2.3.3 JVK 5 Lock Screen Mod

Search This thread

Rimmer1966

Oct 14, 2010
Project Treble
Hi All

I've spent the past week implementing the 5 Lock Screen Mod for Gingerbread. Mainly just to see if I could. :D
Anyway, I got it working so thought I'd share.
A lot of files are involved so if you're going to try it out please make sure you make a backup first.
This will only work on a deodexed JVK ROM.

Here's the Instructions :-
Download the attached ZIP and extract the contents.

Using ADB enter the following :-

ADB Remount (this makes the system directory Read/Write)
ADB push framework-res.apk /system/framework/
ADB push framework.jar /system/framework/
ADB push android.policy.jar /system/framework/
ADB push Settings.apk /system/app/
ADB push SystemUI.apk /system/app/

Then take a deep breath, cross all fingers and toes then type :-

ADB reboot.

The first boot will take ages so don't panic.

Also included for your delight is the CRT animation the OverScroll Glow and the extended power menu. Plus a surprise!!!

A big thanks for this goes to untermensch over in the Vibrant forum. Without his source code I wouldn't have known where to begin.
Also, thanks to dhiru1602 for his Overscroll Mod. I hope he doesn't mind me using it?

Anyway. That's about it. Hope you like it. No doubt there will be several new Themes with this mod before too long. It would be nice to get some credit, it's taken a lot of hair pulling to get this mod working..

If anyones know how to create a flashable zip it would be great if you could attach it to this thread so that those not familiar with ADB can also enjoy this mod.

Enjoy

Heres the file :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?vkhwiau2omdqr0d

Here's the CWM Flashable ZIP kindly posted by Racerboy :-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sgst...k.zip/download

Here's the CWM3 Zip kindly posted by criskelo :-

http://www.multiupload.com/QIQI2GMQ94

Attachments

• screenshot_4.jpg
    screenshot_4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,300
  • screenshot_6.jpg
    screenshot_6.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,260
Last edited:

dhiru1602

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Good work. I would never mind if you use my Overscroll mod. :)

Did you use the Stock Framework?

Reactions: samseud

sv0911

May 1, 2010
Wow... Thats really great news..!!
Big thanks for sharing Rimmer1966..
and also big thanks to racerboy3801 for the zip..
Thanks-button limited to 5 a day (really stupid...)... so i will
hit the buttons latest tomorrow.. :D

Greetings
sv0911

Rimmer1966

Oct 14, 2010
Project Treble
Can I use this with Darky's 10.0 RC3 ROM??? I mean has anyone tried it before??
Hi.

I doubt anyone has tried it on Darky's ROM yet, this mod has only just been released. Having said that, as long as the ROM is JVK based it should work, although you may well lose any features that Darky has added.
I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it!!!

00.ante

Dec 13, 2010
Zagreb
Thanks will try it today in steel blue and poison green themes and if well will be published today with it and credits to you

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Hallahan

Feb 16, 2009
Enschede
FYI: just installed it on Juwe's Smart Edition *v3.2 GINGERBREAD XXJVK* and, for as far I can see, it works flawless...

Thanx mate!

scheichuwe

Sep 23, 2009
happy place
Glad you like it..

I didn't have any problem decompiling Settings.apk. I use APKTOOL which worked fine for me. Have you tried that? What error are you getting? I'll try to help if I can...

Here you can find the errors I get...
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12558920&postcount=1468
I used Apk manager though, but it includes apktool so that shouldn't be the problem (hopefully).

I don't want to hijack your thread :)
Just send me a pm if you know what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All

I've spent the past week implementing the 5 Lock Screen Mod for Gingerbread. Mainly just to see if I could. :D
    A lot of files are involved so if you're going to try it out please make sure you make a backup first.

ADB reboot.

Also included for your delight is the CRT animation the OverScroll Glow and the extended power menu. Plus a surprise!!!

A big thanks for this goes to untermensch over in the Vibrant forum. Without his source code I wouldn't have known where to begin.
    Also, thanks to dhiru1602 for his Overscroll Mod. I hope he doesn't mind me using it?

Anyway. That's about it. Hope you like it. No doubt there will be several new Themes with this mod before too long. It would be nice to get some credit, it's taken a lot of hair pulling to get this mod working..

If anyones know how to create a flashable zip it would be great if you could attach it to this thread so that those not familiar with ADB can also enjoy this mod.

Enjoy

Here's the CWM Flashable ZIP kindly posted by Racerboy :-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sgst...k.zip/download

Here's the CWM3 Zip kindly posted by criskelo :-

Great work. I was just wondering if you'd mind sharing just the files to implement the lock screens. I've ported Simone201's Simply series and have already added overscroll and its themed the way I want to keep it, pulldown, but would love to add the lock screens.

Thanks for posting this either way.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
    Someone else was asking for this so I put together a zip file with the source code.
    It's quite involved but what you need to do is Decompile the respective .jar or .apk, copy in the attached files then recompile again.
    The only exeception to this is the Layout files. You'll need to compare what you have with mine and add the missing lines. If any of the resource ID's are different from the ones I have then you'll need to reflect this in the LockScreen Smali files.

Good Luck. If I can be of any help or you think I may have missed a file just let me know.
    Hi All

I've no idea how to create a flashable zip file so in order to get this working you'll have to manually push the files to the appropriate places.

ADB reboot.

Enjoy

Very good job
    I'll put in my rom

Here is a update.zip, compatible with CWM3

Hey guys can someone help a noob. I have the deodexed JVK with "Fresh Ginger theme" + CWM 3 from the CF-root.

I tried installing the CWM3 update.zip a few times but nothing seems to be installing. After installing I manually checked with root explorer and the settings.apk was still the original one, also I didn't have the option to choose any of the 5 different lock screens. I did copy the 5 locks screen "setting.apk" into my phone with root explorer, and then in settings I was able to see the option for choosing 5 lockscreens, but since I didnt have the other files installed...the diff lock screen weren't there.

In CWM is says that install was successful...what am I doing wrong?

thx
    That's weird. I read another post here saying they had force close issues using this mod with the CF Kernel so maybe the kernel is the issue? Maybe you could try switching to another Kernel, installing this mod then switching back if you want? Just a suggestion and I'm only guessing. there's no knowing if it'll work or not..