How to hard reset a Venue Pro?

Search This thread

Jim Coleman

Sep 11, 2008
Does anyone know how to hard reset a Venue Pro?

My understanding is that this is a required step after changing the SD card, as it forces the OS to set up the new card (in whatever arcane way it needs to) in order to start using it as storage.

New Venue Pro owners will want to know this.

Also, if anyone successfully manages to do this, and get their Venue Pro to recognise their SD cards, please let us know.

Jim Coleman

Sep 11, 2008
In the settings under about phone there is a reset option.. I am guessing that this would wipe the phone and re-setup.

I was talking about hardware buttons, but it seems it is...

Power off

Hold down CAMERA and VOLUME DOWN buttons

Press Power button whilst still holding the other two buttons down until it boots.

Se4nH4x

Oct 24, 2010
"How to: Go to about phone, reset phone, say yes, wait for screen to turn off, pull battery, pull card, insert card, boot, go through welcome steps, enjoy"

- credits kltye

kltye

Mar 22, 2006
Chicago
"How to: Go to about phone, reset phone, say yes, wait for screen to turn off, pull battery, pull card, insert card, boot, go through welcome steps, enjoy"

- credits kltye
If you'd like to try, you can also try to pull card, insert new card, THEN do the hard reset. It sounds like that should work too.

liyev

May 29, 2011
Does anyone know how to hard reset a Venue Pro?

My understanding is that this is a required step after changing the SD card, as it forces the OS to set up the new card (in whatever arcane way it needs to) in order to start using it as storage.

New Venue Pro owners will want to know this.

Also, if anyone successfully manages to do this, and get their Venue Pro to recognise their SD cards, please let us know.
have you successfully hard reset your dell venue pro? I am trying to hard reset, but have been stuck for a long time...

thanks

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
have you successfully hard reset your dell venue pro? I am trying to hard reset, but have been stuck for a long time...

thanks

NO rumors here. There are NO HARDWARE HARD RESET BUTTON COMBINATIONS for the Dell. NONE.

the Camera, volume, up/down/Power is NOT a hard reset.

Only hard reset is available with Start, settings, About, Reset Phone....

Thats it. Anything else...as far as we know...is a misstatement. Other phones like The Focus or the HD7 do have HW button combinations...the Dell does not

Reactions: Igoran

Igoran

Sep 14, 2006
Saint-Petersburg
Sadly...
Have a DVP hardware buttons combintion to update firmware from PC when it can't boot OS? Like tri-color bootloader mode from HTC.
Or it doesn't have any hardware modes at all?
For example, if i change sd card and "something goes wrong" and it not boot with new or old sd card. It's bricked in that case?

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
Sadly...
Have a DVP hardware buttons combintion to update firmware from PC when it can't boot OS? Like tri-color bootloader mode from HTC.
Or it doesn't have any hardware modes at all?
For example, if i change sd card and "something goes wrong" and it not boot with new or old sd card. It's bricked in that case?

Nothing man.....no white horse coming if you trash your phone by pulling the card before a hard reset.

There is a way out...IF...and ONLY IF, you have a backup. I could say go read about this....but I'll tell you instead.

When you update your phone....7008 -> to any new update, a back up is made during the process. IF...IF IF you were logged on as a guest in Zune while doing this backup, no backup will be retained. If you were logged on to Zune as a user, then the back is retained.

If something goes wrong and you find that you cannot boot...then try the key combination listed above. That should place you in what is called the Download mode or Computer Connect mode. IF IF IF you have that backup, the backup will restore in this mode. There is no way to force it though.

Rules about backups:

A backup will ONLY work if the card size remains the same. A 16g card backup will NOT restore onto a 32g card.

Restores ONLY work same size to same size.

hihi2u2

Oct 4, 2008
Is there anywhere you can fix this problem

Hi there,

I lost my backup and lost my original card so is there any hardware reset or ability to flash the phone via pc ?

Reinstalling to factory reset ?

Please help, now I got a bricked phone ... ...

Nothing man.....no white horse coming if you trash your phone by pulling the card before a hard reset.

There is a way out...IF...and ONLY IF, you have a backup. I could say go read about this....but I'll tell you instead.

When you update your phone....7008 -> to any new update, a back up is made during the process. IF...IF IF you were logged on as a guest in Zune while doing this backup, no backup will be retained. If you were logged on to Zune as a user, then the back is retained.

If something goes wrong and you find that you cannot boot...then try the key combination listed above. That should place you in what is called the Download mode or Computer Connect mode. IF IF IF you have that backup, the backup will restore in this mode. There is no way to force it though.

Rules about backups:

A backup will ONLY work if the card size remains the same. A 16g card backup will NOT restore onto a 32g card.

Restores ONLY work same size to same size.

nikkpap

Jan 6, 2007
Thessaloniki
www.techmesh.co
Hi to all , is there any way to re- install the first firmare lets say my phone was on 7.0.0 my manufactor and i did a language update from a nokia lumnia to have greek on dell, i swred up my phone. now if i will make an OTA update to the latest it will restore everything or i have to make a firmware restore first... thanks my email is nikkpap@gmai.com

Technosquid

Feb 3, 2012
Hi to all , is there any way to re- install the first firmare lets say my phone was on 7.0.0 my manufactor and i did a language update from a nokia lumnia to have greek on dell, i swred up my phone. now if i will make an OTA update to the latest it will restore everything or i have to make a firmware restore first... thanks my email is nikkpap@gmai.com

You have to install the fresh ROM using this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411300

The ROM from either of the two following links (the multiupload link in the thread is broken.) It's the stock ROM version, build 7004.
http://sdrv.ms/JrpmR6
http://d-h.st/sNY

I remember reading in the thread linked below, some anecdotes about the DVP only working with english language pack. I can't find the posts at the moment because search xda search is currently disabled.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You have to install the fresh ROM using this guide:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411300

The ROM from either of the two following links (the multiupload link in the thread is broken.) It's the stock ROM version, build 7004.
    http://sdrv.ms/JrpmR6
    http://d-h.st/sNY

I remember reading in the thread linked below, some anecdotes about the DVP only working with english language pack. I can't find the posts at the moment because search xda search is currently disabled.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

thanks

NO rumors here. There are NO HARDWARE HARD RESET BUTTON COMBINATIONS for the Dell. NONE.

the Camera, volume, up/down/Power is NOT a hard reset.

Only hard reset is available with Start, settings, About, Reset Phone....

Thats it. Anything else...as far as we know...is a misstatement. Other phones like The Focus or the HD7 do have HW button combinations...the Dell does not