[Expired]Get WP 10 for every Windows Phone and everyone with 3 easy steps

Search This thread

reker

May 23, 2009
Shanghai
-------------------------------------
This method doesn't work any more on the latest version of Windows Insider app, Microsoft has fixed the vulnerability.
I post this method several hours after the release of Windows 10 for phone.
It original wrote in Chinese, I decided not to post on XDA, because I'm lazy to translate, I posted it on Chinese WP forum WPXAP.com and wish someone will translate it.
Today I noticed that there only a complicated method was posted here, so finally I decided to post an English version of my method.

What you need to do is: Download a file, Set a proxy and Get update.
No PC needed, you can done it within 2 minutes.

Details step for noobs (Read notice below before you really follow the steps) :
0.Open http://upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777 in IE on your phone (My server is in China, maybe slow)
1.Tap 'Open', then 'Install'
2.Open Wifi Settings
3.Tap Wifi network you connected
4.Turn on Proxy
5.Server: upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn
6.Port: 7777, and save
7.Open Windows Insider
8.Tap 'Get preview builds'
9.Two or three options will show up (1st time you use this method, you'll get only 2 options. Otherwise, you will see 'Restore' additional)
10.Long-press Back key, back to Wifi settings, turn off proxy, then back to Windows Insider
11.Tap 'Insider Fast', then tap 'Accept' (Ignore any Chinese text you see)
12.You will get update

Notice:
Use at your own risk. Strongly recommend you test it on your second phone, do not update your primary phone.

Your token information(not password) of Live ID may be sent to my server automatically by phone, if you don't trust me, don't trust this method.

You can't use my proxy server to access internet, so don't forget to turn it off.

Make Backup, you may need Rest or Reflash your phone.

Huawei and Duo-SIM phone are not supported according to Microsoft.

Your phone model infomation will be changed to Lumia 636 after using this method. If you want to revert to your phone's original model, tap the 3rd option in step 9 and apply.

Check your 'Sys free space' in 'about' in Windows Insider. You need at least 250MB to install WP 10, or you will get 0x80188308 error (Sys free space show in Bytes, you need devide 1024 twice to get MB value. e.g. 556,646,400=530.86MB).
The only way to enlarge 'Sys free space' is Reset Phone or Reflash ROM. Reset only enlarge a little space usually, so I recommend Reflash ROM using Windows Phone Recovery Tool by Microsoft.

You will need about 500-700MB Phone free space (not Sys free space) to download the update, or you'll get 8018830f error.

DO NOT reset your phone if failed to update WP10, Windows Insider will broken(crash), it's a bug of Microsoft.

If you didn't join Preview for Developers program before (Means your OS version is below 341, usually 200), you will get WP8.1/341 update first, reboot twice follow the tips of Windows Insider, finally you'll receive WP10 update.

A lot of users repotered that OS version higher than 341(like 359 on new Lumias), you'll not receive WP10 update.

Last edited:
Damn it I'm so pissed

If you own a Nokia pone, you can try following this tutorial and reflash with Nokia Care Suite your original, or some generic firmware, if you need help getting your product code, you can get it looking under your battery there should be an RM-XXX code followed by another code of some 17 numbers (not your IMEI) and then you put on the "Data PAckage Manager" your Product Type (RM-SOMETHING) and your Product Code that are the first 7 numbers from that long code... Hope this helps to you

imatheus.sm

Dec 15, 2010
Belém
Help me :c

Do NOT reset your phone if failed to update WP10, Windows Insider will broken, it's a bug of Microsoft.

If you didn't join Preview for Developers before, you will get 341 version update first, reboot twice, then get WP10 update.

Reker,

I couldn't understand this part. I need to hard reset my phone via Windows Phone Recovery Tool, but I can't do it if i fail to update my phone to WP10? And my Windows Insider app will break?

Can you please clarify that part to me and send me some screenshots of your device too?

~imatheussm

TheIronMaiden

Jul 30, 2013
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Factory resetting your phone will break the windows insider app, as per Reker's instructions. Reflashing your ROM is the only way to increase your system space if you're below the minimum required system space. It's a pain in the ass, another step to make you think twice about it.

Lincoln99

Jul 14, 2013
So, has anyone tried this on a Lumia 521?
If not I will try it.

EDIT: Not enough System free space, about 124MB.

EDIT #2: Trying a clean flash of the ROM, as suggested.

Sent from my One S

Last edited:

Lincoln99

Jul 14, 2013
So far so good, will post when install of Windows 10 is completed.

Sent from my One S

mmuntean2

Aug 20, 2010
Timisoara
Your phone model infomation will be changed to Lumia 636 after using this method. If you want to change it back, tap the 3rd option in step 9.

Changing back means having the registry information back as your phone originally had? the manufacturermodelname: RM-1045_1006 for eg. instead of the information this patch is applying.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Windows Phone Recovery Tool will 100% return your phone to the correct OS

I had mine set to the L635, used the Windows Phone Recovery Tool and it recovered my phone back to the L625 100% working as it should

Last edited:

snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Some information is incorrect in the OP of this thread. You don't need at least 700 Mb, you only need at least 510-520mb for the wp10 update to install.

