[Q] Phone not rooted, but still stuck on fastboot mode

Search This thread

BicycleKiller

Jun 27, 2010
Hi,

Last week, I spilled a bit of beer on my Huawei Ascend G700. The phone started to turn the volume down at random moments when there were no buttons touched. I figured it was best to turn it off, pull out the battery, and let the phone dry.

It's been a few days now, but when I try to start the phone now, the only thing that happens is that only "=> FASTBOOT mode..." is showed in the bottom left corner. Nothing else, and it stays there until I pull the battery out.

I have tried disassembling the phone and clean it as far as I could, but it made no difference.

If I push the volume up button together with the power button it starts the recovery mode, but I can't do anything from there. And I can't connect to phone to my computer. (It isn't recognized).

I have found similar problems online, but with the difference that I have not rooted this phone. Is there a way to get the phone back working? I would like to keep the original firmware, if possible. For I can't think of a reason why it would be helpful to still try to root the phone.

So, the only thing that happened before my phone freaked out is that I have spilled a bit of beer on it (only a few drops, phone was in a case). Never rooted the phone. Phone was only a month old. I think it is running on android 4.2, but I'm not sure.

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
I think the volume down button is still making contact somehow as the beer has not dried off. Or maybe the button is being pressed somehow. I say this because when You power on an Android phone with power down key, it usually boots into fast boot. Try cleaning again.

BicycleKiller

Jun 27, 2010
I think the volume down button is still making contact somehow as the beer has not dried off. Or maybe the button is being pressed somehow. I say this because when You power on an Android phone with power down key, it usually boots into fast boot. Try cleaning again.

I tried. I disconnected the connection cable from the volume button, but it doesn't make any difference.