Search This thread

wanam

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jan 26, 2011
Toulouse
wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III
This is a simple Xposed module to help you get rid of ads on the official YouTube App.

Requirements:
- Xposed Framwork

How to Install:
- Install Xposed Installer and framework
- Install YouTube AdAway App
- Enable the module on Xposed installer (ex, LSXposed)
- Reboot

Notes:
- Reboot is a MUST after updating the module.
- This application is NOT a modified YouTube App

Bugs Report:
- If you still get an IN-VIDEO ad, please report an issue here with your xposed logs.

Download.

Mirror.

Last edited:

aladdins4ne

Aug 27, 2020
It was last week. I used the root method.

I got banned from Snapchat 2 days after installing Lucky Patcher & Youtube Vanced. I went to Lucky Patcher and " reinstalled " Snapchat as it was supposed to delete android patches related to Snapchat.

2 days later I got banned once again. I have uninstalled Lucky Patcher and Youtube Vanced, since then no ban from Snapchat (for 1 week)

I think I will try one more time with only Youtube Vanced installed to see what happens but I fear I will definitively banned :p

Other people have experienced the same issue.

D

Deleted member 6870501

It was last week. I used the root method.

I got banned from Snapchat 2 days after installing Lucky Patcher & Youtube Vanced. I went to Lucky Patcher and " reinstalled " Snapchat as it was supposed to delete android patches related to Snapchat.

2 days later I got banned once again. I have uninstalled Lucky Patcher and Youtube Vanced, since then no ban from Snapchat (for 1 week)

I think I will try one more time with only Youtube Vanced installed to see what happens but I fear I will definitively banned :p

Other people have experienced the same issue.
Don't use the root method. I never have. Best practice for security in general is to only provide root for apps that truly need it. It's considered bad security design to achieve something with root that could also be achieved without root, hence YouTube Vanced providing a non-root version. Just make sure magisk hide is enabled while you're at it

ameshiya

Jan 5, 2011
Nador
The ads Are Still There

Usin iT With Wanamlite 3.3 And Latest Xposed beta Version And Nothin Changed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-29-10-42-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-29-10-42-32.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 10,717
Reactions: Hinniga85

wanam

Jan 26, 2011
Toulouse
wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III
The ads Are Still There

Usin iT With Wanamlite 3.3 And Latest Xposed beta Version And Nothin Changed

I'm on the same Rom + Xposed beta with no issues, just make sure the module is enabled, clear YouTube App data. and and reboot.
This application was tested against the latest YouTube update (5.3.24) and it's been downloaded more than 1500 in the last 10 hours with no such reports! if you are using any other version upload it.

EDIT: YouTube AdAway V1.1 posted.

Last edited:

hisee

Oct 29, 2010
MUMBAI
I am getting ads.. I am on Temasek (cm10.2)
Edit :after updating YouTube nw its working..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

wanam

Jan 26, 2011
Toulouse
wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III
Reactions: Knievel_Spirit

shbaldw

Aug 13, 2013
Works like a charm on a 2013 gnex7. For some reason youtube had fcs until I rebooted again. Fixed now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jsdecker10

Jul 9, 2012
The good ol Deep South
The new update V1.1 requires Xposed framework 2.3+ (API 31+), because it includes some check helpers to detect Xposed installation status.

So since you said that this module requires that we be on Xposed Framework 2.3+ (API 31+), I'm gonna assume that this also includes people that are running the new Xposed Framework BETA...? I know for a fact that I haven't installed the BETA yet, but I'm not too sure how I can check and see which Xposed Framework "API" I'm running. When I open up Xposed, I can click on "About" and under "Version of this app:" it shows "2.3.1". How can I check and see which Xposed Framework API I'm running?

