Damaged EFS Partition?

Search This thread

XNMtele

Feb 10, 2016
Hi All, I have a Problem. I have Ruined my Edge. Genius. :rolleyes:

I have some how (read: Messed about with incomplete ROMS) damaged/Repartitioned my EFS partition. I can boot into the device and I HAVE an EFS folder with files in it, but still an IMEI 3500000000000000000000 or similar as well as no signal.

I know Its stupid, even more so to not have a backup, so you don't need to remind me, but any ideas on rectifying this? I know some people have had to get a new Motherboard installed when the EFS partition is missing or empty, but mine is there. I'm hoping something can be done. Maybe a .PIT file? I dunno....

TO NOTE:

I HAVE tried Smartswitch. NO, It didn't work :laugh:

Any help would be Apprectiated

ahamed.rafi135

Oct 9, 2015
Sharjah

I have some how (read: Messed about with incomplete ROMS) damaged/Repartitioned my EFS partition. I can boot into the device and I HAVE an EFS folder with files in it, but still an IMEI 3500000000000000000000 or similar as well as no signal.

I know Its stupid, even more so to not have a backup, so you don't need to remind me, but any ideas on rectifying this? I know some people have had to get a new Motherboard installed when the EFS partition is missing or empty, but mine is there. I'm hoping something can be done. Maybe a .PIT file? I dunno....

TO NOTE:

Even i screwed my efs partition, without taking backup.
I think it might get fixed when u flash marshmallow rom(when it releases), lets hope!!!!

xstokerx

Jan 26, 2012
winnipeg
Google Pixel 5

TO NOTE:

Does flashing stock with odin bring it back?

ahamed.rafi135

Oct 9, 2015
Sharjah
which was the last rom which ur mobile network used to work.
Flash that rom it worked for me!!!
best of luck.....
after it works u can take backup of efs then again mess with ur phone like how im doing!!!!