsbcf5717b.jpg

P2091056_zpseb82fd2e.jpg

gdeadfan

Jul 2, 2010
What are the key functions like? Does everything work as expected, despite it being designed for iOS? Are there certain keys that simply don't translate to Android?

Smeech99

Jun 16, 2012
SF Bay Area
Good question.

It has three modes you can choose from: Apple, Android and Windows.

All "standard" alpha/numeric/symbol keys work as expected.

At the top, you have the following keys, from left to right:

IM ON PUB AOKP BTW:

HOME - Works
POWER - Works
SETTINGS - Works
EMAIL - Works, goes to default e-mail (or lets you choose)
BACK - Works
SEARCH - Launches Google Now
BROWSER - DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK
REWIND - Does not work in Youtube WILL TEST MUSIC PLAYER
PLAY/PAUSE - Works in Youtube WILL TEST MUSIC PLAYER
FAST FORWARD - Does not work in Youtube WILL TEST MUSIC PLAYER
MUTE - DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK, I have Beats installed if that matters
VOLUME DOWN - Works
VOLUME UP - Works

Arrow Keys have FN buttons PAGE UP, PAGE DOWN, HOME AND END. All work, but note that in browser HOME and END bring you to the very top and very bottom of the screen, respectively. Have not tested the function in a document editor.

Final thoughts: The keys type nicely and straight (don't tilt). Like any small keyboard it takes some getting used to, especially if you're not used to chiclet style keys.

The top feels nice, aluminum...wrapped in a plastic bottom. Decent build quality. Works well with a TPU case. Feels like you can tilt the front up if you hit hard enough, but honestly you would have to push much harder on the screen than you should. So, unlesss you're really pissed off when you type, it should be fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to share this universal bluetooth keyboard with stand I found..

When I had my N7, I liked the available keyboard "dock" accessories that were available for it. Sure, it was 3rd party and nothing like the attachment of the Asus tabs, but it worked nicely--and wasn't combined with a thick leather case.

I wanted to go thin TPU case, and I am using a Tucano iPad bag to store it in.

I was looking for a N10 and keyboard with a stand. I found the Minisuit Universal Bluetooth Keyboard (available from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846 and eBay).

It works very nicely with the N10. The N10 is slightly longer, but fits in to the stand perfectly. I can use this my lap or in bed. Here are some pics of it with the N10--excuse any dog in the background or screen reflections--she decided it was the perfect time to play.

It fits perfectly in the iPad pocket, and the N10 fits perfectly in the accessory pocket of the Tucano BMTIP bag. The charger and cables fit perfectly in the smaller pocket. I'm pleased with the combination.

P2091064_zpse1b1ecae.jpg

P2091062_zpsb1d40185.jpg

P2091061_zpsadf1604e.jpg

P2091059_zpsbcf5717b.jpg

P2091056_zpseb82fd2e.jpg
    Minisuit claims 82 hours of straight usage. I have yet to recharge it after 20-30 hours worth of straight usage, so so far so good.