[Q] Can anyone with the Epic 4G confirm the lack of TV OUT?

Search This thread

SEANprizzle

Sep 1, 2010
I read on another site that Samsung/Sprint removed the TV OUT function from the EPIC 4G. I am specifically referring to the 3.5mm to RCA cable that would allow you to view whatever was on your phone on your TV.

I know that you can use the DLNA function to stream to your DLNA TV/PS3/XBOX or buy the USB to HDMI to do this but I already bought the NOKIA cables that would allow me to use the 3.5mm jack to do the same thing (though not HD) like you can on the Captivate and Vibrant.

Thanks to anyone who can take the time to confirm/deny this rumor. I sure hope this is BS coming from an EPIC hater.

BTW: I ordered my phones (1 for me and 1 for my wife) through Sprint Telesales and now have to wait for them to ship otherwise I would check this myself ;)

Last edited:

sling

Aug 7, 2007
Va Beach / Hatteras NC
I read on another site that Samsung/Sprint removed the TV OUT function from the EPIC 4G. I am specifically referring to the 3.5mm to RCA cable that would allow you to view whatever was on your phone on your TV.

I know that you can use the DLNA function to stream to your DLNA TV/PS3/XBOX or buy the USB to HDMI to do this but I already bought the NOKIA cables that would allow me to use the 3.5mm jack to do the same thing (though not HD) like you can on the Captivate and Vibrant.

Thanks to anyone who can take the time to confirm/deny this rumor. I sure hope this is BS coming from an EPIC hater.
Nope doesn't worked , Samsung & Sprint did the CDMA cripple,

SEANprizzle

Sep 1, 2010
There is no TV out with the Epic. It's been confirmed all over the internet. We can only hope it will be put back in once the Epic gets TW 3.0 + Froyo.
SON OF A .....

This was a major feature that I was looking forward to using. It would have been great to use at hotels and my mom's where she is one step above rabbit ears ;)

Would either of you know if the USB to HDMI cable would allow us to use the TV OUT function or is it DLNA only?