Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread
Dec 18, 2012
Hi,
Make sure you close samsung kies when you try to use odin.
As for flashing anything from odin, you will need to boot into download mode (vol. Down + power + home) after switching phone off. Then press vol. up, you will see a warning, first and after that comes the downloading screen.

Now make sure drivers are installed correctly, open odin, and now connect phone with usb cable, wait for some time till it shows a yellow box saying COM : ID xxx , something like that and now you can flash relevent files through relevent options. Wait for pass (green) signal and you're done.

That seems crazy, if it shows flight mode, you should also not be able to recieve calls. Seems a problem with the rom. Try wiping cache/dalvick cache /data from cwm/twrp and see if it fixes the bug. If not contact the rom developer or flash another/stock rom and reflash CM 10.1 to see if the problem persists.

Also welcome. ;)

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD

Problem is the thread is in a dev section, and i need to make my post count reach 10 :)
so i will have to wait hehe

jumi1174

May 2, 2013
Just got a HTC One, and I'm extremely new to the "rooting" scene.

I followed the tutorial in this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182792&page=9) to unlock the bootloader (whatever that means...), and my phone was completely reset. Is that normal?

Also, will I still be able to get OTA updates from just unlocking the bootloader?

Another one, if/when I do get a custom ROM, (1) will I get OTAs? (2) will my phone be reset again?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, that thread continues after unlocking the bootloader as if the phone had stayed on. Mine turned off. Is that the normal operation? Am I supposed to turn the phone back on in the special mode to continue with the tutorial?

EDIT 2: Can i be rooted and still run the stock OS?

Last edited:
B

Bruce Wayne

Just got a HTC One, and I'm extremely new to the "rooting" scene.

I followed the tutorial in this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182792&page=9) to unlock the bootloader (whatever that means...), and my phone was completely reset. Is that normal?

Also, will I still be able to get OTA updates from just unlocking the bootloader?

Another one, if/when I do get a custom ROM, (1) will I get OTAs? (2) will my phone be reset again?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, that thread continues after unlocking the bootloader as if the phone had stayed on. Mine turned off. Is that the normal operation? Am I supposed to turn the phone back on in the special mode to continue with the tutorial?

EDIT 2: Can i be rooted and still run the stock OS?

Well, as I myself don't have a HTC device, I cannot be sure of the processes and results of your phone rooting/unlocking method.

I'll try to answer some of your questions.
You can check that yourself by trying to see if any actual update available is shown or not.

Depends on the rom you flash. If the dev gives updates, you'll recieve them. Also your phone will be reset.

Can i be rooted and still run the stock OS?
Why not?

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
I'm back.... No luck... Still fails after trying to FLASH:
boot-insecure-bmb1-recovery-SCHI535.tar
And computer says this...
Hardware Id missing
windows cannot identify device plugged into the Samsung mobile USB composite device.
Odin says:
Get Pit for mapping..
firmware update start!!
boot.img
FAIL! (Auth)
All threads completed.
(succeed 0, failed 1)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Madeeee

Apr 29, 2013
Is there a way to flash anything that provides micrsoft exchange on my phone. It runnes on CM 10.1 atm.

B

Bruce Wayne

I'm back.... No luck... Still fails after trying to FLASH:
boot-insecure-bmb1-recovery-SCHI535.tar
And computer says this...
Hardware Id missing
windows cannot identify device plugged into the Samsung mobile USB composite device.
Odin says:
Get Pit for mapping..
firmware update start!!
boot.img
FAIL! (Auth)
All threads completed.
(succeed 0, failed 1)

Had you got this yellow signal on odin after connecting the device?
Capture.jpg

If not then there is problem with the drivers installed. Download them again and see if it works.

And also sorry for late reply, I have exams coming up in two days, so I hardly follow my earlier xda schedule.

brunek

Jan 3, 2013
When I install Swype and try to write a message swype wont start,it just states a note that it has broke down..I tryed to uninstall and install it several times and it`s always the same..

B

Bruce Wayne

When I install Swype and try to write a message swype wont start,it just states a note that it has broke down..I tryed to uninstall and install it several times and it`s always the same..

Aah,
swype won't work properly. Its a problem with Axt9me (or something like that) app and its libs. You'll have to get the beta or purchase the original one from market. I can't help you on that since it may up again to piracy etc. sorry for that.

