Oct 4, 2011
Porto
Goophone i5 ROM V1.3.1

Details:

- Play Store Installed
- Apple Boot Logo
- Removed Chinese Apps
- Chinese spam and bloatware removed
- Slide to power off bug fixed (Slide to power off on all languages)
- Slide to unlock bug Fixed (Slide to unlock on all languages)
- Calendar Bug Fixed
- Camera Bug Fixed (not blurried pictures anymore)
- Delete Contacts bug fixed
- Task Bar Error Fixed
- Messages notification error Fixed
- 3G Network Fixed
- English as Primary Language
- Clear Call history bug fixed
- GPS Menu fixed
- Increased speed and performance on every task
- The possibility to install another launcher different than the stock one (impossible on previous ROMs)
- Network location fixed
- Taskbar notification background error fixed.
- Taskbar clear notifications error fixed.
- New icons on the task bar
- New widget on the task bar
- Change Language error fixed
- New iOS launcher installed

Additional Apps:

- Titanium Backup
- Es File Explorer
- Weather Translated
- Rebooter
- Google Chrome
- APN Manager Pro - To insert your own APN settings
- A.I Type keyboard with iphone theme installed
- Mobile Uncle tools

How to install it:

- Reboot into recovery: Volume Down + Power Button
- Wipe Data / Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache
- Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache . Go back
- Install Zip from SD Card (2nd Option)
- Choose zip from sd card (1s Option)
- Browse the file goophone-i5-xda-v2.zip
- Install it

Wait until its finished and that's it!

iPhone Icons

As my next ROM will include a launcher where the icons of the apps can be replaced, here it is a compilation of iPhone icons with high resolution.
You can change the icons by pressing it until the cross to remove shows up.
Then just click it once. It will appear a menu that will allow you to change the title and icon of the app.

iphoneIcons.png

DOWNLOAD IPHONE ICONS

Any donation will be well recieved even 50 cents. This way you will be helping me to continue to work on this phone.
Notice that to help you out i also have costs. being the main one the electricity.
This month bill: 100 dolars. :x

Last edited by a moderator:

ColonelZap

Nov 5, 2009
Hi, thanks for that :)

What do you mean by that? The setting still crash when you try to ad or edit the APN :(

Don't want to leave "empty handed", here are two things you might want to check out:

an English recovery mode and a slide to un(c)lock fix ;)

Edit: Here's a little collection of files: CLICK

Edit: I've been asked about the recovery image I posted here, this is how it looks like:

l2WIpmP.jpg

Attachments

• goophonei5cwmrecovery.zip
    5 MB · Views: 6,143
  • IphoneLockScreen.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,523
Last edited:

Manuxo

Oct 4, 2011
Porto
3G fix apps

Hi ColonelZAp.
That rom already bring installed all the apps that you need to fix your apn settings.
For that you just need another android phone with the same apks installed, then you just need to:

-Set up your apn settings on your android phone
- Use the APN backup & restore to get the XML file
- Copy that file to the folder ApnBackupRestore present on your SD card.
- Make APN Backup & Restore as System App with titanium backup
- Restore the APN settings
- And that's it.

I've tried this on a few phones and it worked on all.
On my personal goophone i5 i already have 3G network Fixed.

About the lockscreen this ROM comes already with that bug fixed.

Regards

notcosi

Mar 13, 2012
APN settings not working for me despite using titanium and apn backup plus as i have also written in another thread, I have no service either. Can anyone help please?

Manuxo

Oct 4, 2011
Porto
Not the rom for your phone

APN settings not working for me despite using titanium and apn backup plus as i have also written in another thread, I have no service either. Can anyone help please?

IF you have a problem with wifi and SIM connection maybe you don't have a genuine goophone.
If it don't work you have a different firmware, so, this rom will not work on your phone.

This ROM is just for Goophone I5 and not for other copies like Zophone, Hero, etc.

