[KITCHEN] dsixda HTC Android Kitchen Now for Leo Nand

Search This thread

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Thanks to our Senior Moderator dsixda , his Android Kitchen now has support for our Leo Nand too.

You can modify any Rom:
_Shipped
_Custom
_Nandroid Backups

It is easy to use with some automated features as:
_Deodex
_Zipalign
_Add scripts
_Add App2sd
_extract Kernel and initrd
_etc

Code:
===================================================================
 HTC Android Kitchen - by dsixda (xda-developers.com)

Main Menu

1. Set up working folder from ROM
 2. Add root permissions
 3. Add BusyBox
 4. Disable boot screen sounds
 5. Add wireless tethering
 6. Zipalign all *.apk files to optimize RAM usage
 7. Change wipe status of ROM
 8. Change name of ROM
 9. Check update-script for errors
10. Show working folder information

Advanced Options

11 - Deodex files in your ROM
 12 - Add task killer tweak for speed (stock ROM only)
 13 - Add /data/app functionality
 14 - Add Nano text editor + sysro/sysrw
 15 - Add Bash (command shell)
 16 - Add Apps2SD
 17 - Add /etc/init.d scripts support (busybox run-parts)
 18 - Add custom boot animation functionality
 19 - Porting tools (experimental)
 20 - Unpack or re-pack a boot image
 21 - Unpack data.img
 22 - Sign APK file(s)
 23 - Convert update-script or updater-script
 24 - Run plugin scripts

99. Build ROM from working folder
00. About/Update kitchen
 0. Exit

How do I import a ROM into the kitchen to use as my base?
From a shipped ROM:
First, find the shipped ROM for your device, usually from htc.com or from searching xda-developers (check the Wiki or sticky posts under your device's sub-forum).
This link may help: Various devices
Please don't ask me for links, as I don't know everything or own all devices. ;-)
The shipped ROM can be found in three different formats. Identify the type you have downloaded:
If the shipped ROM is in a .ZIP format, then simply copy it to the kitchen's original_update folder.
OR if the shipped ROM consists of system.img and boot.img files, then copy those two files to the kitchen's original_update folder.
OR if the shipped ROM is in an .EXE format, then do the following:
In Windows, run the shipped ROM's .EXE file till it gets to the first dialog. Stop there but don't close the window yet.
Go to Start->Run and type: %TEMP%
When the folder opens, search for Rom.zip (use the "magnifying glass" Search button)
Copy Rom.zip to your kitchen's original_update folder
OR from a cooked/custom ROM:
Copy the update.zip (or equivalent ZIP file) to your kitchen's original_update folder
OR from a Nandroid backup (under /sdcard/nandroid) [NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NON-STOCK ROM BACKUPS]:
Copy the system.img and boot.img files from the backup folder to your kitchen's original_update folder
NOTE: The Nandroid-backup method of ROM customization is not the best method, because the kitchen may not account for various advanced options that were added outside of this kitchen (these options are in the update-script file which was in the original ROM but is not in the backup. The kitchen needs to re-create this file and 'guess' those options). However, it will support Nandroid backups that already have basic features like root, busybox and /data/app functionality.

Go to dsixda thread and grab your Kitchen now and have some fun with it!

KITCHEN THREAD

If you like it don't forget to hit thanks to dsixda and consider to him a donation for his work.

Last edited:

totalcmdext

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2006
Nokia 8.3 5G
In the thread of dsixda everything are available step-by-step.

I can confirm that it is working and tested from the begin of implementation of this Nand support.

Raptordin

Apr 19, 2009
Cairo
Whenever I cook using this Awesome kitchen I successful have a zip file. When I try to flash it It gives me an error (Status 6) and I do not know what to do to resolve this issue.

af974

Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
This error sound of something wrong in updater-script, in this kitchen you must:
1. convert updater-script to update-script for working on it
2. convert it back to updater-script before make the zip process.

Anyway fore me it worked at 1st shot and this is what i made and in Dsixda thread there is a good tutorial and a video that explain all.