Thanks! :good:

Reactions: wanam

wanam

Jan 26, 2011
Toulouse
wanam.net
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 5 III
So since you said that this module requires that we be on Xposed Framework 2.3+ (API 31+), I'm gonna assume that this also includes people that are running the new Xposed Framework BETA...? I know for a fact that I haven't installed the BETA yet, but I'm not too sure how I can check and see which Xposed Framework "API" I'm running. When I open up Xposed, I can click on "About" and under "Version of this app:" it shows "2.3.1". How can I check and see which Xposed Framework API I'm running?

Thanks! :good:

I'm running the beta2 of Xposed Installer too.

You can check the API version on the framework tab of Xposed installer.

Anyway you will get a notification on the Xposed installer modules list if you are running a lower API level, and you won't be able to activate it, also my App should let you know if the module is not enabled.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

jsdecker10

Jul 9, 2012
The good ol Deep South
I'm running the beta2 of Xposed Installer too.

You can check the API version on the framework tab of Xposed installer.

Anyway you will get a notification on the Xposed installer modules list if you are running a lower API level, and you won't be able to activate it, also my App should let you know if the module is not enabled.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the key info! I took a lil break from fiddling with my phone, but I just now went and messed around a little bit with YouTube and I haven't seen one single embedded "In-Video" ad ! So far, so good!! Thanks man!!! Oh yea, one quick question..how's this module gonna be affected when Google spits out another update to the YouTube app? Is it possible for an update to the YouTube app to "break the functionality" of this module, or do we not really have much to worry about when taking any YouTube updates? Thanks in advance for the info! :good:

ameshiya

Jan 5, 2011
Nador
i'm on the same rom + xposed beta with no issues, just make sure the module is enabled, clear youtube app data. And and reboot.
This application was tested against the latest youtube update (5.3.24) and it's been downloaded more than 1500 in the last 10 hours with no such reports! If you are using any other version upload it.

Edit: Youtube adaway v1.1 posted.

nope im using the latest version with latest xposed beta 2 and i enable it inside the app " disable youtube ads " with latest youtube app ans still the same

i will try to downgrade to non-beta version of xposed and see what happen

regards.

Reactions: TheFrenchGeneral

goldenratio

Aug 3, 2010
Thanks for the module!

Feature request: provide an option to hide the app icon. It serves me no purpose once the module is installed, and I prefer not to have extraneous apps in my launcher.

Reactions: ameshiya and wanam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple Xposed module to help you get rid of ads on the official YouTube App.

Requirements:
    - Xposed Framwork

How to Install:
    - Install Xposed Installer and framework
    - Install YouTube AdAway App
    - Enable the module on Xposed installer (ex, LSXposed)
    - Reboot

Notes:
    - Reboot is a MUST after updating the module.
    - This application is NOT a modified YouTube App

Bugs Report:
    - If you still get an IN-VIDEO ad, please report an issue here with your xposed logs.

Download.

Mirror.
    It seems some people are still getting some ads that i cannot reproduce! So I open sourced the module, you can find the sources on my Github repo.

I cannot keep following this thread with the way some people are reporting there issues here, report your issues here with your full Xposed logs (text format), and if you are a developer willing to help, feel free to push your merge requests.

That's been said i'm closing this thread.
    It's been a while :) , i re-opened the thread to get more feed back on the new update.

I was trying to keep updating the module on the past months, but i didn't have much time to improve it the way i wanted, YouTube didn't make this task easier either, working with those proguarded sources was time consuming, add to that i don't get a much ads as people may get on other countries.

I decided to try something else other than the brute force way, so I'm managing the views layouts instead, sources pushed.

I pushed a new module update 4.0.1:
    - Get rid of brute force and resources hooking
    - Force Skip ad button to stay visible

I also implemented a way to perform a click on skip ad button, but i didn't test it, i didn't manage to get any ads.
    Sorry for the late reply, i was not running Android in the past few weeks.

I uploaded a new update 3.4.2:
    - Added back ads expiration hooks.
    - Added YouTube Go support.

If you still get ads, disable all other modules, reboot, reproduce the ad, get a screenshot of the ad and your full xposed logs.

I will try to update today, I need a few hours to set up my PC & dev environment.