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
Update:
Officialphonerebel cf-auto-root method
USED Odin3_v1.85 versus Odin3_v3.7 unlocked bootloader, root, flash bootchain

B

Bruce Wayne

Update:
USED Odin3_v1.85 versus Odin3_v3.7 unlocked bootloader, root, flash bootchain

???
Confused.

And oh for my last pic, odin v3 3.7 will sho you blue colored box with COM : ID xxx instead of yellow. Please do explain what happened as I am unable to make any meaning out of it.

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
Update:
USED Odin3_v1.85 versus Odin3_v3.7 unlocked bootloader, root, flash bootchain.
Okay... in the the Samsung SG3 toolkit it has me do every thing through PDA. Cf-auto-root has me do both.
1st in the bootloader I flash :
VRALEC.bootchain.tar.Md5
(Unlocked)
2nd IN PDA I flash CF-auto-Root-d2vzw-d2vzw-svhi535.tar.md5
(Rooted)
3rd BOOTLOADER: I flash
VRBMB1_Bootchain.tar.md5
(?) lol

Last edited:

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
Okay rooted.
Want to remove wi-fi notification. Should I search forum, and try the Sqlite Editor again? Risk messing up phone again... First phone try, ended up resting phone and couldn't Re-download Sqlite.
Or can/should I flash custom rom that will do the same?
Another thing, cannot move apps to sdcard. When I try it says:
Failed, may be phone does not support moving apps to USB storage.
Can this be changed?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

???
Confused.

And oh for my last pic, odin v3 3.7 will sho you blue colored box with COM : ID xxx instead of yellow. Please do explain what happened as I am unable to make any meaning out of it.
Odin3_v3.7 blue
Odin3_v1.85 yellow

Last edited:

gd123

May 2, 2013
Customizing cm10 rom

I want to combine a cm10 d2usc stable rom (us cellular rom for GS3) with pdroid manager.

I read this article

can't post it... Will pm if anyone has solution or answer or just wants link

They have cm10 with pdroid in it, but I need the rom I downloaded for my specific device, to have it. Is it possible to just install pdroid through CWM? I also recall that the roms having to be deodexed. Here is more info on deodexing. Link---->: can't post it... Will pm if anyone has solution or answer or just wants link

Dec 21, 2012
johannesburg
bummed

Hi, i am fairly new to rooting and flashing but ive succesfully managed rooting and updating my ascend p1 u9200 to the official emui jellybean 4.1 update released by huawei. I couldnt just upgrade because my build was not supported so it was a process of rooting changing build.prop and finaly upgrading. Now i want to actually load a custom rom for my u9200, a rom based on android 4.2. A stable one, please if u may assist but dirrecting me to the right instructions including a goid stable rom i would greatly apreciate it. Please also take into consideration that i only rooted my phone once and so i might need detailed instructions for rookies. Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know Iran is under some sanctions,so i can pay you only in Iran Rial (IR)
    No access to global money transfer systems
    Its 2024. There's bitcoin and the dark-web to name a few. Payments COULD be made if your were truly willing. The fact you also posted on the "Your Google Play Store is blocked? Search/request your app here!" thread and even tagged/quoted the OP, who hasn't posted for years, makes it clear you are not looking to pay, so please dont pretend, the fact I explained how it could be done yourself above, and still you ask for someone else to solve YOUR problem for you., makes it clear you have no intention to pay for it or even do any attempted work to satisfy your needs. And then come back as the victim of your restrictive region. PS it could of been simply done by yourself without creating an APK.

And to be clear, your playstore is NOT blocked, you also wish for someone else to search and find an app for you, to again, satisfy your needs, for free, Don't play the victim, and so badly. Your post is technically OT on that thread. (loved to have seen what it was before it had to be edited by a moderator....)
    Hello I am searching for an independent app (not app shortcuts/widgets) that could toggle playback state, on it's launch -functionable on every stock media player or any third party apps.

It could be as simple as possible that even having not any UI ! (Like a shortcut I've already created via the app Power-Shortcut)

‏i searched app's stores with no luck, Does anyone know such an app or could develop one please?
    If your launcher can support it, it can be achieved with a one line script. Triggered by your launcher, and set a custom icon.

input keyevent 85;

Where 85=KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
    I'm using Redmi system launcher and not planning to use any 3rd party one .So could you please turn it into a simple apk?
    And how much are you paying me? :rolleyes:
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II