"Unable to start Camera" "Unable to initialize camera"

Search This thread

jeffbeach

Feb 9, 2007
After months of trouble free use my camera dies today. When I try to launch the camera I get the following message "Unable to start Camera" "Unable to initialize camera". I saw an earlier post where the fix was to power down and remove the battery for a few minutes. Unfortunately this did not work for me. I waited approximately 15 minutes before installing the battery and powering up again.

Has anyone elese seen this problem before? And where removing the battery has not helped. I have not tried a Hard Reset. I had a similar problem with my Hermes/838 Pro that was fixed with a hard reset. As you can tell I am trying to avoid the hard reset... I am traveling and do not want to take the time to cutomize my phone, at least not yet.

I am running the original shipped ROM 1.23.707.6
Meanining I have not flashed any ROMs to this phone. It is as shipped from Dopod.

sweetdevil

Jan 19, 2007
Vienna
hi i have the same problem since months ... something you have explored? do u have some informations to fix this problem?

YYYYY

Sep 29, 2006
Tunis
Extract this package, and copy all files to the windows directory via Resco Explorer(alle files(.DLL) muts be visible, look at the options of this app) and overwrite the existing files, then softreset, Im not sure if this will work for you, so be sure and make a backup first!
http://www.poigps.com/users/emme/CameraGPS.rar

ww2250

Mar 30, 2007
It really seems a software problem, probably some rom files or registries got corrupted. A reinstall may help, if not, you may still need the ultimate hard reset :D

jeffbeach

Feb 9, 2007
I wound uptaking my 810 back to the Dopod service center. The guy said they had to replace my camera. What that means and if that can actually be done I am not sure. I would guess they replaced an entire board. They did re-flash the ROM on my phone as well. Prioir to taking the phone in for service I had not tried to re-flash the rom. I had only done a hard reset with no success.

One side light of my camera going down is... They put the same ROM back on my phone that was previously installed. After the service I have noticed that my GPS gets a "cold" fix much faster than before (twice as fast +/-)

eldaria

Jul 3, 2007
Amsterdam
Interesting, I had this exact same error, but on my previous phone, a Samsung D900.
They tried everything, including completely wiping the phone, but nothing helped so in the end they replaced the camera in the phone.

timmey78

Feb 24, 2007
ålesund
mainboard error on mine

htc service replaced the camera module twice before they replaced mainboard and cured my phone. I had this problem the first 6 months with my p3600.
Try taking a softreset with the camera on. this worked for me a couple of times
Regards

xiance78

Apr 16, 2008
Having the same problem but on front camera ..

Hi,

I having a similar problem but with my secondary (front side) camera. I'm using Dopod D810 with WM6.0.

So, any solutions on this ?

Regards,

Daneal

sirus.ss

Nov 1, 2015
I have problem Unable to start Camera in htc desire 500
I reset factory but I have this problem. I don't known.what can I do???? please help me
this my number phone 09192561895 in IRAN