Whenever I cook using this Awesome kitchen I successful have a zip file. When I try to flash it It gives me an error (Status 6) and I do not know what to do to resolve this issue.

Reactions: Raptordin

Raptordin

Apr 19, 2009
Cairo
Nice to know that an arabian is cooking :)

Waiting your builds because i'm sure you will be incorporating arabic roms and full arabic support by default! :D

I am still a noob when it comes to Android but will do my best, Used to be very good with WinMob bt still starting here, will try my best though. :)

This error sound of something wrong in updater-script, in this kitchen you must:
1. convert updater-script to update-script for working on it
2. convert it back to updater-script before make the zip process.

Anyway fore me it worked at 1st shot and this is what i made and in Dsixda thread there is a good tutorial and a video that explain all.

Thanks for your reply, I did convert it back and forth though but still same error. The tutorials are very nice and I did follow them to the letter. Will try again today after I get back home from work and will try to get another base to start from.

Reactions: af974

af974

Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Np raptordin,
if you wanna say to me what build you are trying to mod and what mod you want to do, i can give it a go and see if i get the same error.

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Just a reminder -- if you have a boot.img in your ROM's working folder, and it didn't get converted to "boot" folder after building the ROM, then you have to do the conversion manually.

1) Select option 20 - "Unpack or re-pack a boot.img"
2) Select option c - "Convert boot.img into NAND boot folder"

Then you can build.

If you are using a custom HD2 ROM then this step is probably not necessary, as the kitchen will aready have created the boot folder and removed the boot.img. To make sure, just open the .ZIP file that was created by the kitchen after building.

Reactions: af974

af974

Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Thanks for info Dsixda,

I'm facing a couple of problems with the Kitchen, here they are:

1. In the Kitchen Rom info app2sd are not installed but it still in init.d
2. if i add /data/app (option 13) market apps installation end with an error.

Code:
Working folder information

Android OS version             : 2.3.3
 Device                         : bravo
 ROM Name                       : GRI40
 Rooted (unsecured boot.img)    : YES
 Rooted (Superuser.apk + su)    : YES
 BusyBox installed              : YES
 BusyBox run-parts support      : YES
 Apps2SD enabled                : NO
 /data/app enabled              : NO
 Custom boot animation allowed  : NO
 Nano text editor installed     : YES
 Bash shell support             : YES
 /system/framework is deodexed  : YES
 /system/app is deodexed        : YES
 radio.img found                : NO
 ROM will wipe all data         : NO

I'm using this rom as base http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=933951

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Thanks for info Dsixda,

I'm facing a couple of problems with the Kitchen, here they are:

1. In the Kitchen Rom info app2sd are not installed but it still in init.d

So you don't have an "a2sd" file under /system/bin or /system/xbin or anywhere else? What options did you select for apps2sd (e.g. runparts?).

2. if i add /data/app (option 13) market apps installation end with an error.

You need to be specific.. what is the error? And when you say 'installation' do you mean while the kitchen is adding the data/app folder, or while the ROM is booting?

af974

Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Nope, there is nothing in there but there is the script in init.d " 10app2sd", though i'm speaking of original update.zip.

So you don't have an "a2sd" file under /system/bin or /system/xbin or anywhere else? What options did you select for apps2sd (e.g. runparts?).

After the boot, i go to market and download an app but it cant be installed.

You need to be specific.. what is the error? And when you say 'installation' do you mean while the kitchen is adding the data/app folder, or while the ROM is booting?

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Nope, there is nothing in there but there is the script in init.d " 10app2sd", though i'm speaking of original update.zip.

Is it really apps2sd (apps to ext3) or is it just that hack that is used to move all apps to the fat32 partition of the SD card (the option that is in Settings of Cyanogen ROMs)? Can you paste the contents of that file here please (in
Code:
 tags)

[QUOTE]
After the boot, i go to market and download an app but it cant be installed.[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about that, probably your device's or ROM's issue because it works elsewhere.  When the kitchen adds /data/app to the working folder it only sets the permissions for that folder when flashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to our Senior Moderator dsixda , his Android Kitchen now has support for our Leo Nand too.

