[Q] Wrong Song Art in Music Player

Search This thread

ASKnASK

Apr 22, 2011
Islamabad
Guys, I'm obsessed with keeping a well-organized music library.
I add album art, lyrics and all details to each and every song I download.
I use TagNRaname to achieve this.

Now the problem. On both the Music Player and UberMusic (or any other player), some of my songs display incorrect album art. Like there one of two images that are repeated on several songs, even though those songs have separate embedded album art!

Please help. How do I solve this!

ASKnASK

Apr 22, 2011
Islamabad
The details are added fine!

Its the phone that messes them up!

I have copied the same music to my iPod and the song art is fine there.

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
The details are added fine!

Its the phone that messes them up!

I have copied the same music to my iPod and the song art is fine there.
if you are on windows, go to view tab on folder options and check the first one, i.e. Always show icons, never thumbnails.

after selecting this, copy the songs again to your phone, it will show the correct album art.

i had many situations when windows messed up the album art.

darckengel

Apr 13, 2011
Take back the song to your computer and check if the picture is correct.
Also try to wipe the thumbnail database.

ASKnASK

Apr 22, 2011
Islamabad
Wiping cache didn't help.

This is so weird. Read.

When I copy the song with the messed up art to PC, it has the art embedded, but it doesn't show it. However, when I switch to Large Icons view mode, the art shows. Then, if I go back to Medium Icons, it shows it.

I suppose the problem above is due to the Windows Thumbnail cache. But... why the device? Why is it not showing the art correctly? And what criteria is it using in choosing the random art that it does show in place of the correct art?

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
did you select the option i have mentioned? did it work?

i believe windows chooses the album art of whichever song you play first in a folder and applies it to all songs which doesnt have any album art.

ASKnASK

Apr 22, 2011
Islamabad
I even changed the SD Card today lol

And the Windows thing.. No that I don't use. I delete all the album art files created by Windows. I myself embed art into the mp3 files using a software. That way, the song itself has the art embedded in it.

My music library displays correct artwork in my iPod. The problem only exists on the Galaxy, and that too only in some songs.

lycan_codex

Apr 6, 2010
Bangalore
I even changed the SD Card today lol

And the Windows thing.. No that I don't use. I delete all the album art files created by Windows. I myself embed art into the mp3 files using a software. That way, the song itself has the art embedded in it.

My music library displays correct artwork in my iPod. The problem only exists on the Galaxy, and that too only in some songs.
Windows is definitely messy with the album art. even if you delete the album art, it still shows up messed when you play it with windows player.

for me, selecting the Always show icons, never thumbnails in folder options did the trick.

If you use your Ipod, why dont you try adding album art in Itunes and copy it back to windows and check.

spacebar2011

Jan 3, 2011
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have the exact same issue. Being a professional DJ, I have to keep my music well organised, well tagged and I also make sure each track has its own album art embedded in it.
I use Media Monkey to tag.
Now, on my Galaxy S, no matter what player I use, some tracks show album art of another track and its just 2 or 3 pictures that show repeatedly on these tracks that are messed up. Its about 30% of the music that shows messed up embedded album art. Some tracks do not show a picture at all despite being tagged with album art. When I mount my SD on the PC and launch Media Monkey, all album art shows up nice and correct. Also, in Windows thumbnail view, all the art shows up correctly too.
I tried clearing Media storage data under applications but no luck. This is so utterly annoying! :mad::mad::mad:

What the hell is it with Android and embedded album art? :confused::confused:

Vivasanti

Dec 27, 2010
Some programs just dont encode the album art properly, ive had this happen a few times try this...

download mp3tag - http://download.mp3tag.de/mp3tagv249setup.exe

1 - drag you song that you want to change/update art into mp3tag.
2 - press shift+alt+5 and then change it to "import cover from file"
3 - click save.

the correct album art will now show up on your phone :)

bizoot

Aug 20, 2013
solution

I had this same problem and it drove me nuts.
I finally realized that android prefers to use album art instead of my (very specific) COVER ART
If i had several songs from the same album, they all had the same art... and of course i didnt want this because I had previously downloaded art for every song specifically.

So what i did was, from my pc, deleted all the album names using "mp3tag" software,
Now the songs had no album reference, so the specific cover art was now displayed.