[Q] Can I return Samsung ROM?

Search This thread

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
I'm new to flashing and still need my hand held! I flashed my Mega 6.3 to Cyanagenmod 11 a couple of weeks ago but have now decided I'd like to return to a Samsung factory ROM. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a step-by-step guide or tutorial for doing this? Thanks.

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Did you backup your original Samsung ROM before flashing cm. If so you should be able to just restore following a full wipe. If not you have two options download a custom stock ROM and follow their guide or download an Odin flashable ROM from sammobile.com and flash in Odin mode guide in their site. Bare in mind latest stock ROMs come with Knox so choose carfully

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
Did you backup your original Samsung ROM before flashing cm. If so you should be able to just restore following a full wipe. If not you have two options download a custom stock ROM and follow their guide or download an Odin flashable ROM from sammobile.com and flash in Odin mode guide in their site. Bare in mind latest stock ROMs come with Knox so choose carfully

Many thanks. No, I didn't back up the Samsung ROM. I'm afraid I don't understand what "flash in Odin mode guide in their site" means. I also don't know what "Knox" is - so I'm certainly not qualified to make a careful choice of anything! This is what I mean about needing my handheld; I really do need a step-by-step tutorial.

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Well Knox is Samsung's latest security software it kinda is a pain to root a device without tripping the efuse. And can interference with root apps. The latter can be overcome but is a pain.

There is a thread in this section on latest Samsung ROMs and Knox so worth a read. As for Odin. That is Samsung service center software which is freely avail able it flashes a full fat stock ROM inc modems etc from your PC over USB. You will need Samsung USB drivers installed easiest way and safest is download Samsung lies from their site install inc USB option. Then once finished uninstall leaving USB drivers.
You will find Odin guides everywhere on Google and it's relatively simple. Get ya rom from sammobile. Open Odin. Select ROM in Odin earlier versions you would put it under PDA. Put phone in download mode by powering off the phone then holding volume down and the home button press power on and hold for a few seconds. Your phone enters download mode (you may have to confirm by pressing volume button but screen will tell u this) your phone should then appear in Odin by showing a coloured com port box and number. Then click start. Just make sure you don't disconnect the cable and ensure phone has good charge left

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
Well Knox is Samsung's latest security software it kinda is a pain to root a device without tripping the efuse. And can interference with root apps. The latter can be overcome but is a pain.

There is a thread in this section on latest Samsung ROMs and Knox so worth a read. As for Odin. That is Samsung service center software which is freely avail able it flashes a full fat stock ROM inc modems etc from your PC over USB. You will need Samsung USB drivers installed easiest way and safest is download Samsung lies from their site install inc USB option. Then once finished uninstall leaving USB drivers.
You will find Odin guides everywhere on Google and it's relatively simple. Get ya rom from sammobile. Open Odin. Select ROM in Odin earlier versions you would put it under PDA. Put phone in download mode by powering off the phone then holding volume down and the home button press power on and hold for a few seconds. Your phone enters download mode (you may have to confirm by pressing volume button but screen will tell u this) your phone should then appear in Odin by showing a coloured com port box and number. Then click start. Just make sure you don't disconnect the cable and ensure phone has good charge left

Cheers. I used ODIN to flash cm11 onto the phone, so as long as it's as straightforward as just doing the same that again I should be fine. I'm just concerned about having to make decisions between doing A or B, but if, as you indicate; all I need to do is source the Samsung ROM and Flash it via Odin, I think I can manage that!
Thanks again for the help.

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
No worries if you look at sammobile you will find the stock ROMs for your model safest way is to pick the first build for your country the latest contain Knox. If you let me know the model number urs is and country I'll get you the direct link to the download

AidanBell

Jul 3, 2009
No worries if you look at sammobile you will find the stock ROMs for your model safest way is to pick the first build for your country the latest contain Knox. If you let me know the model number urs is and country I'll get you the direct link to the download

Thanks very much. It's a GT-I9205, United Kingdom.