HTC Shift Windows Vista Drivers.

Search This thread

caferacerobsessed

Dec 21, 2012
Hi there guys I'm just about to install Windows 7 onto a recently purchased Shift and all the links I was clicking on to get the original drivers for Vista had gone dead and even on HTC's website the links did not appear to be there. So after a bit of looking nothing came up so me being the impatient person I am I directly emailed HTC and asked them for em and they sent me a link to them. So if anyone has had trouble getting these drivers (its probably only me) here's the link HTC sent me for the drivers.

( www .htc.com/us/ support/ htc-shift-sprint/ software- updates ) (I'm new to the forum so they wont let me put a link into my tread so remember to remove the spaces out of the link.

If for some reason the link does not work send me a mail and I can give you the files myself.

Here's whats on the website.

HTC Shift Driver Updates_Intel Chipset Driver (2.0 MB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Intel VGA Driver (16.8 MB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Vista EC Driver (582 KB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Touch Screen Driver (2.5 MB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Synaptics Micro Pad Drive (5.3 MB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Realtek Audio Driver (42.5 MB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Vitakey AC5023 Fingerprint (46.1 MB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Extension Kit Driver (24.8 KB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Control Center (3.6 MB)
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Marvell WiFi driver (3.8 MB)

Also if this thread is in the wrong section of the forum I apologies.

All the best
caferacerobsessed

SSSerJJJ

Nov 18, 2008
Hello! I need the driver
HTC Shift Driver Updates_Extension Driver Kit (24.8 KB)
send them to me please on mail ( andrei.nazarov07@mail.ru )
Thanks in advance!

packkman

Feb 3, 2013
e

all you guys had to do was type : "htc shift drivers" into google

www htc com/us/support/news aspx?p_id=589&p_name=htc-shift-%28sprint%29

dl3 htc com/htc_na/software_downloads/htc_shift_sprint_vista_intel_chipset_driver zip

i only replied because there have been some files that i needed that weren't available in Google and people still have re uplaoded or have copies in their personal servers or still serve torrents.

massive thanks to those to are keeping some old files alive, thanks

Attachments

• htc_shift_sprint_touchscreen.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 4,078
  • htc_shift_sprint_vista_intel_chipset_driver.zip
    2 MB · Views: 3,282
  • htc_shift_sprint_shagctrl_control_center.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 3,479
  • htc_shift_sprint_extension_kit_usb_landriver.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 3,239
  • htc_shift_sprint_synaptics_micropad.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 3,140
Last edited:
Reactions: SSSerJJJ

jepenyot

Mar 27, 2009
I need help please

So I had put Windows 8 on my shift a few months back and now I want to go back to Windows 7.

I installed windows fine then I came to install the drivers (yes I put compatibility mode for Vista and ran each one as an administrator) and after I install either the Intel VGA driver or the Synaptics MicroPad I get the blue screen of death on every boot-up after installing either driver. I've reinstalled windows 7 many times to restart this process and tried it in different orders yet still get stuck on either one of those two. Yes I followed the instructions in an another thread with the order of how to install them yet I still fail to complete them without getting a blue screen of death. I updated the bios and everything. :confused:

Also after trying to install the wifi drivers it always says fail, and after reboot the system still doesn't recognize that I have a wireless card in my Shift :mad:

I really love my Shift and I want to get it back up and running with Windows 7. Any help would be great please.

Thank you

datahop

Jul 14, 2013
Hi Guys,
this really will sound like a n00b question, but I really don't know what to do.
I do have the drivers, but I don't see the wireless hardware under device manager... should it be there? how to I install it if I don't have a device to install it to?

