Micro SD Card Problems

Search This thread

mikefly562

Oct 28, 2010
Kirkland, WA
Thanks all for advice. I think the card went bad. I have to admit....I really HATE MicroSD cards with a passion. It truly is the worst memory format of all time. Way too unreliable across multiple devices. I wish these phones could be designed to take standard SD cards instead. I've gone through too many of these garbage microSD cards. Is there any good brands out there or are they all bad in general? ...thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

livingaboard

Jan 29, 2012
there are multiple posts on here about the card being bad or the reader being bad. I know if I have a 32 Sandisk Ultra and it starts having mount/unmount issues and then it fails to be recognized on my phone or macbook, then it is most likely the card. If I then put a 16gb card into the same phone and same computer that I just attempted to use the 32 gb card on, and the 16 gb card works, then it isn't the phone or phone reader or computer or computer reader.

Some of these 32 gb Sandisk Ultra cards are pure s h it ...no other way to put it. I am using one right now, again, after having my 32gb crap out on me. So far, so could with a few ROM flashes as well. I am not sure if they are designed for crap or I got a decent card on my second try. If I ever have another problem with my 32 gb Sandisk Ultra then I will switch brands for sure.

as I have posted before. I think there may be an aspect of stray electronic voltage from electrostatic discharge happening when handling the card. It is such a small card that it is almost impossible to avoid touching the contacts. The larger sd card is much easier to handle and avoid this issue.. I am very careful now with my handling procedures.

mikefly562

Oct 28, 2010
Kirkland, WA
I just ordered a Samsung 'Plus' 32gb class 10 UHS-1 card, which samsung claims is waterproof, magnet proof, and shock proof. Hopefully I'll have better luck with it. It was approx $32 on eBay with free shipping from Fremont, CA. Seller had high ratings, so hopefully it is a legitimate card. We'll see what happens.

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Thats the route I went with after 4 cards from SanDisk that all failed! This card works great no regrets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

unL33T

Jan 30, 2008
Ontario
I've had issues with SanDisk, Kingston, PNY, all of them. Never tried a Samsung.

Used to get corrupted data all the time on my HTC TouchPro2 and P4000 but they had issues with the USB connector so I thought it was related to the phone constantly switching in and out of card reader mode when connected to a PC (usually just for charging).

Recently I went on a trip to the Yukon and ran a dashcam in the form of a Drift HD170 Stealth and one day it turned up corrupted and lost all my video for the whole day. Luckily I was able to recover it with some software.

Just the other day I was using my Note2 and decided to check some files I had on my 16GB SD card that was about 12GB full. Nothing on the card. Tried to recover it and found a few large files (mostly movies and a couple of PSX ISOs) but all the photos I had on it were gone. Luckily they were just a few of my favorite Draw Something sketches I had saved (most of which I had put on FB so it's even less of a big deal) and I had left most of my other photos on the phone itself so that's ok but I definitely could have lost a lot more, especially if I wasn't so used to having to recover data from things.

Was worried I lost all my progress in Chrono Trigger that I was playing through on the phone but the save files are stored on the internal memory so I'm ok since the ISO recovered.

Maybe I'll try a Samsung brand card next.

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Just had a problem with my wife's S4 and a Wintec 32gb class 10. I just had it replaced and will see if it fails.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    there are multiple posts on here about the card being bad or the reader being bad. I know if I have a 32 Sandisk Ultra and it starts having mount/unmount issues and then it fails to be recognized on my phone or macbook, then it is most likely the card. If I then put a 16gb card into the same phone and same computer that I just attempted to use the 32 gb card on, and the 16 gb card works, then it isn't the phone or phone reader or computer or computer reader.

Some of these 32 gb Sandisk Ultra cards are pure s h it ...no other way to put it. I am using one right now, again, after having my 32gb crap out on me. So far, so could with a few ROM flashes as well. I am not sure if they are designed for crap or I got a decent card on my second try. If I ever have another problem with my 32 gb Sandisk Ultra then I will switch brands for sure.

as I have posted before. I think there may be an aspect of stray electronic voltage from electrostatic discharge happening when handling the card. It is such a small card that it is almost impossible to avoid touching the contacts. The larger sd card is much easier to handle and avoid this issue.. I am very careful now with my handling procedures.
    I seem to be having trouble with my SANDISK 32GB Class 10 micro SD card. When I first got the Note II in November, I had a PNY card that was giving me trouble, so I got the SANDISK card to replace it. it's been reliable until this morning, in that the card lost all data, and even after reformatting it, it seems to work for about 10 minutes, thenphone does not recognize it. It's been trouble free for almost 3 months.

I seem to read that these SD cards on the Note II is extremely unreliable in general. Perhaps I need to switch brands. What would the very very very best brand of the micro SD card would you recommend? What micro SD card would be the most durable? I've always thought that SANDISK was good, but how about other brands? I'd like to keep using a 32GB Class 10 card if possible. I'm looking to use a card that will last more than 3 months.

Also, I'm completely stock on my phone...as I did not do any rooting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW...I love the Note II!!

Thanks,
    Mike
    A class 10 64GB sandisk card has been in my Note 2 since the day I received the phone. I haven't had any issues with it, and have about 20GB of space left.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Micro...SDQU-064G-AFFP-A/dp/B009QZH6JS/ref=pd_cp_pc_0
    It was on sale for ~$40 last November

Running Stock, unrooted.
    Same problem here. Had the 32gb sandisk class 10 for about 3 weeks and now everyime I turn the phone on it said sd card unexpectedly remove. Tried switching to the pny 32gb class 10 and the same thing happened. Is there a fix for this, and how is the samsung 32gb class 10 sd card?

My Sandisk 32 GB also had this issue. Can you expand on the steps you took to get Sandisk to replace your card?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Contcted through their website first, then called their customer service number for their site. It will go faster if you tell them it is mounting and un mounting in your phone and doing the same on your computer. Because my computer would register it, I they wanted to wait and see if it would fail on my mac. I believe the response to my online query through their site got me response to send it back. They sent me a packing label and everything.

Sorry to ramble, but go through their site and you will have a new one in about 7 days.

If none of this made sense, sorry, I'm tired. Pm me questions and I will do my best to be more clear. Good luck.

Sent using Galaxy Note 2 w/ CleanROM 4.0.5