Stef44320

Feb 6, 2013
hello
Slide to unlock Fixed bug in French language is also set as the big problem comes not from the rom but language translation

G

GuestK00344

Could someone else just upload their apn backup xml file? Would that work?
I don't have another android phone, so this is my only other real option.

Feb 8, 2013
Goophone i5 ROM V1.0

Code:
[B][SIZE="4"]Details:[/SIZE][/B]

- Play Store Installed
- Apple Boot Logo
- Removed Chinese Apps
- Video APK Translated
- Task Bar Error Fixed
- 3G Network Fixed
- Slide to unlock bug Fixed

Code:
[B][SIZE="4"]Additional Apps:[/SIZE][/B]

- Titanium Backup
- Es File Explorer
- Weather Translated
- Rebooter
- Boat Browser
- APN Backup & Restore: To restore your APN Settings

Code:
[B][SIZE="4"]Instructions:[/SIZE][/B]

- Wipe Data / Factory Reset (3rd Option)
- Wipe Cache (4th Option)
- Advanced (7yh Option) -> Wipe Dalvik Cache (2nd Option). Go back
- Browse the file goophone-i5-xda.zip
- Install it

Download Goophone i5 ROM v1.0
Download English Clockworkmod (Thanks to ColonelZap)

Hello there,

I have recently purchased a Goophone I5 but it came with Chinese stuff. Is there a step by step instruction for first flashing the CWM. I would also need step by step instructions for the Gi5 ROM v1.0. I'm a novice and following the instructions above I keep getting an error message as follows "E: signature verification failed", and "Installation aborted". This happens with both the zip files that I have downloaded from the links in your post. Please help. Thanks.

Sid

anexonel13

Mar 23, 2012
#MontrealTexas
www.anexonel.co.cc

What do you mean by that? The setting still crash when you try to ad or edit the APN :(

Don't want to leave "empty handed", here are two things you might want to check out:

Hi, the recovery.img does not seem to work for me, any help?

G

GuestK00344

The apn xml file that APN Backup & Restore creates, does it have to be for the same carrier we use?
I'd like to know because my beddeh has an android phone that he agreed to let me use to create a backup file, however, he uses another carrier and not Rogers. Will this matter, or will it still work?

derfusme

Feb 11, 2013
Can't " install " ROM

Hello,

I just bought a Goophone i5. Seems great for the moment, except chinese aps of course. Want to remove them, found this post. I dowloaded the ROM in the link above, put it on the phone (using usb storage). Rebooted the phone in recovery mode as explained (power button + Vol - button).
I can see the options & navigate in them, but i can't choose any of them ! I tried using mute/unmute, power button, and home button. Nothing is working. How can i proceed please ? Thx in advance for you help. :D

Edit : Ok i found it, you have to slide right to left on the bottom screen (seems logic when you know it ^_^)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2013
Reply to "derfusme"

Hello,

I just bought a Goophone i5. Seems great for the moment, except chinese aps of course. Want to remove them, found this post. I dowloaded the ROM in the link above, put it on the phone (using usb storage). Rebooted the phone in recovery mode as explained (power button + Vol - button).
I can see the options & navigate in them, but i can't choose any of them ! I tried using mute/unmute, power button, and home button. Nothing is working. How can i proceed please ? Thx in advance for you help. :D

Edit : Ok i found it, you have to slide right to left on the bottom screen (seems logic when you know it ^_^)

Hello derfusme,

I wrote a lengthy reply to your post as soon as I saw your quandary but it got lost as I was logged out (or timed out).

I was (and still am) in the same boat a couple of days back and I'm glad you were able to figure out. I figured this out by accident and it was the only aha moment from the time I got this phone.

I definitely don't want to discourage you but I want to share with you that this moment of joy was short lived. The zip files (neither the ROM or the CWM) did not install. They both failed due to some signature verification error and the install aborted. If you make progress, please share with me on this site as to how you accomplished it. If I figure it out I'll share it here for others in a similar situation.