Thanks

Last edited:

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
Oh, marvell 8686 often is only shown as "unknown device" (if at all).
You have to download driver right out of one of the threads here,
then manually install it (remember vista compatibility),
going "have disk" / "browse computer".
Critical windows system updates often replace it by some microsoft driver,
and even system restore doesn't bring it back.

btw: latest driver can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x85m0c2ka95dn9v/Marvell_SD8686.rar

Last edited:

datahop

Jul 14, 2013
Oh, marvell 8686 often is only shown as "unknown device" (if at all).
You have to download driver right out of one of the threads here,
then manually install it (remember vista compatibility),
going "have disk" / "browse computer".
Critical windows system updates often replace it by some microsoft driver,
and even system restore doesn't bring it back.

Thanks for that. Will give it a try.

g_telos

Feb 19, 2016
Hi there guys I'm just about to install Windows 7 onto a recently purchased Shift and all the links I was clicking on to get the original drivers for Vista had gone dead and even on HTC's website the links did not appear to be there. So after a bit of looking nothing came up so me being the impatient person I am I directly emailed HTC and asked them for em and they sent me a link to them. So if anyone has had trouble getting these drivers (its probably only me) here's the link HTC sent me for the drivers.

( www .htc.com/us/ support/ htc-shift-sprint/ software- updates ) (I'm new to the forum so they wont let me put a link into my tread so remember to remove the spaces out of the link.

If for some reason the link does not work send me a mail and I can give you the files myself.

All the best
caferacerobsessed

Hello my friend,

A few days ago an HTC Shift ended on my hands and I am straggling with the drivers, could you please send me the drivers you mention above?

Thanks in advance,
Stelios

jomamon26

Apr 24, 2017

All the best
caferacerobsessed

hello i have a htc shift and i need the drivers but i can´t download from the link can you send me the drivers please?
my email is jm.motabacete@gmail.com

jazzjazz66

May 6, 2017
HTC Shift

Hi.I have bought a HTC Shift/Clio/X9500 device with Win7 (32bit)Home Premium. It works whitout Wifi and Touch screen! Touch screen works when i switch to Mobile-side or what it calls? What should i do to get Wifi and Touch to work? I have downloaded all kind´s off drivers but nothing seems to work!
My email: jozujazz44@gmail.com

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
Hi.I have bought a HTC Shift/Clio/X9500 device with Win7 (32bit)Home Premium. It works whitout Wifi and Touch screen! Touch screen works when i switch to Mobile-side or what it calls? What should i do to get Wifi and Touch to work? I have downloaded all kind´s off drivers but nothing seems to work!
My email: jozujazz44@gmail.com

Hello,
I've sent you a PM.
The first post of this Windows 10 related thread contains good advice for installing the drivers. (Sometimes they don't work the first time reattempts are necessary.):
https://xdaforums.com/htc-shift/development/guide-installing-windows-10-technical-t2903521
Good luck and have fun!

Ternam

Oct 31, 2018
Hello, my HTC Shift shows me "reboot or insert a rebooting device". I have tried the power + del but no device displayed. I can't get any reboot device. What do I do?

UMPCsDudette

Aug 14, 2019
Hello ^^
I have a HTC Shift x9500 that has given me so many great years of service but for the past few years was gathering dust with the other laptops and UMPCs that i have.
After seeing a video on youtube about a HTC Shift with a 128gb 1.8zif ssd it gave me the drive to work on my Shift again ^^
sadly the seagate that i used use for all my HTC drivers gave up a few years back so now i can't find any of the drivers that HTC used have on their site a few years back.
Any chance of someone emailing me all the drivers that used be on the HTC website as 1 large attachment? :)
Thanks in Advance
Amelia
Irishfashionistagamer (at) gmail (dot) com

Fxxxx

Nov 5, 2009

All the best
caferacerobsessed

Can you send me all the drivers,thank you
web2600@gmail.com

sudipppppp

Apr 19, 2020
Sir please send me all these driver for windows vista on poudels124@gmail.com

All the best
caferacerobsessed
. Sir please send me all these driver for windows vista on poudels124@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

All the best
caferacerobsessed
. I need all these drivers please send me on poudels124@gmail.com

wallymp

Mar 24, 2021

All the best
caferacerobsessed
Envia para meu email, por favor: wallymp@gmail.com

Top Liked Posts