[MOD][Xposed] Statusbar Scroll to Top

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed Framework!

This module allows you to tap the status bar to scroll (smoothly, at least that's what the API says) to the top of lists.

This isn't compatible with all lists in this first version. Chrome for example isn't compatible, or some manufacturer lists (like the Contacts app in TouchWiz).

If this is patented by a fruit-based company, it'll most likely get a C&D, so keep that in mind when you look forward to updates :p

Demo:
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-sOWhwY0g
Video as GIF, FWIW, http://i.imgur.com/vNBTbQs.gif

Known bugs:
  • Manufacturer specific lists and some other custom scrollers (e.g Chrome) aren't supported yet.

Compatibility:
4.0 - 4.4 probably, I really haven't checked the source code, tested on Sony's 4.3.

Source:
The mod is open source: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-StatusBar-Scroll-To-Top
You may NOT distribute this app on the Play Store, paid or free.

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.statusbarscrolltotop

Inspired by:

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.

Last edited:

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Man, I'm about to have a direct subscription to the threads you create. Do you ever stop for a moment without coding useful things??

To hell with iFruit. :silly:

I do, this took about 2 hours, inspired by a post on Reddit with Android's pros and cons, the code implementation hit me while I was driving home :p

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
I do, this took about 2 hours, inspired by a post on Reddit with Android's pros and cons, the code implementation hit me while I was driving home :p

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't code much anymore but that's what used to be the biggest roadblock in most complicated projects I would start. Figure out a way to do it effectively.

Glad it hit you! :victory:

Reactions: MohammadAG

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Nice. Works well in tapatalk. Thanks!

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
A bit far fetched, but do you believe it would be possible to add support for more than the standard list? Such as webview?
Since it seems a lot of apps are actually just frontends for a page in webview, plus a lot of browsers using webview, I imagine this could be the next target of your thinkering and would cover most cases. It would be great to be able to scroll to top in a browser too. :)

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
A bit far fetched, but do you believe it would be possible to add support for more than the standard list? Such as webview?
Since it seems a lot of apps are actually just frontends for a page in webview, plus a lot of browsers using webview, I imagine this could be the next target of your thinkering and would cover most cases. It would be great to be able to scroll to top in a browser too. :)

I'm looking into Chrome, they supposedly use some kind of standard scroller, since they have the blue overscroll indicator.

Reactions: bluepratham

omf05

Dec 13, 2012
I've been looking for something like this since I left iOS. Hopefully you can get it working with chrome. This is great mod indeed!

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
I'm looking into Chrome, they supposedly use some kind of standard scroller, since they have the blue overscroll indicator.

nicely done, works flawlessly... i have few suggestions/comments

-having little issues with facebook app, it kinda works: moves up by a little but not all the way to the top.
-if possible, allow user to choose the scroll speed when status bar is tapped on? to me, it is kind of slow sometimes... just my opinion

anyway, really appreciate your works for xperia devices. :highfive:

many thanks:fingers-crossed:

omf05

Dec 13, 2012

-having little issues with facebook app, it kinda works: moves up by a little but not all the way to the top.
-if possible, allow user to choose the scroll speed when status bar is tapped on? to me, it is kind of slow sometimes... just my opinion

Facebook take a few taps. Twitter is working perfectly! I'm sure this will be fixed! :)

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org

Facebook switched me to the new version, and it works fine there, I guess you'll have to wait for the update that includes that, or Facebook downgrades my account :p

Second part is controlled by the system, I use a method called smoothScrollTo(0, 0). I'm not sure if that can be easily changed :)

Reactions: LitoNi

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Seems like it causes certain apps to force close. Tapatalk for example, if I go in a topic then back by pressing the back key to my followed topics then press the status bar it will force close. What do you need from me to help diagnose this?
Edit: it does scroll to the top before closing though.

Edit 2: doesn't crash anymore, found out it's because of a broken pvr driver. Ignore this haha

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts