★ ☆ [ROM][5.0.2][OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v4.0 | Lollipop | [12-25-14]

Search This thread

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Nightly download page says empty??

+1 I'm running 10/16 and no OTAs are available
Yeah sorry about that everyone, I guess one of our maintainers gave the build server login info to someone (or they got hacked, idk) and someone from Indonesia was pinging the server looking for usernames and passwords, so we had to shut everything down and move some stuff around [emoji47]

But everything should be back up and running now.

mw2fan

Apr 1, 2014
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any F2FS builds of this ROM are planned. Since we now have kernels and recoveries that are F2FS compatible, the only thing left is a nice, speedy rom with f2fs compatibility. I was hoping to see if it makes any difference and would love to check it out!

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any F2FS builds of this ROM are planned. Since we now have kernels and recoveries that are F2FS compatible, the only thing left is a nice, speedy rom with f2fs compatibility. I was hoping to see if it makes any difference and would love to check it out!
What kernels/recoveries do you speak of?

If you do have a compatible recovery, format /data and /cache to F2FS and try it out :)

(I added compatible for f2fs on those two partitions awhile ago)

A bit of warning, though - from my testing, f2fs does not play well with MultiRom if you're using that. I was on f2fs for awhile but couldn't get any secondary ROMs to boot with it so I formatted back to ext4.

Reactions: mw2fan

mw2fan

Apr 1, 2014
Neat! I thought you had to have a compatible rom and kernel as well as a compatible recovery or something. I'll definitely check it out, thanks! Did you notice any improved performance while on F2FS?

Last edited:

nickrule1896

Jan 7, 2010
Please help!!!! I tried to install this on my International M8 and it is just a black screen after reboot. I can only hard reboot it(holding down power and volume up) but not force it to recovery!! Please help someone. :(((

turboblaz

Jan 8, 2011
Ljubljana
Please help!!!! I tried to install this on my International M8 and it is just a black screen after reboot. I can only hard reboot it(holding down power and volume up) but not force it to recovery!! Please help someone. :(((

Would be nice if you gave us more info like on what rom you were before, how did you installed this rom etc...

Poslano z mojega HTC One_M8 z uporabo Tapatalk

Reactions: CPA Poke

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Neat! I thought you had to have a compatible rom and kernel as well as a compatible recovery or something. I'll definitely check it out, thanks! Did you notice any improved performance while on F2FS?
This rom/kernel is compatible, that's what I'm saying :)

You need a f2fs recovery though, and apart from the one I built for my own testing I don't know of any other ones that have been released.

And I did notice a little improvement at first, but not a ton.

nickrule1896

Jan 7, 2010
I was on 4.4.3 viper before. I did a full flash. Is it because i have to update my firmware to a 4.4.4 base beforehand? Anyway i managed to boot into recovery and all.

superior888

Nov 13, 2010
Hey!

I have a problem, that i've never seen before. Not the exact problem anyway. When i try to install some of the custom roms, the system gets messed up. It will still boot up as normal, but the system keeps FC (android process) so i can't really get passed the simlock. When booting back to TWRP (tried Philz recovery too, same thing happens) it can't mount /data or /sdcard. Well, i can get that sorted out, and restore a backup. It really fixes itself. The problem is that this only happens to some of the roms, like LiquidSmooth!

CM11, CandyKat and BrokenOS works like a charm, while LiquidSmooth does not. Stock AOSP works aswell. I did a RUU conversion, i have the latest firmware and i have S-oFF and SuperCID.

I've tried everything. Wiped it all, reverted to sense, reverted to GPE.

I actually know how to FIX THE ISSUE ENOUGH to install another rom, but liquid itself wont install!

Suggestions?

mw2fan

Apr 1, 2014
This rom/kernel is compatible, that's what I'm saying :)

You need a f2fs recovery though, and apart from the one I built for my own testing I don't know of any other ones that have been released.

And I did notice a little improvement at first, but not a ton.

Oh yeah, there's a modded TWRP for multirom that happens to have F2FS support built in, it's by some guy called captain throwback or something.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
CPA Poke has there ever been any explanation or reasoning behind the LTE signal fluctuating so much on the rom? not a big deal but just more of an eye sore. any chances the team could look into it?

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
The rom is fast and smooth but im getting a high cell standby bug. Draining my battery. Wonder if this has something to do with the fluctuating signal?

revamper

Feb 26, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey!

I have a problem, that i've never seen before. Not the exact problem anyway. When i try to install some of the custom roms, the system gets messed up. It will still boot up as normal, but the system keeps FC (android process) so i can't really get passed the simlock. When booting back to TWRP (tried Philz recovery too, same thing happens) it can't mount /data or /sdcard. Well, i can get that sorted out, and restore a backup. It really fixes itself. The problem is that this only happens to some of the roms, like LiquidSmooth!

CM11, CandyKat and BrokenOS works like a charm, while LiquidSmooth does not. Stock AOSP works aswell. I did a RUU conversion, i have the latest firmware and i have S-oFF and SuperCID.