You can modify any Rom:
    _Shipped
    _Custom
    _Nandroid Backups

It is easy to use with some automated features as:
    _Deodex
    _Zipalign
    _Add scripts
    _Add App2sd
    _extract Kernel and initrd
    _etc

Code:
     HTC Android Kitchen - by dsixda (xda-developers.com)

Main Menu

1. Set up working folder from ROM
     2. Add root permissions
     3. Add BusyBox
     4. Disable boot screen sounds
     5. Add wireless tethering
     6. Zipalign all *.apk files to optimize RAM usage
     7. Change wipe status of ROM
     8. Change name of ROM
     9. Check update-script for errors
    10. Show working folder information

Advanced Options

11 - Deodex files in your ROM
     12 - Add task killer tweak for speed (stock ROM only)
     13 - Add /data/app functionality
     14 - Add Nano text editor + sysro/sysrw
     15 - Add Bash (command shell)
     16 - Add Apps2SD
     17 - Add /etc/init.d scripts support (busybox run-parts)
     18 - Add custom boot animation functionality
     19 - Porting tools (experimental)
     20 - Unpack or re-pack a boot image
     21 - Unpack data.img
     22 - Sign APK file(s)
     23 - Convert update-script or updater-script
     24 - Run plugin scripts

99. Build ROM from working folder
    00. About/Update kitchen
     0. Exit

How do I import a ROM into the kitchen to use as my base?
    From a shipped ROM:
    First, find the shipped ROM for your device, usually from htc.com or from searching xda-developers (check the Wiki or sticky posts under your device's sub-forum).
    This link may help: Various devices
    Please don't ask me for links, as I don't know everything or own all devices. ;-)
    The shipped ROM can be found in three different formats. Identify the type you have downloaded:
    If the shipped ROM is in a .ZIP format, then simply copy it to the kitchen's original_update folder.
    OR if the shipped ROM consists of system.img and boot.img files, then copy those two files to the kitchen's original_update folder.
    OR if the shipped ROM is in an .EXE format, then do the following:
    In Windows, run the shipped ROM's .EXE file till it gets to the first dialog. Stop there but don't close the window yet.
    Go to Start->Run and type: %TEMP%
    When the folder opens, search for Rom.zip (use the "magnifying glass" Search button)
    Copy Rom.zip to your kitchen's original_update folder
    OR from a cooked/custom ROM:
    Copy the update.zip (or equivalent ZIP file) to your kitchen's original_update folder
    OR from a Nandroid backup (under /sdcard/nandroid) [NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NON-STOCK ROM BACKUPS]:
    Copy the system.img and boot.img files from the backup folder to your kitchen's original_update folder
    NOTE: The Nandroid-backup method of ROM customization is not the best method, because the kitchen may not account for various advanced options that were added outside of this kitchen (these options are in the update-script file which was in the original ROM but is not in the backup. The kitchen needs to re-create this file and 'guess' those options). However, it will support Nandroid backups that already have basic features like root, busybox and /data/app functionality.

Go to dsixda thread and grab your Kitchen now and have some fun with it!

KITCHEN THREAD

If you like it don't forget to hit thanks to dsixda and consider to him a donation for his work.
    You are having many 'file not found' errors in logcat which means the ROM probably did not completely flash on your device because your system partition is not big enough. Remember the HD2 can only take ROMs that are of a limited size, and newer HTC ROMs can be 500MB large.

If you had read the FAQ about boot loops and using the recovery.log you will have seen the problem immediately. Remove unneeded apps from system folder to reduce the ROM size.
    Whoot! time to get my chef on! :cool:
    As title says,
    Taskkiller tweak option is not working for my ROM.
    Any suggestion?
    View attachment 4205459

Is your ROM a stock or custom ROM? It says will only work for a stock ROM. I know very little about the differences TBH. AFAIK later versions of android have task killers in settings anyway.
    Good luck