Finally! An Android Rear-View Mirror with sufficient storage!

Search This thread

crodps

Apr 6, 2010
Hi guys!
As I've read, and also experienced myself, one of the big issues these Android Rearview mirrors have is that they only come with either 512mb or 1gb or system storage.
That leaves you practically unable to install many applications (or any if you have the 512 version).
Thankfully, I've found this mirror that finally comes with a decent system storage of 16gb!
Check it out:

https://youtu.be/fW_PavSv91k

Specs:
Android 5.0
MediaTek 8382 Quad core @ 1.3 Ghz
1GB Ram
16GB System Storage
Mali 400 MP
SD up to 32GB
1280x480 6.86 Screen
1080p DVR
3G + Wifi

Reactions: MrWilsonxD

jlodvo

Jul 13, 2012
I have have the same rearview camera in the video but mine is Chinese version, is their a way to flash it to be the same in the video? with google play ? can someone help me flash a firmware or has the firmware to the American version thanks

DaFlash

Sep 15, 2012
I have this mirror as well. It's nice but.........

I also have this mirror. It works pretty much as advertised but, the data connection is garbage! Most of the time I get good signal strength but no service. When I do get service, the best speed that I've gotten is >0.20 Mbps!! I'm not sure if it's the firmware or hardware that's causing the problem. I've tried it all over So Cal and parts of Vegas with the same result. I'm thinking about opening it up to see if I can make improvements.

Model number = cm84
Build number = LRX21M dev-keys
Custom build version = ALPS.LO.MP2.V1.9_CM84_V1.7.6
android VERSION 5.0

Has anyone gotten a steady data (not wifi) connection with this device??

DarkFlasher

Oct 18, 2010
New Jersey
I'm having the same issue DaFlash. I tried setting up FreedomPop but never get any data. I am able to get 2G with my TMobile sim card but I need that for my phone. It would be great if someone had some advice on how to improve that. Thanks

LEBAHRY

Sep 11, 2012
I have an idea

so i thought id like to see if someone truly got in there, so we can make a rom that is capable of showing text messages and more stuff from the phone?. the prototype will then be pitched to california gov. as a solution for texting and driving.

TWRP from 4PDA for those who cannot register there due to captcha.

Thanks to 4PDA (maxizbrovarov)!

Cheers

emadhsobhy

Oct 3, 2018
problem with using rear camera continuously

i have this mirror mod. alps lo mp2 v1.9 cm84
i want to use the preview always showing me the rear camera
When i want to use the rear camera continuously it change after few minutes to front cam., why? how i can use the rare cam continuously
(the problem not in recording but in preview and using the mirror to see what behind me while driving my car)
can you help me

tweakradje

When i want to use the rear camera continuously it change after few minutes to front cam., why? how i can use the rare cam continuously
(the problem not in recording but in preview and using the mirror to see what behind me while driving my car)
can you help me

Maybe in /system/custom.prop

#camera preview on fullscreen mode when ACC ON
persist.acc.on.cam.fullscreen=rear

xn1337

Apr 4, 2012
Bribie Island
can you help me

not quite sure what you are seeing but I do know how to get it to show rear continuously,

tap driving video, settings(bottom right), auto exit preview, set to never exit preview.
now when you set the driving video to rear it will stay like that.

emadhsobhy

Oct 3, 2018
Maybe in /system/custom.prop

#camera preview on fullscreen mode when ACC ON
persist.acc.on.cam.fullscreen=rear

i can not find this option in setting

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

not quite sure what you are seeing but I do know how to get it to show rear continuously,

tap driving video, settings(bottom right), auto exit preview, set to never exit preview.
now when you set the driving video to rear it will stay like that.

i made this but when i drive my car i found it jump from front to rear and after few time back to rear many times so it not fixed with rear camera

silvertears

Jan 26, 2016
Help on my cm84

I need help with my android rear mirror model cm84. Need to reset it to factory settings since got stuck at boot - Android Upgrading Optimizing 1app of 1. Reset button wont work.

levanvy83

Apr 13, 2007
My CM84 is now dead ar black screen after firmware updated.
The flash tool showed succesfully updated however it never wake up again.
I flashed using this HD900 from 4pda.
Any advice on hiw to wake it up?
Thanks.

tweakradje

Did you use SP Flash tool?

Make sure you have the "Mediatek VCOM Preloader" port driver installed

The easiest way to reflash it is like this (general Mediatek method):

- unplug usb from your mirror
- start SP Flash tool
- load and select the image parts you want to flash (I only do boot and system)
- click the Donwload button
- plug in the usb cable from your PC into your mirror

Maybe you need to hold the switch on the mirror for 10+ seconds
Maybe you need to use a pin to press the reset button on the top/back of the mirror

SP Flash tool will recognize it and starts flashing

Had a lot of "bricked" devices in my life. Never a problem.

DON'T flash anything other than boot and system. Don't do LK and whatever you have. In 99,9% of the cases not necessary.

Cheers

levanvy83

Apr 13, 2007
Did you use SP Flash tool?

Make sure you have the "Mediatek VCOM Preloader" port driver installed

The easiest way to reflash it is like this (general Mediatek method):

- unplug usb from your mirror
- start SP Flash tool
- load and select the image parts you want to flash (I only do boot and system)
- click the Donwload button
- plug in the usb cable from your PC into your mirror

Maybe you need to hold the switch on the mirror for 10+ seconds
Maybe you need to use a pin to press the reset button on the top/back of the mirror

SP Flash tool will recognize it and starts flashing

Had a lot of "bricked" devices in my life. Never a problem.

DON'T flash anything other than boot and system. Don't do LK and whatever you have. In 99,9% of the cases not necessary.

Cheers

Yes I used Flash Tool to flash the firmware. Actually I have flashed firmware for this device several time but suddenly this time after flashing it never wake up again.

I will try to install Mediatek VCOM Preloader and flash again.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!
    As I've read, and also experienced myself, one of the big issues these Android Rearview mirrors have is that they only come with either 512mb or 1gb or system storage.
    That leaves you practically unable to install many applications (or any if you have the 512 version).
    Thankfully, I've found this mirror that finally comes with a decent system storage of 16gb!
    Check it out:

https://youtu.be/fW_PavSv91k

Specs:
    Android 5.0
    MediaTek 8382 Quad core @ 1.3 Ghz
    1GB Ram
    16GB System Storage
    Mali 400 MP
    SD up to 32GB
    1280x480 6.86 Screen
    1080p DVR
    3G + Wifi