Good luck.

PS: I also wanted to point out that the Recovery Menu that "Manuxo" has in the original posting is not the same as mine. It has only the following recovery menu items (I'm not a 100% sure, but I think that is what the CWM gets you) ...
- reboot system now
- apply update from sdcard
- apply update from cache
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- backup user data
- restore user data

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: derfusme

derfusme

Feb 11, 2013
Done ! \o/

Hello derfusme,

I wrote a lengthy reply to your post as soon as I saw your quandary but it got lost as I was logged out (or timed out).

I was (and still am) in the same boat a couple of days back and I'm glad you were able to figure out. I figured this out by accident and it was the only aha moment from the time I got this phone.

I definitely don't want to discourage you but I want to share with you that this moment of joy was short lived. The zip files (neither the ROM or the CWM) did not install. They both failed due to some signature verification error and the install aborted. If you make progress, please share with me on this site as to how you accomplished it. If I figure it out I'll share it here for others in a similar situation.

Good luck.

PS: I also wanted to point out that the Recovery Menu that "Manuxo" has in the original posting is not the same as mine. It has only the following recovery menu items (I'm not a 100% sure, but I think that is what the CWM gets you) ...
- reboot system now
- apply update from sdcard
- apply update from cache
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- backup user data
- restore user data

Cheers!

Hi sidgeekpurchases,

Good news ! I finally managed to solve this. The phone was in fact not rooted at all ! I followed some steps on a youtube channel, search for the user named mayiandjay, watch the " How to root the Goophone i5! One click root! " (there are other usefull videos). Once it was fully rooted, i managed to install a new ROM i found in here (Goophone i5 ROM V1.0). Some bugs are fixed (but i still have the " slide to unclock " bug :( )

About the CMW, i did not used the one mayiandjay show in his video, because it's all in chinese, I used the CMW from ColonelZap (on the same thread of the ROM V1.0) using the way he (mayiandjay) mentioned (with m44toolbox) and it's working.

The only thing that's not working is the gps, can't get any signal ! Haven't found someone talking about that. Maybe it will be fixed later ?

Well, hope it helps ! Let me know if you have some issues, i'll be glad to help :) (but with the video on youtube you should be fine)

Cheers.

GT35pro

Dec 21, 2011
SINGAPORE
Www.gt35pro.blogspot.com
Hi, the recovery.img does not seem to work for me, any help?

You may want to try out my English cwm recovery from my blog.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hi sidgeekpurchases,

Good news ! I finally managed to solve this. The phone was in fact not rooted at all ! I followed some steps on a youtube channel, search for the user named mayiandjay, watch the " How to root the Goophone i5! One click root! " (there are other usefull videos). Once it was fully rooted, i managed to install a new ROM i found in here (Goophone i5 ROM V1.0). Some bugs are fixed (but i still have the " slide to unclock " bug :( )

About the CMW, i did not used the one mayiandjay show in his video, because it's all in chinese, I used the CMW from ColonelZap (on the same thread of the ROM V1.0) using the way he (mayiandjay) mentioned (with m44toolbox) and it's working.

The only thing that's not working is the gps, can't get any signal ! Haven't found someone talking about that. Maybe it will be fixed later ?

Well, hope it helps ! Let me know if you have some issues, i'll be glad to help :) (but with the video on youtube you should be fine)

Cheers.

The GPS sucks. I got at most one satellite. Google maps also cannot detect my location. Waiting for cm9 for this.

Reactions: lucabruni77
Feb 8, 2013
and the drama continues ...

Hi sidgeekpurchases,

Cheers.

derfusme,

Thanks for the update and the helpful hints. I followed everything on Video by "MayiandJay" and my phone is definitely rooted. I even have SuperSU Pro v0.98 but I'm still having issues when I try to install the ROM from the recovery menu. I get a signature validation failure. What version of the recovery menu do you have? I think I have the stock version which does not have all the menu options that Manuxo and others have discussed here. I must have tried this a hundred different ways but in the end I come up with the same result. I even have the ROM Manager Premium installed as well.

