[ROM][4.4.2][flteatt/jfltecan/jflteusc/] Official VanirAOSP Nightlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Joulez

May 8, 2013
PA 0 day?

I get nothing but FC from the app unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Are you restoring any apps with TiBu? If you are, start over and don't use TiBu to see if that helps. Maybe you are restoring system data or something.

My procedure which has never failed: do a clean wipe (data, cache, dalvik, system, internal card for bonus points), then flash the rom and the PA 0 Day gapps, allow Google to download and reinstall apps. Google Services should also update itself. When all done, reboot. Done.

I also get the FC on Google Now, I tried with both PA Gapps from the OP, where can i find that PA 0 Day gapps you talk about?

Wickidmasshole

Account currently disabled
Apr 4, 2012
Boston Mass
When you are in an app and get an incoming call, instead of the whole screen lighting up it only shows the option to answer or decline on the bottom of the screen, i love that. Is that a system tweak or is it possible for someone to make me a flashable zip of that for me?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

forbidinjustice

Jun 5, 2009
Fort Hood, TX
The ROM is brilliant, I was happy with it but that was very short-lived. I understand it's the latest nightly that I'm running, but these seem to be rather major issues, all in the 2 days since the initial flash.
1. FC (Clock) immediately after every restart
2. Woke the screen and volume rocker wouldn't respond. Had to restart the phone.
3. Entire device froze, rebooted itself.
4. Went to access SD card and it said "No External Storage Available" as if it just unmounted itself.

Not sure what's up. I like the ROM otherwise, some great features that I haven't seen anywhere else. I'll try it another time.

calvin35

Dec 29, 2011
Is anyone else having issues with the kernel that comes with this ROM? The animations are very stuttery and seems to get worse the more I use the phone. This has been a problem for me for a while now. Vanir is my favorite rom and everything is fine once I flash the Alucard kernel but I was just wondering if I was the only one experiencing issues with the kernel that comes with the ROM? I would like to add that Vanir has the best battery life and is the fastest ROM out there.

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:

rush381

Apr 7, 2011
Calgary
Been using this ROM for months, thanks to the dev. One problem. Has anyone experienced issues with the screen not waking sometimes? The buttons light up but screen doesn't. Great otherwise!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

awakener777

I love this ROM. I hadn't realized it was even here until today and installed it. I keep it on my nexus 7. Now that I have it on my s4, is there anyway to have call recording? Idk if it's just not a possibility on aosp ROMs or what but it's one feature I find very important and it's available on all touch wiz roms I can think of. Thanks

ks3rv3rg

Apr 29, 2012
I love this ROM. I hadn't realized it was even here until today and installed it. I keep it on my nexus 7. Now that I have it on my s4, is there anyway to have call recording? Idk if it's just not a possibility on aosp ROMs or what but it's one feature I find very important and it's available on all touch wiz roms I can think of. Thanks

Do call recording apps from the play store work? I've never needed to try this personally so I'm curious.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

awakener777

Do call recording apps from the play store work? I've never needed to try this personally so I'm curious.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Every app I tried records through the microphone so you really only hear yourself unless it's on speaker phone. Real call recording records through the phone line. All touch wiz Roms seem to have this as well as my HTC phones. I remember with the HTC phones it was mostly kernel related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts