[MODULE] xmlpak - install vendor apps directly from the Play Store!

Search This thread

RKBD

Jun 20, 2016
koszalin
Honor 7
OnePlus 3
"This module is my personal time-killer.

(Used to)" ~j1505243

Does it have any flaws?
Definitely. It's aimed only at downloading and installing of vendor apps. Everything besides feature-names and library-names is stripped.
Does not modify the build.prop or anything other than /system/etc/permissions/.
This means that some apps may still not want to be installed, downloaded or launched properly.

What vendors are supported? (Some only partially)
HTC, OnePlus, Essential, Asus, Nokia/HMD Global, Google (lens, dialer, launcher, Daydream, maybe something else), Motorola, BlackBerry, Nextbit, BQ, Sony, Samsung, Cyanogen, Razer, NVIDIA, Acer.

Any FAQ? :(
After reboot, wait.
Or not. Play Store often isn't too hasty in terms of compatibility detection. If you want to be quicker and don't want to say something about not working module, reset Play Store and Play Store Services data + reboot again. And if you are somehow on Marshmallow, you may even need to wipe the whole data.

Do I have any wish? Definitely!
First. Please don't post it on the main page of xda. We don't want it to be patched.
Second. Be cooperative. If you have a problem (other than app crashing) or suggestion, feel free to post it. I'd gladly look into logs of failed app installations or your packed /etc/permissions/ & /etc/sysconfig/ folders from your exotic device, if it has an access to some exclusive apps.
If you want some help, got some feedback or just want to be up to date: you may join here – https://t.me/joinchat/FyoBiEnx3VoMCr7yVCxELQ

Do I like some specific apps?
Yup. Xperia Weather, Xperia Launcher are one of the best vendor apps of their type. -j1505243

Motorola Clock widget and Razer Phone 2 Camera - @RKBD

Download
You can download latest one from github releases
github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/xmlpak/releases/

XDA:DevDB Information
[MODULE] xmlpak - install vendor apps directly from the Play Store!, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
@RKBD j1505243, All the OEM devs, Makers of system image unpackers

Created 2017-11-07

Last edited:

avilav

Aug 1, 2014
Works great in Nitrogen OS oreo.

Pls recomend good vendor apps.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Aex12

Aug 8, 2014
Installed it on Mi 5X (with A1 rom) and doesn't work. I search on Google Play but vendor apps doesn't show up.

JD. A

Sep 9, 2013
Working in rn3 pro pixel port. Only problem is that wifi cannot be enabled with module enabled. I tried uninstalling it and wifi works again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "This module is my personal time-killer.

(Used to)" ~j1505243

Does it have any flaws?
    Definitely. It's aimed only at downloading and installing of vendor apps. Everything besides feature-names and library-names is stripped.
    Does not modify the build.prop or anything other than /system/etc/permissions/.
    This means that some apps may still not want to be installed, downloaded or launched properly.

What vendors are supported? (Some only partially)
    HTC, OnePlus, Essential, Asus, Nokia/HMD Global, Google (lens, dialer, launcher, Daydream, maybe something else), Motorola, BlackBerry, Nextbit, BQ, Sony, Samsung, Cyanogen, Razer, NVIDIA, Acer.

Any FAQ? :(
    After reboot, wait.
    Or not. Play Store often isn't too hasty in terms of compatibility detection. If you want to be quicker and don't want to say something about not working module, reset Play Store and Play Store Services data + reboot again. And if you are somehow on Marshmallow, you may even need to wipe the whole data.

Do I have any wish? Definitely!
    First. Please don't post it on the main page of xda. We don't want it to be patched.
    Second. Be cooperative. If you have a problem (other than app crashing) or suggestion, feel free to post it. I'd gladly look into logs of failed app installations or your packed /etc/permissions/ & /etc/sysconfig/ folders from your exotic device, if it has an access to some exclusive apps.
    If you want some help, got some feedback or just want to be up to date: you may join here – https://t.me/joinchat/FyoBiEnx3VoMCr7yVCxELQ

Do I like some specific apps?
    Yup. Xperia Weather, Xperia Launcher are one of the best vendor apps of their type. -j1505243

Motorola Clock widget and Razer Phone 2 Camera - @RKBD

Download
    You can download latest one from github releases
    github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/xmlpak/releases/

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MODULE] xmlpak - install vendor apps directly from the Play Store!, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
    @RKBD j1505243, All the OEM devs, Makers of system image unpackers

Created 2017-11-07
    I cant see this module from magisk manager downloads anymore.
    Latest magisk 19.1

topjohnwu has removed all modules from the repository that don't use the new template. It's up to @j1505243 to update the module and submit it again.

I uploaded the current build (v3.3) to this post but I can't be sure if it works with Magisk 19+.
    2.6 released with Substratum fix :>
    As new owner of the module and thread i want to announce that I have released new update on github with new XMLs from Google, Samsung, Oppo, OnePlus, Motorola and Microsoft!

Enjoy!😊
    Thanks, my life is now complete