Please send me a PM with the steps outlined if you don't mind. Thanks.

--S

derfusme

Feb 11, 2013
Re: Goophone i5 Lite ROM v1.0

I used the one in the link above, works fine. I replaced the original one using m44toolbox (explained on the youtube channel's guy). I had the same signature error message when i tried ton install roms. keep going, you'll find the way ;)

Sent from my iPhone5 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

You may want to try out my English cwm recovery from my blog.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

The GPS sucks. I got at most one satellite. Google maps also cannot detect my location. Waiting for cm9 for this.

good to know. when does the rom will be available ? (if you can tell)

Sent from my iPhone5 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Goophone i5 ROM V1.3.1

Details:

- Play Store Installed
    - Apple Boot Logo
    - Removed Chinese Apps
    - Chinese spam and bloatware removed
    - Slide to power off bug fixed (Slide to power off on all languages)
    - Slide to unlock bug Fixed (Slide to unlock on all languages)
    - Calendar Bug Fixed
    - Camera Bug Fixed (not blurried pictures anymore)
    - Delete Contacts bug fixed
    - Task Bar Error Fixed
    - 3G Network Fixed
    - Clear Call history bug fixed
    - GPS Menu fixed
    - Increased speed and performance on every task
    - The possibility to install another launcher different than the stock one (impossible on previous ROMs)
    - Network location fixed
    - Taskbar notification background error fixed.
    - Taskbar clear notifications error fixed.
    - New icons on the task bar
    - New widget on the task bar
    - Change Language error fixed
    - New iOS launcher installed

Additional Apps:

- Titanium Backup
    - Es File Explorer
    - Weather Translated
    - Rebooter
    - Google Chrome
    - APN Manager Pro - To insert your own APN settings
    - A.I Type keyboard with iphone theme installed
    - Mobile Uncle tools

How to install it:

- Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    - Wipe Cache
    - Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache . Go back
    - Browse the file goophone-i5-xda-v2.zip
    - Install it

iPhone Icons

As my next ROM will include a launcher where the icons of the apps can be replaced, here it is a compilation of iPhone icons with high resolution.
    You can change the icons by pressing it until the cross to remove shows up.
    Then just click it once. It will appear a menu that will allow you to change the title and icon of the app.

iphoneIcons.png

DOWNLOAD IPHONE ICONS

Any donation will be well recieved even 50 cents. This way you will be helping me to continue to work on this phone.
    Notice that to help you out i also have costs. being the main one the electricity.
    This month bill: 100 dolars. :x

Goophone ROM v1.2

Hello everyone!

I'm just here to say that i'm working on the version 1.2 of my rom that will bring some changes to the performance and user experience of goophone i5.

News coming soon! =)

Regards
    Hi! So the CWM colonelzap uploaded didn't work for me because when I attempt to flash it using Smart Phone Flash Tool, it says the recovery.img is too big :( I DID however read a bazillion tutorials and made my own CWM patch for my phone which was < 5mbs, however whenever I try to install a ROM (such as this one) I get an error.
    'assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img")' What does this mean? :/
    I really want to try your ROM and I've been at it for two days now! hahaha

Try to flash the english CWM with smartphone flash tool.
    All you need to do is:

- Turn off your phone
    - Download smartphone flash tool
    - Download English CWM
    - Open the software Smartphone flash tool
    - Load the scatter from the Extracted English CWM folder
    - Press the Download Button on SP Flash tool
    - Connect your phone to the pc with it powered off.
    - Wait until all the bars load and wait for a gree circle to pop up
    - Done. You have the right CWM installed.

Then just copy the rom to the sdcard and install it with CWM.

Edit: I've been asked about the recovery image I posted here, this is how it looks like:

l2WIpmP.jpg
    Rom v1.2

New ROM is avaiable. Check the first page.