[Q] Is there a custom ROM that fixes bluetooth disconnect issue?

Search This thread

hackhound

Dec 1, 2007
My Note has the issue where when paired to a bluetooth keyboard it will disconnect after about 5-10 seconds of not typing. Are there any custom ROMs that fix this problem?

Thanks,
Hackhound

hackhound

Dec 1, 2007
No Bluetooth keyboards are officially supported by this device as yet, could use USB OTG cable to plug keyboard directly into tablet

I understand that Samsung is not supporting bluetooth keyboards since they want everyone to use the stylus. They probably never will. What I want to know is if someone who has experiencing the disconnect issue had it go away after a custom ROM was installed on their Note.

Solyomszem

Mar 21, 2008
My Note has the issue where when paired to a bluetooth keyboard it will disconnect after about 5-10 seconds of not typing. Are there any custom ROMs that fix this problem?

Thanks,
Hackhound

Hi Hackhound,

There are two workarounds:
-stream music to a Bluetooth headset while using the Keyboard. The constant music stream keeps the BT connection open. I've tested it and it works.
-install Bluetooth Keyboard Easyconnect. Follow the instructions. Don't loose faith. Play with it for some minutes. It took me five-ten minutes for the first time to get a proper setup. It works! And now I am able to use my keyboard! :) If I add External Keyboard Helper Pro with which I can remap my keyboard layout I can say that I have made my way to productivity heaven. :)

Oh I forgot to add that the latter solution works only with stock kernel on KitKat... Or at least I had problems with xluco v1 an haven't tested with v1.1. And I am on xKat v3.0 at the moment.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: sam2c

sam2c

Feb 8, 2012
Hi Hackhound,

-stream music to a Bluetooth headset while using the Keyboard. The constant music stream keeps the BT connection open. I've tested it and it works.
-install Bluetooth Keyboard Easyconnect. Follow the instructions. Don't loose faith. Play with it for some minutes. It took me five-ten minutes for the first time to get a proper setup. It works! And now I am able to use my keyboard! :) If I add External Keyboard Helper Pro with which I can remap my keyboard layout I can say that I have made my way to productivity heaven. :)

Oh I forgot to add that the latter solution works only with stock kernel on KitKat... Or at least I had problems with xluco v1 an haven't tested with v1.1. And I am on xKat v3.0 at the moment.

Cheers!

I hope this isnt a transient thing, but installing BK Easyconnect seems to have solved my BT keyboard disconnect. Bluetooth keyboard has disconnected just once during the past 2 hours of use, and that was during a 10 min idle period. No other"fix" had worked to keep my BT keyboards connectd up until now, and I have tried all of them mentioned on this forum and elsewhere (factory reset, set timeout to never, toggle onscreen keepboard switch, "Null keyboard" app, "bluetooth keepalive" app, remove sd card, and probably more things that I cant remember)! Major props to you and the developer of the app. I was about to give up on this otherwise wonderful tablet. I just hope its not a fluke....I'll keep this thread updated if things change. You might want to post your fix in the 14 page long Bluetooth keyboard disconnect thread here. Im sure others will appreciate it :))

Im running hashcheck 4.4.2 ROM and using the Motorola keyboard with the built in cursor stick mouse. Both keyboard and mouse functions are working. No lag, no stutter, no constant disconnects every 5 seconds *** crossing fingers****

Solyomszem

Mar 21, 2008
I hope this isnt a transient thing, but installing BK Easyconnect seems to have solved my BT keyboard disconnect. Bluetooth keyboard has disconnected just once during the past 2 hours of use, and that was during a 10 min idle period. No other"fix" had worked to keep my BT keyboards connectd up until now, and I have tried all of them mentioned on this forum and elsewhere (factory reset, set timeout to never, toggle onscreen keepboard switch, "Null keyboard" app, "bluetooth keepalive" app, remove sd card, and probably more things that I cant remember)! Major props to you and the developer of the app. I was about to give up on this otherwise wonderful tablet. I just hope its not a fluke....I'll keep this thread updated if things change. You might want to post your fix in the 14 page long Bluetooth keyboard disconnect thread here. Im sure others will appreciate it :))

Im running hashcheck 4.4.2 ROM and using the Motorola keyboard with the built in cursor stick mouse. Both keyboard and mouse functions are working. No lag, no stutter, no constant disconnects every 5 seconds *** crossing fingers****

Hi sam2c,
I am glad that I could help You out but I have to confess that I was not the wise one. After many attempts I have found the solution by just Googling around with different keyword combinations... And on a foreign language google play comment there was this gem. :)
Anyway I'll post it on the BT KB thread.
Thanks,
Solyomszem

Sent with Tapatalk from SM-P600

sam2c

Feb 8, 2012
Hi sam2c,
I am glad that I could help You out but I have to confess that I was not the wise one. After many attempts I have found the solution by just Googling around with different keyword combinations... And on a foreign language google play comment there was this gem. :)
Anyway I'll post it on the BT KB thread.
Thanks,
Solyomszem

Sent with Tapatalk from SM-P600

Props to him/her too then :)) thanks again for sharing this info here.

I hope the devs here with the knowhow can incorporate this fix into their ROM and perhaps improve on it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,
    Hackhound

Hi Hackhound,

Cheers!