Also, as a reminder to users. When you set a phonemanufacturername, the mobile operator that the phone model appears on MUST ALSO match for you to receive the updates

returned4good

Oct 6, 2009
Thanks loads. This worked perfectly on my Lumia 1320. Far simpler than that other method posted. This is in desperate need of a sticky.

iconata

Sep 5, 2010
Burgas
I have followed the steps to the dot.. but my 930 keeps rebooting and receiving nothing.. I turn off the proxy, tap Insider (Fast).. I get "configuring your device..." screen, ajfnajksnfk in chinese, tap accept.. your device will reboot and so far it has rebooted 5 times, but no update yet.. what am I doing wrong?

bobo3atlon

Jan 16, 2008
I have followed the steps to the dot.. but my 930 keeps rebooting and receiving nothing.. I turn off the proxy, tap Insider (Fast).. I get "configuring your device..." screen, ajfnajksnfk in chinese, tap accept.. your device will reboot and so far it has rebooted 5 times, but no update yet.. what am I doing wrong?

Same to me

XxAndrexX

Jul 25, 2009
Now lets suppose, I successfully get W10 without resetting my phone. Will my 920 be known as 635 forever or will it get the right 920 software once W10 preview will be available for every phone??
Will I be forced to do the rollback to WP8.1???
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method doesn't work any more on the latest version of Windows Insider app, Microsoft has fixed the vulnerability.
    I post this method several hours after the release of Windows 10 for phone.
    It original wrote in Chinese, I decided not to post on XDA, because I'm lazy to translate, I posted it on Chinese WP forum WPXAP.com and wish someone will translate it.
    Today I noticed that there only a complicated method was posted here, so finally I decided to post an English version of my method.

What you need to do is: Download a file, Set a proxy and Get update.
    No PC needed, you can done it within 2 minutes.

Details step for noobs (Read notice below before you really follow the steps) :
    0.Open http://upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777 in IE on your phone (My server is in China, maybe slow)
    1.Tap 'Open', then 'Install'
    2.Open Wifi Settings
    3.Tap Wifi network you connected
    4.Turn on Proxy
    5.Server: upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn
    6.Port: 7777, and save
    7.Open Windows Insider
    8.Tap 'Get preview builds'
    9.Two or three options will show up (1st time you use this method, you'll get only 2 options. Otherwise, you will see 'Restore' additional)
    10.Long-press Back key, back to Wifi settings, turn off proxy, then back to Windows Insider
    11.Tap 'Insider Fast', then tap 'Accept' (Ignore any Chinese text you see)
    12.You will get update

Notice:
    Use at your own risk. Strongly recommend you test it on your second phone, do not update your primary phone.

Your token information(not password) of Live ID may be sent to my server automatically by phone, if you don't trust me, don't trust this method.

You can't use my proxy server to access internet, so don't forget to turn it off.

Make Backup, you may need Rest or Reflash your phone.

Huawei and Duo-SIM phone are not supported according to Microsoft.

Your phone model infomation will be changed to Lumia 636 after using this method. If you want to revert to your phone's original model, tap the 3rd option in step 9 and apply.

Check your 'Sys free space' in 'about' in Windows Insider. You need at least 250MB to install WP 10, or you will get 0x80188308 error (Sys free space show in Bytes, you need devide 1024 twice to get MB value. e.g. 556,646,400=530.86MB).
    The only way to enlarge 'Sys free space' is Reset Phone or Reflash ROM. Reset only enlarge a little space usually, so I recommend Reflash ROM using Windows Phone Recovery Tool by Microsoft.

You will need about 500-700MB Phone free space (not Sys free space) to download the update, or you'll get 8018830f error.

DO NOT reset your phone if failed to update WP10, Windows Insider will broken(crash), it's a bug of Microsoft.

If you didn't join Preview for Developers program before (Means your OS version is below 341, usually 200), you will get WP8.1/341 update first, reboot twice follow the tips of Windows Insider, finally you'll receive WP10 update.

A lot of users repotered that OS version higher than 341(like 359 on new Lumias), you'll not receive WP10 update.
    I would not recommend this. You're sending all your data through a server in china. Yes, the length of time is brief but any apps that do a background sync (mail, etc) will send your auth token (not your password) to the server where it can be stolen. Not saying the OP is doing this but there's a reason I didn't do something like this for the method I posted. It crossed my mind but I don't feel comfortable with having access to other people's data like that. User beware!
    Changing back means having the registry information back as your phone originally had? the manufacturermodelname: RM-1045_1006 for eg. instead of the information this patch is applying.

Couple of quick questions.

So I did this and it works great.

I wasn't sure I understood the option part in step 9. Is it stating that by choosing option 3 in step 9 the phone identifiers like model number will be reverted back. Meaning I can still have WTP10 and have my original identifiers.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad English, I didn't explained enough, thread has been edit.
    It's revert to your phone's original model
    Damn. I thought I needed more system space, so I did a hard reset. Damn it I'm screwed. Anyway to fix it?
    ------------------------------------