I've tried everything. Wiped it all, reverted to sense, reverted to GPE.

I actually know how to FIX THE ISSUE ENOUGH to install another rom, but liquid itself wont install!

Suggestions?

Flash TWRP 2.7.1.0

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
i agree, ive tried every sense, gpe and aosp rom and this one is the smoothest. sadly i will go gpe once L hits. well at least until the devs start updating aosp to 5.0.

Op is there any way the team can make it so the kernel supports enabling simple-ondemand?
Are you talking about the GPU governor? Or is there a new CPU governor?

jkolner

Sep 8, 2009
Aalborg
Any way to make at shortcut on homescreen to LiquidSmooth from settings?
I use Apex Launcer and under Activites i have all the items in settings, but not LiquidSmooth tweaks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    r52IZDD.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

deadman96385

jsnweitzel

johnnyslt

santod040

Somber73

TheBr0ken

CPA-Poke

Cdub50

Features
    Code:
    * ROM built with SaberMod 4.8.4 GCC Toolchain 
    * Kernel built with SaberMod 4.9.3 GCC Toolchain
    * Updated Linux to 3.10.62
    * LCD KCAL control
    * Disabled forced encryption
    * Tweaked CPU governors (more gov's to come)
    * ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
    * Linaro and Code Aurora Optimizations
    * Gesture Anywhere
    * Gesture unlock
    * Battery icon options
    * SlimRoms Headsup customization
     * Custom toast animations
    * Option to disable screenshot noise
    * Built in superuser options with Root access options
    * Call blacklist options
    * SMS rate limiting option
    * Filter spam notifications
    * Per app control for Lockscreen notifications
    * Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
    * Safe headset volume option
    * Less annoying sound notifications option
    * Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
    * Option to customize device hostname
    * Option to not wake up device when charge is plugged/unplugged
    * Volume rocker wake up
    * IME switcher notification control
    * Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
    * Force autorotation on IME
    * Option to force show enter key
    * CM's Privacy Guard
    * Increasing ringtone option
    * Dark UI (primarily in Settings for now)
    * Screen Density changer
    * Statusbar clock customization
    * Option to disable searchbar in recents
    * Statusbar brightness control
    * Double tap statusbar to sleep control
    * Custom Lockscreen shortcuts
    * Extra info about your device (About phone/tablet)
    * Custom Liquid Logo in about phone/tablet
    * Google bug report and ota removed
    * Option to show kernel toolchain and other info by tapping kernel version in about phone/tablet
    * Timeout and instant lock options added to slide unlock instead of just secure keyguard options
    * Developer options enabled by default
    * Navigation bar height control
    * Show application package name in app info
    * LiquidSmooth Stats and Updater added
    * Partition size info
    * Option to disable immersive messages

Check our Google+ for updates

Source Links
    Code:
    [url="http://github.com/LiquidSmooth"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]LiquidSmooth Github[/B][/COLOR][/URL]
    [url="https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8974"][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]LiquidSmooth Kernel Source[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Download Links
    Code:
    [url="http://drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Nightly/HTC_One_M8_Unified/"][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ROM Download - v4 Nightlies[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

[url="http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900"]Lollipop Gapps Download
    ( or use whatever works for you)[/URL]

Screenshots
    NgkP7E3.png

xprEFeu.png

kIjGrM5.png

u8W67aZ.png

vdedw7G.png

Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    LiquidSmooth Project, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    CPA Poke, santod040
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-12-25
    Last Updated 2014-12-26
    Merry Christmas to all...

First public 5.0.2 build for the m8 is now live!

DOWNLOAD

GAPPS
    (or whatever LP Gapps you prefer)

Merry Christmas from santod claus... :)

r52IZDD.png
    We are working on m8 currently it builds, but we are having trouble getting it to boot we will let you know once we get a functional build.
    This is an official nightly beta build for the HTC One M8.

Bugs:

HTC One M8 specific bugs:

Install Instructions:

1. Download ROM
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Please backup your ROM before you begin!
    4. You need a full wipe* if coming from another ROM.
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Let it sit a while.

*NOTE: You are more than welcome to dirty-flash (i.e. only wipe cache/dalvik cache) between each of our nightly builds. However, there are times when we push certain changes/updates that WILL cause errors (force closes, etc.) if you choose to dirty-wipe. In such cases, please DO NOT report bugs in this thread until/unless you have done a full wipe (/data and /system) and tried again. If there is any indication of a dirty-flash in your bug report, it will probably be ignored. See my signature for additional information. :)

Credit for making this happen:

@toastcfh
    @deck
    @h8rift
    @invisiblek
    @interloper
    @Flinny
    @Desterly
    @flar2
    @faux123
    @savoca
    The rest of the Cyanogenmod Team
    All of our Testers!
    New build up...speakerphone/VOIP and in-call audio should now be fixed!! Let me know your results :)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567720172