Confirmed from Clove: DHD releases end of Oct

Search This thread

LittleMerc

Apr 20, 2009
Well, Clove apparently have sent email about the delay of DHD release till the end of the month, and said all sellers will face the same problem due to Google Testing (which I have no idea what is the point). Anyways, everyone should start to STOP waiting as things will be better when you least expect them, agree?

BlameUREdiction

Jun 8, 2010
Brighton
Well, Clove apparently have sent email about the delay of DHD release till the end of the month, and said all sellers will face the same problem due to Google Testing (which I have no idea what is the point). Anyways, everyone should start to STOP waiting as things will be better when you least expect them, agree?
Absolutely. Of course we're all looking forward to receiving our new Desire's of the HD form factor... but the wait is almost quite exciting - just keep checking those email inboxes for 'Your Order Has Been Dispatched!'

Not to mention I have come to the conclusion that I have far more important things going on in my life... like 'life' itself.

It'll arrive within 26 days, we know that much at least!

Last edited:

Captain Splash

Apr 27, 2008
I'm waiting for amazon to confirm it and so far they have denied it.

So hope is still alive :D

Splash

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
It's possible the rumours that the carriers are getting them first is true. For the sake of 5 days or so I'd rather wait for the Sim-Free handset I'll get rather than the branded version from Vodafone.

True. If I get one via Carphone Warehouse, it should be unbranded shouldn't it? Really don't want a branded phone.

SupremeBeaver

Jun 10, 2010
Nicosia
If carriers are getting the phones before sim unlocked ones are out, then that's still good news because we'll have users here who can give us their impressions. All i want is someone here who can answer all our questions and doubts about the phone.

wu5262

Mar 17, 2006
London
Confirmation from Superetrader

Just got this e-mail from superetrader saying that the DHD will be delay until mid to end of the month.

See attachment for the e-mail

maruchan78

Mar 10, 2009
Carriers have usually got the phones first, not sure if this was the plan all along. Looks like the DHD with Vodafone will be the awesome black one. Any chance of these being unbranded/full of junkware? Would love to pick one up after seeing a few reviews..

Captain Splash

Apr 27, 2008
Clove is far more likely to be right about this than amazon. Sorry :(

Based on what? I've been a phone freak for years and i've never heard of them. Amazon are the biggest online retailer in the world and indeed they posted the HD on there site BEFORE it was announced. So sorry, but I'd trust Amazon over a site i've not heard of.

No one else has heard of a delay and none of the gadget/Andriod blogs are reporting one either. Play have jumped the date by a week. But other than that there is no news of a delay (even Google News aren't reporting one)

Added to which most of us had never even heard of "Google testing" until yesterday. Anyway whats to test? the hardware is pretty much the EVO and the software (although slightly updated is the same as the Desire)

Splash

Bumble-Bee

Senior Recognized Developer & Original Autobot
Feb 21, 2009
twitter.com
superEtrader has now confirmed a delay untill the end of october...

Oh well the HD is worth waiting for IMO

:D :D

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
Just got this e-mail from superetrader saying that the DHD will be delay until mid to end of the month.

See attachment for the e-mail

I hate to ask this, but how on earth can a mobile like the Desire HD fail Type Approval testing?

Do people here even know what Type Approval Testing is?

Surely, when designing the phone, they would try to meet the specs, and Type Approval would be given pretty easily...

Last edited:

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
I'm not one to fuel this kind of bullcrap topics, but if the reason given is "type approval", you can be sure they are making "regular"/detalic customers gobble up quite another load of bull****, betting on consumers' lack of knowledge (about the slang).

In the case of cellular technologies/GSM/3GPP, FCC certification is responsible for the TA.
Unless the acronym TA was misintrepreted, it would rather be Telecommunications Approval, but then again, this doesn't change anything. It's still FCC.

This has NOT A SINGLE DAMN thing to do with Google.

Last edited:

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
Type Approval simply means, has it met the required specs that are set out. There is a safety/min spec etc that it has to meet.

They wouldn't be doing that days before release. No way. Let's just take it as follows:

htcsense.com isn't ready yet. That makes a LOT more sense, than the phone hasn't passed a test.