[APP] Raccoon v4.12 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Search This thread

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
[APP] Raccoon v4.13 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Ever ran into one of these problems?
  • You want to check out an app, but your device is not officially supported.
  • After flashing a custom ROM, you no longer have Google Play available on your phone.
  • You updated an app, but the new version causes nothing but trouble and you want to go back to the previous version.
  • You are not satisfied with Google's privacy policy and would rather download apps without hooking your phone up to Google.
  • You want to check out apps without them cluttering up your "My Apps" list and potentially influencing app suggestions.
  • You don't have unlimited bandwidth at your disposal but want to install an app on multiple devices in your household.

Raccoon is a Google Play desktop client that will enable you to download APK files from Google Play and cache them locally on your desktop computer. You can maintain as many caches as you like (e.g. one per Google Account or one per device you own). Each cache is able to hold apps in multiple versions.

1MBGPHJ.png

Click here to download

Usage instructions:

1. Install Java (java.com)
  2. racoon.jar should now be executeable, start it like any other program
  3. Enter your loginname and password (prefererably from a throw away account).
  4. type "Onyxbits" into the textfield.
  5. You should now see a list of all my apps (yes, shameless plug, I know).
  6. Maybe download "List My Apps"
  7. you will get an APK file, transfer that to your phone by whatever means suit you (e.g. copy via USB cable).
  8. Enable "Unknown Sources" on your device to install the APK

Last edited:

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
The brave of heart will find some neat stuff in the development version:

java -jar racoon.jar -u -a <archive>

Will conveniently fetch the latest APKs for all the apps stored in the archive.

java -jar racooon.jar -a <archive> -f de.onyxbits.listmyapps,14,1

Is a way to simply download an app without searching for it (you have to know packagename, versioncode and offertype). Just in case someone wants an older version of something.

There also now is proxy support (but you don't really wanna use that, the -f option does a better job).

Minor request: If you build from source, please DON'T make your build available to the public. I really don't want to deal with support requests for software I don't know the version of.

exodius48

Apr 7, 2013
Yori's Heart
Xiaomi Poco F3
The brave of heart will find some neat stuff in the development version:

java -jar racoon.jar -u -a <archive>

Will conveniently fetch the latest APKs for all the apps stored in the archive.

java -jar racooon.jar -a <archive> -f de.onyxbits.listmyapps,14,1

Is a way to simply download an app without searching for it (you have to know packagename, versioncode and offertype). Just in case someone wants an older version of something.

There also now is proxy support (but you don't really wanna use that, the -f option does a better job).

Minor request: If you build from source, please DON'T make your build available to the public. I really don't want to deal with support requests for software I don't know the version of.

Would you make GUI for this app?

edit
Got error:

Jun 07, 2014 7:14:49 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0
x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: royaayushe

scandiun

Jul 12, 2010
Issue: can't edit device id from user interface after first configuration.

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Issue: can't edit device id from user interface after first configuration.

As jdstrydom said: just edit credentials.cfg. There is no UI for it because you are not really meant to change your credentials after setting them up. Your archive represents your phone/tablet. Changing your Android ID is akin to doing a factory reset (at least as far as Google Play is concerned. It has no effect on your downloads).

Unless you really know what you are doing, it's best to use a throwaway account and go with the generated ID. The thing you should probably not do is to use your regular account with a generated ID.

scandiun

Jul 12, 2010
As jdstrydom said: just edit credentials.cfg. There is no UI for it because you are not really meant to change your credentials after setting them up. Your archive represents your phone/tablet. Changing your Android ID is akin to doing a factory reset (at least as far as Google Play is concerned. It has no effect on your downloads).

Unless you really know what you are doing, it's best to use a throwaway account and go with the generated ID. The thing you should probably not do is to use your regular account with a generated ID.

I guess android id and device id are different things. As far as I am concerned, I can use any device id with my real account. Because some apps are only for phones and other only for tables so I need to switch between them.

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
I guess android id and device id are different things. As far as I am concerned, I can use any device id with my real account. Because some apps are only for phones and other only for tables so I need to switch between them.

The Android id is what you get from dialing

*#*#8255#*#*

You should not edit credentials.cfg, though. The preferred solution is to use one archive per device.

killoid

Feb 5, 2013
after setting up when i search an app,it shows me no result.am i doing anything wrong?

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Proud to present: Raccoon 2.0. Massive Changelog:

• Reworked GUI (tons of tweaks).
  • Proxy support (you don't want to use this)
  • Open multiple archives at once
  • Automatically update whole archives
  • Commandline interface for scripting
  • Directly fetch APK files without searching (to get APPs that are excluded by search).
  • New directory layout
  • Now keeps a session log of downloads (for scripting)
  • Developer feature: hold SHIFT when pressing "Google Play" to see the raw search entry.
  • Mark apps that offer IAP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Raccoon v4.13 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Ever ran into one of these problems?
    • You want to check out an app, but your device is not officially supported.
    • After flashing a custom ROM, you no longer have Google Play available on your phone.
    • You updated an app, but the new version causes nothing but trouble and you want to go back to the previous version.
    • You are not satisfied with Google's privacy policy and would rather download apps without hooking your phone up to Google.
    • You want to check out apps without them cluttering up your "My Apps" list and potentially influencing app suggestions.
    • You don't have unlimited bandwidth at your disposal but want to install an app on multiple devices in your household.

Raccoon is a Google Play desktop client that will enable you to download APK files from Google Play and cache them locally on your desktop computer. You can maintain as many caches as you like (e.g. one per Google Account or one per device you own). Each cache is able to hold apps in multiple versions.

1MBGPHJ.png

Click here to download

Usage instructions:

1. Install Java (java.com)
    2. racoon.jar should now be executeable, start it like any other program
    3. Enter your loginname and password (prefererably from a throw away account).
    4. type "Onyxbits" into the textfield.
    5. You should now see a list of all my apps (yes, shameless plug, I know).
    6. Maybe download "List My Apps"
    7. you will get an APK file, transfer that to your phone by whatever means suit you (e.g. copy via USB cable).
    8. Enable "Unknown Sources" on your device to install the APK
    Teaser of the GUI for the upcoming v2.0 version. Thumbs up, thumbs down?

oxhnTC6.png
    Just calling in to announce, that Raccoon v4.0.1 is available now. It is a complete rewrite of the old application, adding many new features. Let me know how it handles!

Download url: http://raccoon.onyxbits.de
    K guys, new release. Changelog here. This is really all I can do for the moment. May it hold for now.